New A320 MCDU

JBrierley

Hello,

Just completed 1 or 2 sectors but on the start of the second sector, my MCDU starts on the NAV Data page and when I click on 'Init' or any command for that matter, it just refuses to switch to the page. Any button I press and it refuses to switch meaning I had to keep resetting the aircraft which is highly frustrating. Another issue i've found is when i'm going through the 'Perf' page, when i've set the t/o perf that all goes in fine however when I go to the CLB page, there is a significant amount of numbers over the section which when you enter your climb speed. I'l provide pictures when i've landed as i'm currently mid-flight!

If you know any suggestions or know where this topic can be sent, please let me know!

Thanks,

James.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Without screenshot, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Check your setup of your FSX/PC, make sure that it mets the system requirments and that you installed everything as Administrator.

Right picture time.

Here we have my aircraft just shut down at the gate, GPU connected, engines shut down just purely running on the GPU - then I head to the MCDU which greets me with this page:

F3yXBVn.jpg

Which is right and should do it as normal. However, when I then click on the Init page it turns like this:

fYLTK2E.jpg

Which is all well but as I click it, I was lucky to get a photo, it just reverts back to the first picture as for the same as every button I press. The only option available is to reload the aircraft.

Once the aircraft has reloaded the systems start to work again as normal, the MCDU is back etc. As to my point about the numbers in the CLB page of the PERF section, this is what i'm greeted with:

dGcvUUi.jpg

Now as you can clearly identify in the 'presel' selection, there are some strange numbers which don't stop me inputting data but the numbers discontinue what i've put in and totally changes it, e.g

i8ldKyZ.jpg

So there are my problems, I don't know if i've done something wrong or maybe a small bug but any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't wait to long loads of sectors in this girl.

Thanks,

James.

• Deputy Sheriffs

James, as this has never been reported before, I'm sure their is a problem with your setup. So please give us the following information:

- PC environment

- which OS

- which FSX version

- which VC++ versions installed

- any tweaks in the fsx.cfg

- any special keyboard assignments

Hi there,

This is Aerosoft Zurich 2012

Windows 7 64bit

FSX Gold Edition

The latest VC versions

Could you define which tweaks in the config?

The only keyboard assignments I use are for EZDok but that's CTRL+SHFT-F1-F8

James

Hello captains,

im not James, but i have exectly the same problem whith MCDU a319/318. On the ground (in phase of preflight preparation) im not able set preselect "flaps up speed" on the clb page in the MCDU. Therefore im preselecting flaps up speed only in speed window on the FCU. If In the speed window displayd manualy preselected speed, the same value is automaticly transfer to presel line on the clb page of the MCDU (strange). Conclusion - im able preselect speed only in speed window on the FCU, but im not able preselect speed on the clb page in the MCDU. When i want preselect flaps up speed on the clb page of the MCDU - on the ground, MCDU inform me "not allowed". Is it correct.

Ondrej LKMT

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello captains,

im not James, but i have exectly the same problem whith MCDU a319/318. On the ground (in phase of preflight preparation) im not able set preselect "flaps up speed" on the clb page in the MCDU. Therefore im preselecting flaps up speed only in speed window on the FCU. If In the speed window displayd manualy preselected speed, the same value is automaticly transfer to presel line on the clb page of the MCDU (strange). Conclusion - im able preselect speed only in speed window on the FCU, but im not able preselect speed on the clb page in the MCDU. When i want preselect flaps up speed on the clb page of the MCDU - on the ground, MCDU inform me "not allowed". Is it correct.

Ondrej LKMT

Please do not hijack others topics with another issue. Open your own topic.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yeah, when I park on stand and everything shut down and I try to re-program for the next sector, this is the problem I have

James

Ok, so when you start a flight from e.g. cold&dark everything is OK?

We are alreday investigating this issue.

Ok, so when you start a flight from e.g. cold&dark everything is OK?

We are alreday investigating this issue.

Yep I either load it from cold and dark or from the default state with the engines shut down. It's fine on the first sector it's just when it comes to doing the turnaround it just doesn't want to play!

Thanks for replying. :)

James

mopperle,

If there is a way I could perhaps Skype you/teamviewer or something of the sort to demonstrate what I mean as I can't explain it aswell as when you actually see it if you know what I mean.

Let me know, il be flying her this evening so I could show you then.

James

Not necessary, it could meanwhile recreate it. it has been handed over to the devs, but will take a while to besolved.

Ok thanks, il try reinstalling the bus to see if it improves. It's such a strange problem I mean, I've never had this with the A318/19 that's why it's strange!

James

Archived