Norwegian airports and ORBX Norway

Yolo Swaggins

I discovered the following issues with Oslo, Tromso, Bergen and ORBX Norway:

1) Seasons changes are inconsistent at all three airports (see screenshots below).

2) Oslo is incompatible with the mesh.

post-90349-0-71728900-1418599635_thumb.j

3) Issues with vector data at Bergen

post-90349-0-77478000-1418599644_thumb.j

• Deputy Sheriffs

1) Seasons changes are inconsistent at all three airports (see screenshots below).

3) Issues with vector data at Bergen

May I kindly ask you to post this also over at the Orbx Forum.

What mesh are you using? Do you use FTX vector and did you run the AEC Tool?

There are no AEC files in Vector for these airports, and Vector has nothing to do with it, because FTX Norway has its own vector data. The issues AEC solves look differently. Anyway, I read at the ORBX forums that they're working on compatibility with Jo Erlend.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to add: the maked area to the lower left on your 2nd screenshot might be OK, when looking at aerial images, there is a lowered water bodie.

The season mismatch comes from the fact that obviously Orbx doesn't use any snow in this area during winter. reason is that there is indeed no or only very less snow, due to the gulfstream. But IMHO not quite correct. To Avoid this. simply turn winter off in the config tool for Bergen.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Taken form orbx forum:

Important reminder for Global Vector users: Please run the Airport Elevation Corrections auto-configuration tool after installing FTX Norway.

David

But this does not solve everything. ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

This can be because the runway elevation differs from north to south by at least 20ft (6m). And due to limitations in FSX you can have only one elevation point for an airport. The result are those steps as you see them. And they are more present the more detailed mesh you use.

I'm sorry, but that is rather unlikey. The ORBX guys should make their scenery compatible as they have just released it and not the other way round. That's why Otto asked you to post this on the ORBX forums.

"A brief update: Jo Erlend Sund, the developer of the current Aerosoft Norwegian airports, and I have been working on compatibility including the differences in seasonal variations. The current plan is that I'll change the NOR seasons control file to display "hard" winter across the country in January and February and he'll adjust and color-match the photoreal background images for his airports to fit well with FTX NOR through all months of the year." - Holger Sandmann of ORBX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

Now that Norway SP1 has been released at Orbx, is there any word from Jo Erlend Sund regarding the compatibility updates mentioned by Holger? Holger had mentioned over in the Orbx forum that Jo told him the updates were in final testing before the SP1 release.

Archived