SODE showing up twice in Add-On (P3D V3)

Rob Ainscough

• Deputy Sheriffs

Nope:

Please login to display this image.

Rob, could it be that you have more then 2 exe.xml files with entries for SODE?

from the SDK document:

Libraries and Executables

The priority for how add-on library and executable configuration files differs from content and is initialized as follows:

• ProgramData: Configuration files named dll.xml or exe.xml found at: %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
  • Roaming: Configuration files named dll.xml or exe.xml found at: %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

If multiple configuration files are found, then the list of paths are merged together when processed according to the above priority. When an add-on library is initialized, the dll is loaded. When an add-on executable is initialized, the executable is started.

My SODE entry is located in the exe.xml at this path: %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can confirm that you get two SODE entries when having SODE configured in ProgramData and Roaming.

Removing it in one of them get's you only one item in the sim.

Yep that was the issue ... I had recently installed all the V3 compatible updates for Aerosoft/FSDG airports, looks like some of the installers used ProgramData, some used Roaming for SODE entry ... leaving me with two SODE loading, but oddly only one DLL.XML entry for the animation DLL?

I see potential for some issues here ... doesn't appear to be any validation for duplicate entries on installers nor any validate via LM when loading.  Wonder if P3D ErrorContent.log shows duplicate?

Anyway, thanks for info ... I'll have to keep an eye out for this one as it's probably going to cause more issues down the line.

Cheers, Rob.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived