More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

• 2 weeks later...

Is this great aircraft only for FS X????? is there no possibility to use it for FS 9 ??? it is such a wunderful aircraft and it would be great to use it also for the FS 2004 :cry: :cry: :cry:

regards Max

• Aerosoft
Is this great aircraft only for FS X????? is there no possibility to use it for FS 9 ??? it is such a wunderful aircraft and it would be great to use it also for the FS 2004 :cry: :cry: :cry:

regards Max

Totally impossible, it is at least 5 times too complex to be used in FS2004.

But basically it is built on the Lago f-16? where are the differences?

best regards

It's not build on the Lago F-16, it's a completely new design. It's build by the maker of the Lago F-16, that something quite different :lol: 3D stuff like these planes are build up from polygones. The more of these polygones you put into an 3d model the more detailed it can be. FS2004 can only handle a certain amount of these polygones. FSX can handle much and much more. I've been told by Tim (the maker of this F-16) that the landing gear alone on this F-16 has more polygones than the Lago F-16 had. So that should give you an indication as to why this F-16 will never work in FS9.

Hi,

nice Work guys, looks fantastic!

Maybe the FalconTeam can make a little Preview Movie for us? Would be nice. :)

Greetings from Germany.

OK, some little preview movies :D If one pic can say a thousand words, a video can say a thousand pics or something. I don't know :lol:

One video is showing the external model, doing a walk around. The second video is a tour du cockpit. Sorry for the low-res videos, but that's what you get with Youtube.

I hope it still shows enough detail. Later on I will make some videos with moving F-16s. Untill then, enjoy :D

OH MY GOD !! I think I have died and gone to sim heaven :wink:

that looks to be the next sim that all others will be judged against

Absolutely Gorgeous

Randy

Vin which software do you use to walk around the plane in the video?

Regards

I used EZdok walk camera. Ones installed and everything works it easy to use :D

You can download it here

And have a look at the avsim forum (http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...;mesg_id=429944 )for more info on the programm as the help included in the programm is almost useless.

• Aerosoft
Hello to you beta testers! I was wondering something. I just got a new computer with the following components:

- Asus P5E X38 motherboard

- Core 2 Duo E6850 @3.0 GHz

- GeForce 8800GT 512mb alpha dog edition

- 3,25GB Ram

With this I can run FSX with all settings at max, including bloom and all that fancy stuff, exept from the traffic which is set to about 25%. I run this at a target of 30fps and it never goes below 20fps even when I'm over the big cities, flying the acc.pack Hornet.

The question is - Will I get any extreme drop in framerate when I fly with the F-16?

No, certainly not extreme, but I expect it will be roughly 20% lower than with the default Hornet. Not bad for an aircraft that is at least 5 times more complex in modeling.

• Aerosoft
You guys sure are pressing FSX to the limits! :lol: I like it.

Nope, we got no idea where the limits of FSX are at this moment, they are for sure way beyond what we are doing. The limit is the hardware you got. If you got a 64 CPU machine we certainly can push it further.

Time for some more pics :D

First off, the demo F-16s now have true smokewinders

beta_preview_040.jpg

beta_preview_039.jpg

Edwards AFB testunit 412th TW

beta_preview_038.jpg

Taiwan AF

beta_preview_037.jpg

Chile:

beta_preview_041.jpg

Turkey

beta_preview_042.jpg

And a Tiger (Belgium AF)

BAF_FA-87_01.jpg

Thank you for this fantastic view of the J-055! Almost made me cry here :lol:

Made you cry >>> Made me wet my pants :oops:

Those are absolutely beautiful pics ,I can't wait

Randy

what's that for a sound in the preview videos?? is it the apu sound or ai traffic? but the sound appears only from the front view, when you go back to the tail the sound disappears. what about a video with the real sound of this bird, maybe engine start up and takeoff or something like this? But I have to say:

GREAT WORK!!!!!!! :D

really really good job. nice plane