AES support/compatibility for P3D

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to P3D who flew FS9 for almost 7 years(It made sense to stick with it as FSX was a unstable sim IMHO and P3D was at its infancy), and recently converted to P3D. Now in FS9 I enjoyed the support of AES in almost 400 airports but in P3D, I feel its time somebody made a patch or addon to make AES compatible with it. So, is there any future plans to make a AES like software for P3D or a seperate GSX like(with Jetways though) software for P3D??..........Forgive me If I sound a bit stupid, but I sincerely liked AES and the switch to GSX is frustrating(No offence to GSX fans). I would like to see a version of AES for P3D.

• Developer

It is in planing and concept state and first test done, but it will result in a complete new development, which need time. For the moment, it's not clear if it will be P3D only or FSX backward compatible.

So for FS9 and FSX (Acc-Pack and SP2, not Steam) the AES in the actual form will be continued and enhanced.

When there is a clear timeline, I will give more info's.

36 minutes ago, OPabst said:

It is in planing and concept state and first test done, but it will result in a complete new development, which need time. For the moment, it's not clear if it will be P3D only or FSX backward compatible.

So for FS9 and FSX (Acc-Pack and SP2, not Steam) the AES in the actual form will be continued and enhanced.

Wow, thats great news, thanks for the heads up Oliver, would love to see it in its full glory for P3D :)

• 1 month later...
  • Developer
vor 14 Minuten, Doughnut1621 sagte:

I'm sorry, if I am wrong here. But is there any chance that EDDF gets SODE Jetways. As a GSX user, AES compatibility unfortunately brings me nothing. :(

Wrong forum I think, as SODE is not AES ;)

But it is a option to get a solution until AES is done for P3D.

And MAF is in Test for such a solution, ok on my PC only yet.

If, when and how, are question to be cleared the next weeks and I am not the only one in that party.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2016/4/4 at 7:25 PM, OPabst said:

so why not just simply split into P3D and FSX versions so that u developers may work easily?

• Aerosoft
23 minutes ago, amm693 said:

so why not just simply split into P3D and FSX versions so that u developers may work easily?

And have double the work? Something like that might work out if manpower is not an issue, but if you are working on your own on a product you surely have to keep a close eye on that.

And it's not just the development you have to keep in mind, also the maintenance afterwards would get doubled.

• 9 months later...

Archived