Split X weird sound while on ground

airflyer

Hello guys,

just installed Split X Version 1.41 on my P3D v3.1. Everything looks fine so far but I can hear

a annoying sound in the area of stand 4 and 5. It sounds like there is a Cessna (or a tractor) standing right next to me.

The sound vanishes if I move away from the gate area. I can only stop it if I kill APController from the Task Manager.

Andere Anhänge anfügen

Any solution for this one?

Best regards

• 4 months later...

Hey guys. This might be my problem. This issue appeared in APC almost year ago and I fixed it - but sounds to me I was able to "re-introduce" it somehow.

Sorry for iconveniences - I'kk try to fix it asap.

vor 7 Stunden , Premek sagte:

Hey guys. This might be my problem. This issue appeared in APC almost year ago and I fixed it - but sounds to me I was able to "re-introduce" it somehow.

Sorry for iconveniences - I'kk try to fix it asap.

@Premek Thank you very much for your efforts and for letting us know how and when it's fixed.

Regards,

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...

Just a question - as I'm not able to reproduce this issue - could you tell me whether this issue is only at stands 4 and 5 area? Or could you find it also on other places?

Vor 1 Stunde, Premek sagte:

Just a question - as I'm not able to reproduce this issue - could you tell me whether this issue is only at stands 4 and 5 area? Or could you find it also on other places?

@Premek I checked several parking locations at Split X with the default Cessna and I hear this "tractor" sound at all positions (not only at stand 4 or 5). I also realized that I hear it only within the cockpit or in the top-down view but not from the fixed outside view. I hope that you will be able to solve this issue. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Daniel

For me the sound occurs in every view and every stand. Standing at the gate it also seems like its not coming from the gates but from somewhere behind the runway

This was recorded standing at position 4 with NGX, fixed outside view. At first I am looking at the tail, then you can hear me panning the view to the nose of the aircraft (at 10 seconds) where you can only hear it a bit.

bug.mp3

@Premek Just for your information: LSZH has released an update to V1.03 and the changelog states there is a new AirportController (once again). After deinstalling and installing Zurich V1.03, there is no tractor sound in Split anymore but there is a complete mess with the textures all around Split Airport now. It seems that the new AirportController that Zurich V1.03 installs, has a negative side effect on Split. I reinstalled Split again but the problem still consists. I also deinstalled and installed Prague again and at first glance Prague looks fine. Finally, I am a bit confused which AirportController is now the latest one and fits to Zurich, Prague and Split.

Regards,

Daniel

I might know what the issue is: I had something similar. My problem was caused by Orbx Freeware airports pack. Orbx freeware airport pack included a redone Split with GA aircraft. Sound came from them. After disabling Split airport from Orbx all went back to normal. Worth a try. 

vor 9 Stunden , Premek sagte:

@daschla To know what is the latest released APC version number check this post.

@Premek Thank you, I just checked APC and I am running the latest version. I will try some troubleshooting over the weekend.

Regards,

Daniel

These days I completely reinstalled Windows and P3D 3.3 -> the problem is still there...

As I already posted half a year ago, the sound can be stopped by killing APController with the Task Manager

@airflyer But when you stop the APC, the scenery will not work as it should. 

Please be patient - I have a suspicion what causes the issue, but it is related to changes I recently did for Prague (should appear in version 1.05 of the installer).

Once it is confirmed the change was okay, I'll take the next step and fix this one.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hallo Premek,

are there some News about the soundproblem.

I use P3D 3.4 with HF2.

I do not understand where the Sound comes from.

If i stop APC the Sound  is gone.

Prag is not working....in P3D

I have a Installation Marathon with Prag, Split, Tegel and Zürich.

I do not know with Airport at first, second, third.......

Thanks

Frank

Archived