Brakesound with ver. 1.20

Boeing 707

Hi

After updating to ver 1.20 I noticed that the sound was changed on the brakesound.

It is heard even more than in ver. 1.10 with the other soundfiles.

I don't know if this brakesound is part of the new TSS sound files, but i don't think the brakesounds can be heard in the cockpit?

Or? Perhaps some Airbus guys can help here?

It is as if the brake sound clicks and clicks when you activate the brake.

Someone who has the same "issue" ?

Cheers and happy weekend :groupflip_s:

Dennis

Hate to sound ungrateful...and many thanks for this update!

But the new Brake sound is very poor...love to be able to use the old one far better...not sure if we can mix the files..

All the best Merry Xmas to all at AS

Agreed, the new brake sound is awful. I wish I could get back the old ground roll and brake sounds!

Agreed entirely, the new brake sound is awful and I want the old ground noises back please.

I actually reinstalled version 1, saved that brake sound and replaced the new version so it is much better now!

Maybe you could upload the sound here for us others? So we also can replace it?

If that is OK with Aerosoft?

I think the problem with the brake sound is that is all or nothing, which is too harsh at low speeds. I think someone else mentioned it on another post, the sound is the same if braking from 130kts on the runway as when braking at 1kt on a taxi-way. I guess it's tough and time consuming (not to mention the file sizes involved) to produce a set of sounds that reproduce the effect of different braking situations.

Are Aerosoft examining any alternative?

Thanks

Andrew

I think the problem with the brake sound is that is all or nothing, which is too harsh at low speeds. I think someone else mentioned it on another post, the sound is the same if braking from 130kts on the runway as when braking at 1kt on a taxi-way. I guess it's tough and time consuming (not to mention the file sizes involved) to produce a set of sounds that reproduce the effect of different braking situations.

Are Aerosoft examining any alternative?

Thanks

Andrew

But should not the brake sound be "rumble" than "eek", or what you can call it? ;)

I'm not sure what you mean? If you are saying that the brake sounds more like a squeak than a rumble, yes, I tend to agree. But that's just my own opinion and I know that others like it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just for all of you to know: you do not hear brake sounds in the real aircraft.

There are brake sounds in the sim as an audio feedback that you are braking.

Thanks Frank, no brake sound from cockpit. To confirm No PTU sound from cockpit, I'm guessing that the APU sound is not noticed in the cockpit either? Any more sounds that we do not hear in the cockpit that are modeled but are not really there? I am contemplating removing some sounds.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Correct, no PTU sound in the cockpit. The APU can be heard with Door 1L or Door 1R open, even when there is a jetty or catering truck at the door. The sound is not overwhelming but can be heard.

By the way, you can use the CoughDrops fix to mute the brake sound. That's what I did, so no more funny brake sound.

To do that:

1. Find the brake sound file at : C:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Sound_ASC\ASC_Brakes.wav

2. Rename the ASC_Brakes.wav to ASC_Brakes.old

3. Download CoughDrops file from Aerosoft web Updates folder and rename it (ASC_FD_Cough.wav) to ASC_Brakes.wav

4. Copy ASC_Brakes.wav back to your sim folder C:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Sound_ASC

5. Test it !

PS: Your FSX folder could be diiferent than C:\FSX..... so put your own path and name

Happy flying !

Mike

I am glad to help !

You could also use the file MUTE.WAV instead of downloading the ASC_FD_Cough.wav

The file MUTE.WAV is already located in your Aerosoft folder. example :F:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Sound_IAE or Sound_CFM folder

Mike

Archived