Corfu X problem: Text on the water

FWAviation

No, the title above is not a new version of a famous song by Deep Purple, but a texture problem that I encountered in Corfu X for FSX which I bought in the Holiday Airports sale last weekend.

Off the south coast of Corfu, near Lake Korission, there's a sea texture tile that has text on it. See the following two screenshots.

As you can see in the second screenshot, the text seems to read "Tile00199385883_lic.txt". I uninstalled and re-installed Corfu X, and the problem still exists. I de-activated and re-activated the freeware GRcoastlines.bgl (just in case that that creates the problem) and the problem still exists. Apart from those two and FTX Global, I use no other add-on in the region around Corfu. 

So it seems to be a problem in the original Corfu X textures. If so, can you offer a solution? Thanks in advance!

Please login to display this image.

Does someone of the other Corfu X users encounter the same texture problem? If anyone of you could do a "test flight" to that part of Corfu (in the southwest of the island, near the big lake close to the sea), it would be much appreciated. That way one could maybe get a feeling whether this is a general problem or only an individual problem of mine.

Yap, this code i use for watermarking was not meant to appear ; not sure if FTXG helped reveal the hidden blendmask but will have to remove and recompile the tile. It will take some time though-currently away. Sent from my iPhone

No problem, in any case thank you both for your quick reply, Mathijs and Emilios! And thanks for your help, srcooke!

Oh, and by the way, Emilios: I guess you did deliberately not include the tiny Lagoudia Islands in your scenery, right? Those islands are located right next to the place where that watermark appears. I ask because those islands were the reason why I even discovered the watermark: As I said above, I usually use GRcoastlines.bgl (which I have deactivated for the two screenshots above). In that bgl, the coastline of the Lagoudia Islands has been re-created with white or light-coloured strips. Those strips still appear in Corfu X even if they only surround water because the islands aren't included in the scenery. As I was flying around Corfu, I noticed those funny rings in the water, that's why I approached them and then saw not only that the islands were missing but also that the watermark is visible right next to them. I guess there's no chance that you include the Lagoudia Islands belatedly, right?

Here you can see the area with GRcoastlines.bgl activated, so it should be easier to understand what I'm talking about  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived