Mega Airport Oslo V2.0 (FSX+P3D) Elevation Problem?

P3R1

Hi

When flying into this Airport from a distance i get this weird elevation anomaly:

Only happens when flying into this Airport from a distance, lets say a flight from ENVA, ENBR and so on.

All is fine if i start from this Airport.

If i then disable this file A_ENGM_FTX_Norway_Fix.BGL the elevation problem is gone but then i get some Airportobjects elevated in the air, some barriers and train tunnel objects at the end of the new Pier and probably some other stuff aswell.

Tried manually disabling all ENGM related files in FTX Norway, Set Mesh Res to 5 and 1m, Executed FTX Vector elevation tool, disabled mesh, Checked for other ENGM ALT files, made sure the scenery is on top in scenery library, even did a clean install to no avail.

Never had this issue with earlier versions of Mega Airport Oslo V2.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also i have to disable this file: Alpha_Flatten.bgl to get GSX Ground Services X working correctly at this Airport?

Also missing the Safedocks in P3D.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Software:

Win7x64

P3D v2.5.12946.0

Mega Airport Oslo V2.0 (FSX+P3D) v1.06

FTX Global Base, Latest

FTX Global Vector, Latest

FTX Global OpenLc Europe, Latest

FTX EU Norway, Latest

FTX Libraries, Latest

Pilots Ultimate Mesh.

GSX Ground services X

PMDG NGX.

Br

Per

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This particular issue is mentioned in this thread in the german language forum: 

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/97390-engm-v20-106-höhenproblem/

Probably a good idea to have a post here in the english language as well. 

I have noticed this problem after I installed v 1.06 in P3Dv2.5.

Strangely it doesn't happen when I start a flight from ENGM. It happens for me only when ENGM is the destination airport.

I did not notice this in previous versions, which lead me to believe this is a bug introduced in the 1.06 version.

I might also mention that I have Norway mesh installed, but ENGM is at higher priority. MESH_RESOLUTION=22.  

This is very strange indeed, could it be something with third party mesh?

Tested with mesh on and off to no avail.

FTX Norway comes with mesh also i believe but it wont make sense because this particular file: A_ENGM_FTX_Norway_Fix.BGL was made to make this airport compatible with exactly FTX Norway.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this probloem as well. I had it on Windows 74 64 bit. I reinstalled my computer and upgraded to Windows 10 64 bit, and I still have the same problem. I can fix it by resyncing my AES before I start FSX. So every time I am going for a flight out or in to ENGM, I have to resync my AES, and it works. Hope you guys sort this problem out. Thanks!

I got the same issue with the elevated Airport object (tunnel and blast fence at the end of the new pier). But for me it´s always when I start from ENGM. If returning or flying into ENGM it´s normal.

I use ORBX FTX Norway, ORBX Europe and ORBX vectors with Airport Elevation Corrections checked. I have AES installed and using it.

/Peter

2015-7-2_13-3-43-991.BMP

2015-7-2_10-47-31-156.BMP

I wonder if Jo Erlend could take a closer look at the elevation of the building behind gate 173.

This is the only object I've seen that levels down to the same elevation as the ditches I get.

I've bought Oslo scenery just today ( v106 )

So far made 2 test flights, and on both have elevation and/or texturing problems.

Runways and taxiways are partly covered by some green ground textures, tunnel entry is hovering in the air.

My system - FSX SP2 + ORBX Global + Vector + DX10 Steve Fixer ( no FTX Norway, no AES )

I have checked Oslo scenery by Vector Configuration Tool, but scan show no problem with this scenery.

Interesting thing is that if start flight from Oslo airport, moving around and land, then everything is fine, if make short trip starting from different airport and Oslo is trip destination then all elevation/texturing problems pop up. 

Hope scenery author is able to figure out problem as right now with mentioned issues Oslo is out of my destination.

That is a pity as scenery is nicely done and extremely fps friendly 

BR/Beardyman

I have the exact same problem as Peter Lund, with same addons installed. 

2015-8-29_6-26-38-536.BMP

2015-8-29_6-26-48-436.BMP

2015-8-29_6-46-31-363.BMP

Solved by installing v.106.

WOW, Aerosoft - what a brilliant customer support !

One week passed and not a single word from developer team ...

In such case for me Oslo was first and last scenery from Aerosoft.

Try to run it again and also flush the scenery.cfg.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Also never heard about such an option. You can delete the scenery.cfg and FSX will use the default one, but this will have no addon sceneries included.

I'll try to recreate your issue later this evening.

Hi

Are you using ORBX FXT Global?

Make sure that OSLO does have higher priority than ORBX FXT Global in the addon scenery (where you can change up / down in the scenery list)

The go to the FTX Vector Configurator and  to the tab Airport Elevation Corrections and run the auto configurator.

You can also try to go to the manuel configuration and find ENGM and and disable it.

I had a similar problem with the Vilnius International addon and i just run the Airport Elevation Corrections and the i choose the manuel configuration and disable EYVI

That solved the Elevation problem for me

Hope that you will solve the problem 

Cheers

Dennis

Okay,

I thought flushing / deleting the Scenery.cfg would help, but it only help in the short term. The problem remain.

I got both Orbx Global, Vectors and FTX Norway. Oslo is the second highest and all the ORBX products are very low in the chain. AEC have also been run after installing Oslo.

I have also tried what they suggested in this topic http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/100841-norway-elevation-problem/?hl=engm#entry911797

/Peter

• Deputy Sheriffs

The fact that you do not get a response every day doesn't mean nobody from Aerosoft is interested.

I tested it meanwhile and found the following:

I can recreate the problem with FTX Central set to Europe, which means that (in my case) FTX Norway is active.

I can not recreate it, when FTX Central is set to Global, which means FTX Norway is not active.

So it looks like as if FTX Norway is causing some trouble, which leads my to the question why you guys always blame Aerosoft? Go over to the Orbx forum and ask JV how to solve it.

In the meantime I'll try to do some other tests by deactivating various files. But as it is very time consuming, it will take a while.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, I also have FSGlobal Ultimate and do not see an issue. But if your scenery order is not correct, maybe it is an issue. Usually FSGlobal is placed with a very low priority in the library, somewhere directly above the "Basis" scenery entries.

Archived