Mega Airport Duesseldorf FSX and VAS

ametlib

Hi!

I bought this addon about a week ago. It's very good looking airport but there is a VAS problem during approach an taxiing to a gate. Ding-ding warning start as I reached an approch point and airport flickering a few times. I made a few flights between EFHK - EDDL and every times the same problem but if I fly EDDL - EFHK there is no any problem and no problem Anchorage, Fairbanks, Antalaya, LOWI X, Faro X, Kos X, Mallorca X, Monstair X or Helsinki either and no problem any other developers scenery.

I unticked all extras via EDDLTraffic Manager and I unticked all scenery that are out side Europe from Addon Scenery list (inside FSX) but using ORBX Global Base, Vector and LC Europe.

Any idea about how to solve this problem?

Windows 7 64 bit

FSX Gold Edition

Flights made by PMDG NGX 737-800 WL

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Rolf,

the VAS problem is not only caused by this specific addon, but as a combination of the used addons with your settings in FSX. The more complex addons are used with high settings in FSX, the more likely it is to see a OOM. The only solution is to reduce the settings in FSX, like scenery complexity and autogen density.

Hi Otto and thank You!

May I ask You why this happened only EDDL then if an other airports works like charm? I have only European area active in my FSX world. I checked yestarday as I made a flight between EFHK - LTBA what VAS was after taxiing to agate and it was 2 976 144 -> PMDG NGX, AS Next and UT Traffic 2 - flight time about 3 h 30 min and everythings went nice & smooth so I can't belive that the problems is my side...

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

The problem is that FSX loads more and more stuff during flight. E.g. it loads even areas (like photoreal scenery) you are not using in your current flight. The fact that it ddin't happen when flying from EDDL to EFHK might be because e.g. of the weather loaded during yxour flight and the traffic generated ( or not generated) by UT2.

In general: when it happen approching an airport, it simply means that there is not enough memory left, to load the airport and the surrounding area (scenery/autogen, traffic, weather/clouds etc.)

If you got FSUIPC and run FSX in windowed mode, you can monitor during flight how/when/where VAS starts to drop.

Yes - I understand about how FSX handle a scenery load and that's why I unticked all others area and left only European active. But ok - I'll check next time in windowed mode and report back - mayby today or tomorrow...

EDDL is nice scenery and I would like to keep it on active. I can land and taxiing to a gate but those ding-ding make me angry - a little bit.

Thank You!

Rolf

Biggest reason I have found for OOM: duplicate afcad files. Make sure you have the latest version of Vector, Global, and you run the auto config tool for AEC that removes all the additional afcad files if you have scenery with their own afcad files. Then download the latest Orbx library file and run that installer then FTX Central to select what you want and apply.

Biggest reason I have found for OOM: duplicate afcad files. Make sure you have the latest version of Vector, Global, and you run the auto config tool for AEC that removes all the additional afcad files if you have scenery with their own afcad files. Then download the latest Orbx library file and run that installer then FTX Central to select what you want and apply.

What is AEC?

Dom

gear up and off - I'm done those things - it's a basic job but thank You.

My latest test flight is done and here is a result:

Fligtplan: EFHK SID DOBAN P739 KOLJA M864 UNGAV UM864 BUMIL DENOL T851 XAMOD STARR EDDL

Flight level FL340

PMDG NGX 737-800WL

ASNext SP2

UT Traffic 2 -> Traffic Airliner 50%

VAS using FSUIPC:

EFHK 1 440 560

KOLJA 1 492 334

BUMIL 1 252 426

T/D 1 198 423

DENOL 1 031 252

HMM 946 550

XAMOD 792 820