Mega Airport Oslo V2.0 (FSX+P3D) Elevation Problem?

P3R1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just discovered that i also got this problem.

But i found a solution that worked for me....

I my addon scenery list i FSX i took all ORBX VECTOR files and moved them up and put them below the ORBX OPENLC files.

So i now got this in my FSX:

Please login to display this image.

Then i let FSX generate a new scenery.cfg file.

Then i closed FSX and run the ORBX vector configurator.. And when finished i  clicked on apply.

And volia! That solved my problem with this issue..

Cheers

Dennis

• 4 weeks later...

I had an issue with the tunnels being above ground and not connected.  I use UTX and FTX Vector, but, disable vector in Europe and North America.  I solved my issue after I found two files in UtEurAirports scenery folder under the main fsx folder / scenery/ and moved them out of that  /scenery folder (or you could rename them to ".off.  After that, all seems well except it seems as if the tunnel ground area is winter when the regular ground is fall.  But, elevations of the tunnels, etc all appear normal.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem which some of you guys mentioned: The entrance to the tunnel north of the new pier, including the blast fences, is hovering in the air. BUT: I don't even have FTX Vector or FTX Norway, I only have FTX Global Base and no other add-on in the Oslo area.

See how it looks in my FSX:

The Oslo V.2 Mega Airport scenery has top priority (number 1) in my scenery library, while the FTX Global Base files are way, way, down below, right above the standard scenery files provided by FSX itself. I use FSX SP2 on a Windows 8.1 64-bit system and the only other add-on which might interfere with the Oslo scenery (apart from FTX Global Base) might be GSX. As I said, besides those two, no other add-on is active in the Oslo region in my FSX.

I also un-installed the Oslo scenery and re-installed it, I even re-installed it with the "FTX Norway in use option", but everything I tried didn't make any difference for that hovering tunnel entrance.

I bought the Oslo V2 scenery only a few days ago, and I'm therefore using version 1.06.

Does anyone (especially from Aerosoft) know why I have that problem even though I do not have FTX Vector or FTX Norway? Help would be very much appreciated, since this bug sadly takes away a lot of fun away while using this actually excellent scenery.

I should add that there are one or even two other add-ons I'm using in the Oslo area: World of AI and AES (I haven't activated any AES credits for Oslo Airport, though - so one might consider this one rather "inactive"). But I get a feeling that those two probably aren't responsible for hovering scenery objects anyway, or are they?

Vor 1 Stunde, Jonas Scholz sagte:

Could you activate those mentioned and check if gets better then?

Jonas

You mean, activate my AES credits? Sorry, I can't do that. I have used up all my AES credits for other airports and I actually didn't intend to buy another credits package, at least for the time being. And I guess that you Aerosoft guys wouldn't sponsor me a package (or at least 2 credits, which are needed for activating AES at Oslo Airport) either. ;) But as I said, even if I'm only a layman, I would deem it rather improbable that the use or non-use of AES creates this problem, especially since both AES and non-AES users previously reported comparable problems in this thread.

I rather suspect that it could have something to do with FTX Global Base, since (I believe) all users who reported such problems had in common that they all use that add-on.

On 5.11.2015, 09:11:55, Jonas Scholz sagte:

Could you activate those mentioned and check if gets better then?

Jonas

Do you have the time to take a deeper look into the problem and maybe try whether the problem could be connected to FTX Global Base? I'm asking because I really wouldn't like to ask for a refund... The Oslo V2 scenery is really no fun to use with this massive problem right in the middle of the terminal area...

Gentlemen, I know that most of you aren't working during the weekend, but please let me remind you of the problem for the new week. I did some research and thinking in the meantime. I found out that a user here uses Oslo V2 as well but without FTX Global Base and has no problems with the scenery. Also I think it's interesting that other users seem to experience those elevation problems only since the update to version 1.06 in June. The thread starter P3R1 even reported that he never had problems with earlier versions of Oslo V2.

So I guess that you can focus on the changes made between versions 1.05 and 1.06 and whether any of those changes could create elevation problems in connection with the use of FTX Global Base. I hope this is helpful for you. ;)

And here's another screenshot of my Oslo V2 which emphasises how massive the problem is - it's even visible in map mode in FSX. That contorted grey "carpet" around the tunnel entrance looks as if it should actually be below the main apron and only the tunnel entrance and the blast fences should be visible, right? Thanks in advance, but please have a look into the problem because, as I said, I really wouldn't like to ask for a refund.

On 11/9/2015, 7:56:54, FWAviation said:

elevation problems in connection with the use of FTX Global Base

But I use FTX Global and Oslo v2 and do not see this problem.

So I am afraid the solution is not as simple as the conflict between those two.

No, this is a flatten issue between FTX Norway and Oslo V2.

Not FTX Global Vector, neither FTX Europe OpenLC as I don't have theese addons. And FTX Global Base Textures is what it is, just textures.

This is what I use among several other payware airports and in the following order:

- AS OsloV2

- FTX Norway

- UT EuropeV2  (with airport repositioning for engm off)

And I don't use any extra mesh.

To start from ENGM is ok, but to arrive at ENGM is just deep ditches and a terrible mess. 

On 11/14/2015, 1:40:28, Rudderduck said:

No, this is a flatten issue between FTX Norway and Oslo V2.

Not FTX Global Vector, neither FTX Europe OpenLC as I don't have theese addons. And FTX Global Base Textures is what it is, just textures.

This is what I use among several other payware airports and in the following order:

- AS OsloV2

- FTX Norway

- UT EuropeV2  (with airport repositioning for engm off)

And I don't use any extra mesh.

To start from ENGM is ok, but to arrive at ENGM is just deep ditches and a terrible mess. 

I and what seems like a few other people have stated that we have the problem even tho we do NOT have FTX Norway installed so it is not that causing the problem.

I see the same pattern as you, to depart is alright but to arrive makes the textures dissappear on 01L and generally the left part of the airport when looking at it from the 01 side, the right side looks alright to me.

I am using P3D V3 on windows 10.

i use Freemesh X, FTX Global, FTX Vector and the latest version of Oslo V2. And not FTX Norway.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is really a tricky problem. I did tons of flights Munich - Oslo - Trondheim and vice versa as this is kind of standard route in RL for me when doing my photo expeditions in Norway. And I NEVER had a problem with FTX Global, and FS GLobal Ultimate installed. For me the problem started when installing FTX Vector, Norway and FTX openLC EU. Unfortunately my time is occupied by other testing stuff which prevents me to do other time consuming tests. So maybe if anybody got this combination FTX Global, FS Global, FTX Vector, Norway and openLC can do some testflights and switch on/off these addons (mainly Vector, Norway and openLC).

3 hours ago, Jo Erlend said:

This should take care of the flatten issue you are experiencing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1byd03mipm3teqo/Oslo - hotfix - 17.11.215.rar?dl=0

Is this meant only for the ones experiencing the problem with the textures messing up in the terminal area as shown in the quote below or will it also fix the runway issue where the texture overlap when flying into the airport?

On 11/9/2015, 7:56:54, FWAviation said:

Gentlemen, I know that most of you aren't working during the weekend, but please let me remind you of the problem for the new week. I did some research and thinking in the meantime. I found out that a user here uses Oslo V2 as well but without FTX Global Base and has no problems with the scenery. Also I think it's interesting that other users seem to experience those elevation problems only since the update to version 1.06 in June. The thread starter P3R1 even reported that he never had problems with earlier versions of Oslo V2.

So I guess that you can focus on the changes made between versions 1.05 and 1.06 and whether any of those changes could create elevation problems in connection with the use of FTX Global Base. I hope this is helpful for you. ;)

And here's another screenshot of my Oslo V2 which emphasises how massive the problem is - it's even visible in map mode in FSX. That contorted grey "carpet" around the tunnel entrance looks as if it should actually be below the main apron and only the tunnel entrance and the blast fences should be visible, right? Thanks in advance, but please have a look into the problem because, as I said, I really wouldn't like to ask for a refund.

Emanuel Hagen of the Aerosoft support team helped me with my problem (hovering tunnel entrance and blast fences north of the new pier) as well! He advised me to set my mesh resolution to 5 metres or higher. I was a bit confused what he meant with "or higher" - a higher resolution or a higher number of metres. Until then, I had a mesh resolution of 19 metres - which clearly didn't work. But after his advice, I set the resolution to 5 metres and that fixed the problem for me. The tunnel entrance and the blast fences are now right on the ground, where they belong. ;)

So I won't try the hotfix by Jo Erlend, even if I'm thankful that he did it for us. But if any of you guys who had/have the same problem and don't get any further with the hotfix, please check your mesh resolution. I haven't tried any other resolution than 5 metres, maybe also a lower number of metres works, but you should try what works best for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to bring back a topic from a while ago but I am experiening the same problem with elevation mainly around the road tunnel in the middle of the airport, same as the screenshot posted above by FWAviation. I have tried applying the fix provided as well as tweaking around with a bunch of options but this has came to no avail. I am wandering whether it may be something to do with the fact I am running FSX:SE? Any help would be greatly appreciated because I have ran out of options. Thanks!

Archived