More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

• Aerosoft
Great to have a possible release date! That's the very thing I've been waiting for the last one and a half years! :P I guess several other producers of flightsim software will hide in their closet ashamed of themselves when they see the magnificant quality and sense of art that you have managed to put into one single package. It's going to be one of the legendary airplanes that simmers will talk about in many, many years to come.

By the way, who is making the soundset for the F-16? Whoever it is I hope that he/she will do an impressively good one. :)

Turbine Studios will do it. They done very good work for me in the past.

Turbine Studios will do it. They done very good work for me in the past.

sounds good, if sound will be that much fine then it was for the FS9 version the plane will be given the award for the best plane 2008 :)

Well thew previous version of the F16 Tim and I did had that award from many sides/sites.

ok and how about a sound example? because in the videos that vin has uploadet at youtube there is a strange sound...so how it would be to have an apu start,engine start up and so as an sound example?? or is the soundset not yet finished?

ok and how about a sound example? because in the videos that vin has uploadet at youtube there is a strange sound...so how it would be to have an apu start,engine start up and so as an sound example?? or is the soundset not yet finished?

I'll make some more videos with start up, taxing, take off, flying and all that stuff when the plane and sounds are more final. Right now I'm not going to upload vids of the Viper without a pilot in it, gives me too many questions in the line of "dude, where's the pilot?" :lol:

I'll make some more videos with start up, taxing, take off, flying and all that stuff when the plane and sounds are more final. Right now I'm not going to upload vids of the Viper without a pilot in it, gives me too many questions in the line of "dude, where's the pilot?" :lol:

ok...no problem!! but thanks for the info that we will see soon some new actions of the viper!!! Have fun working on the pilot ;-)

There will be two F-16 versions on initial release: the A-model (MLU) and the C-model. That means cockpit/avionics that are up-to-date. So no pre-MLU avionics. Making older cockpit lay-out just mean too much work.

Thanks for the quick answer :) But isn't F-16C's avionics black/green coloured?

See this cockpit footage of the F-16C when it was new-

(watch at 02:42)

That video is from the 80's, got that somewhere on a DVD as well :lol: It's probably a block 25. F-16C from block 50/52 have full-color displays and under CCIP (Common Configuration Implementation Program) all cockpit and avionics of the older blocks 40/42/50/52 in the USAF will be updated to the same standard among which color MDF. The older blocks that are now serving the with the ANG and AFRC have received them under CUPID (Combat Upgrade Plan Integration Details).

I would like to sugget to the devs if it is possible to have correct HAF 3d model with parachute extention with ASPIS EWS to the right side plus it will be cool with CFT tanks. are those possible to be made?

600-3.jpg

600-1.jpg

Mr Mathijs Kok/Aerosoft/Nick,

Your bird looks great; Hopefully it will still be released in June as promised. :D

However, I do have a few quick questions regarding this pic...

beta_preview_038.jpg

1. Will we be able to use this model as AI at military bases?

2. Can we substitute in this as AI for example with MyTraffic X's F-16's at KEDW, etc ?

3. Will this F-16 incorporate all the Navigational abilities available to the actual aircraft (including GPS/INS/ILS/VOR/NDB/TACAN) from the MFD onboard computer navigation console?

4. Do you have an pic's with Animations of Pilot, armorment, protective covers, parachute, etc. ?

Thank you for your time.

Afraid of being seen as rude, I am asking you: Can you please post a picture taken directly from the pilots viewpoint right towards the HUD, with a natural zoom? (0.70 for instance) :unsure:

Sure :)

First pic is the default view you'll see when loading the F-16. Default view is at 0.70 zoom. Note: these shots are made on 24" widescreen. On normal screens you'll lose some of the view on the sides.

beta_preview_vc_01.jpg

And this 2nd pic is the same view only lowered a bit to show more of the ICP and MDFs.

beta_preview_vc_02.jpg

1. Will we be able to use this model as AI at military bases?

2. Can we substitute in this as AI for example with MyTraffic X's F-16's at KEDW, etc ?

3. Will this F-16 incorporate all the Navigational abilities available to the actual aircraft (including GPS/INS/ILS/VOR/NDB/TACAN) from the MFD onboard computer navigation console?

4. Do you have an pic's with Animations of Pilot, armorment, protective covers, parachute, etc. ?

1. I don't think this model will be suitable for AI. It's a very complex model. I haven't tried it as AI, however I used FSrecorder and placed several F-16 on the flightline (you can see pics of that some pages back). That made my fps drop significantly.

2. see 1

3. This F-16 will have all navigational abilities that are available within FSX. Stuff like TACAN isn't available within FSX so won't be available for this F-16. Also there probably won't be a pop-up GPS thing, there will be a sort of GPS in the MDF.

4. No, that stuff is not yet modelled but when it is you can expect some screenshots of that right here.

Mr. Vincent "VinFlyer" van Yperen/ Aerosoft Staff,

Thank you very much; the model looks great and I'm happy to hear that the GPS, like most other navigational features, is all integrated in to the MFD and NOT pop-up windows. ;) Also, I do believe that FS treats TACAN as a VOR/DME; Correct? In reallity, it serves the same purpose in the cockpit of military aircraft and some civil aircraft that are equipped with the proper receiver;

Can you allow for that in the model? (Make it use TACAN as a VOR/DME)

Next, I did notice this; and I'm sure its just a bug of the BETA model; Correct? But I do see it in the actual cockpit shots...What is it?

beta_preview_vc_02_.jpgf16.jpg

Finally, I don't mind waiting, to allow your staff the time, to finish it correctly. I'm sure that this will be an excellent model (even if its NOT used as AI). Just keep us posted with more great pic.s :D

Thank you again.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I have a question about the MFD's.....are they made the same way as the Seahawk's were ? I find them very "shimmery" when you move your view around inside the cockpit and it drives me mad !

I really hope not, and I realise I would probably be moving my viewpoint around less in the smaller F16 cockpit.

Thnx

Just to be clear, I'm not the maker/modeller of this F-16. I'm only beta testing it and make liveries. So I can't answer all the questions on the model or how long it's going to take untill final release.

James, the things you're seeing are probably floodlights that light certain parts of the cockpit, but I'm not 100% sure. I have to look that up.

And the MDFs (and HUD) are very good readable, even when you move around.

Great shots Vin, superb VC work by Tim. I only hope the external models will be as "no holds barred" as the cockpit ....

Best

• Aerosoft
Mr. Vincent "VinFlyer" van Yperen/ Aerosoft Staff,

Thank you very much; the model looks great and I'm happy to hear that the GPS, like most other navigational features, is all integrated in to the MFD and NOT pop-up windows. ;) Also, I do believe that FS treats TACAN as a VOR/DME; Correct? In reallity, it serves the same purpose in the cockpit of military aircraft and some civil aircraft that are equipped with the proper receiver;

Can you allow for that in the model? (Make it use TACAN as a VOR/DME)

Thank you again.

There 'might' be some options for TACAN if we get a good database of TACAN transmitters that is free of licenses.

About navigation, the DED is one of the most complex areas as nearly 75% of what is shown there simply has no relevance in FSX. But we got screens that show information regarding the loaded flight plan. So distance, heading, ETE, ETR expected fuel use , remaining fuel at next waypoint etc. Other screens show lat/lon, ground track, ground speed is TAS etc.

• Aerosoft
Hi,

I have a question about the MFD's.....are they made the same way as the Seahawk's were ? I find them very "shimmery" when you move your view around inside the cockpit and it drives me mad !

I really hope not, and I realise I would probably be moving my viewpoint around less in the smaller F16 cockpit.

Thnx

They will be done in a different method, but displaying small text can always cause this. I seen it on the SH on a few machines, mostly this had to do with LCD displays not running on native resolution.

Any A_A and A_G radar modes will be included like A-A RCR ,TWS, STT? and A-G MT MTS, SAR? and functional for some weapons?