Spoiler arming since HF1.02

bpcw001

Hi,

I wonder if somebody else has experienced that since HF 1.02, when using button assignments for FS controls "Speedbrake arm on" and "Speedbrake arm off" through FSUIPC, this does not work any more. Only the "Speedbrake toggle" assignment works.

Not a big thing, but I loved to be able to set a defined state for the spoilers arm state rather than just have a toggle.

Something wrong with my setup or is it not (no longer) supported?

Thanks

As a side note, I've also noticed this problem and it affects FS2CREW. The spoiler doesn't arm anymore during the after start procedure and also when the gear comes down for landing. Of course this isn't the end of the world as i can arm it myself using shift+/ but it would be nice if it worked like before HF 1.02. It works fine on the A320/A321 aswell so not an issue FS2Crew.

Regards,

Ed

As a side note, I've also noticed this problem and it affects FS2CREW. The spoiler doesn't arm anymore during the after start procedure and also when the gear comes down for landing. Of course this isn't the end of the world as i can arm it myself using shift+/ but it would be nice if it worked like before HF 1.02. It works fine on the A320/A321 aswell so not an issue FS2Crew.

Regards,

Ed

FS2Crew has been notified of the spoiler changes.

But if the standard key commands work why not assign the hardware to that?

Because the standard keyboard command provides a toggle only.

The key code commands would allow for separate button assignments for a dedicated "arm" and "disarm".

Like I said. No biggie. Still, it was nice when it worked the old way.

"But if the standard key commands work why not assign the hardware to that?"

This will work a temporary workaround but it requires the focus to be with the FSX window. The FSX command codes that have been broken in 1.02 allowed them to be assigned to a joystick/throttle button using FSUIPC or LINDA which would work whether or not FSX had the focus. Can we not just revert back to what worked previously?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This will work a temporary workaround but it requires the focus to be with the FSX window. The FSX command codes that have been broken in 1.02 allowed them to be assigned to a joystick/throttle button using FSUIPC or LINDA which would work whether or not FSX had the focus. Can we not just revert back to what worked previously?

Yes, please, I fully agree! Why just change something in a Hotfix that had not posed any problems so far and now screws up many installations? That's hard to understand.

Oskar

Problem partially fixed in hotfix 1.02c. FSX function Spoiler Arm TOGGLE (65853) now working again but Spoiler ARM OFF (66067) and ARM ON (66066) are still broken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greetings

Not to belabour the point...but do you plan to fix the broken arm/disarm so that we can properly program our controllers? If not, perhaps you could let us know so that we can remove any references to arming and disarming the spoilers; and just live with the toggle function.

Thanks,

Graham

Archived