Preview : The Fighting Falcon

• Aerosoft
will we be able to acctually buy an A10 or do you need a FS2004 package to play with the A10 in FSX????

No, for current FS2004 users there will be a half price update, but a full new version will be available as well. After all, these are not updates but real new builds.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang Tim and Mathijs, I need to get the FSX stuff running here :!:

That 3D ADI looks amazing :) I wonder, are the bump-maps on the side console walls towards the floor now?

Does anyone know if there doing the USAF Thunderbird paint job with this addon? Also, unlike most of the F-16s out there you cant do a knife edge pass without sinking...Hope the creators can do something about the sinking problem..The aerialfounfry F-18 blue angel does not have that problem.. Just want to be able to do certain manuvers and not "kill" myself.. LOL..

than gain more skill

actually its not me.. The plane itself doesnt hold altitude right.. I can do a knife edge in other all of the other aircraft F-15, F-22. F-18. But for some reason the Kirk Olson F-16 doesnt want to stay a float.. So its nothing about Skill bud.. its about Aircraft config... and its not properly set up.

• Aerosoft
tssk in real world planes cant even do a knife edge without sinking :P

Well, aerobatic aircraft with enough power can do it pretty well. As far as I know they are able to do it as long as the pilot is able to handle it (it's hard)

as far as i know (i did al lil aerodynamics ) when in a 90 degree angle with the earth your lift has to be unendlessly high and thats not possible (it only can be done if you work your foor rudders ) and that cant be done for a long period of time .

• Aerosoft
as far as i know (i did al lil aerodynamics ) when in a 90 degree angle with the earth your lift has to be unendlessly high and thats not possible (it only can be done if you work your foor rudders ) and that cant be done for a long period of time .

Sure it can. The fuselage is in an angle with the front end pointing upwards, so the fuselage and vertical tail itself will provide part of the list (note how the shape of some aerobatic aircrafts is designed with that in mind). When the aerobatic pilot is in the correct attitude he will use throttle to provide the rest of the 'lift' needed. On a Cap 21 that will be close to max power. Keep in mind that aerodynamics can be replaced by engine power. You can make a brick fly, heck you can even make a Space Shuttle fly, you just need 1,2 million pounds of thrust.

It is a highly uncomfortable and very unstable attitude for the aircraft and pilot and it needs a lot of concentration to maintain.

I was wondering if there will be open beta , or beta testing for the falcon. I would love to help out . Any new pics of this bird? well thats all for now , great work , keep it up...

Nater

Hi,

I've seen a Northrop F-5A doing a true 90º knife-edge pass all along the lenght of Sola's RWY 18-36 (2550m) and then some without loosing any "visible" height. I've also seen it being done in the mountains by the same type of aircraft and there are indeed some wild stories of KLu NF-5A pilots doing the same in between houses.

I've also seen an F-16A trying to do the same as the first mentioned F-5A and did it but at an 80-ishº angle, not a full 90º. I aked the F-5 pilot if the F-16 was able to do a full 90º knife-edge and he said it couldn't because of the FLCS limiter. This was back in 1989 and I'm not sure if they did anything to the computer to allow such manuvers but I doubt is since it has no tactical value that I know of.

An F-5 with the C/L pylon fitted, with or without a tank, has great lift on its side, that's for sure if you disengage the yaw-damper. That's what I've been told.

Just thought I'd mention it.

• Aerosoft
that situation of flying can only be done for a short period of time with indeed enough throttle en the nos pitched slightly upwards with foor rudder

At least we agree on HOW it is done as you repeat what I wrote, we only disagree on the length of time it is possible. I do not fully understand why something that is a stable attitude can not be maintained however. Does gravity increase over time as you do it?

You know what is actually the REAL problem while flying in that attitude? Most aircraft that can do it (and there are only a handful) have a tendency to creep towards the 'top' side of the aircraft because the wings provide sideways 'lift'. The pilot counters this by pushing the stick forwards, but just as an aircraft can climb while being totally level, it is very hard to avoid that movement. MUCH harder then keeping the nose up. If you see the maneuver from behind (or from the front) you see the aircraft is crabbing a great deal and that is why you need a very good power to weight ratio. From the side (the way visitors of the airshow see) it looks much better as you see very little of the constant corrections needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo any word on the F16 yet? Im hoping it comes out soon im getting anxious... 8 ) . Also , how about the fsx updates for the Seahawk ( Jayhawk) , and A-10 ? well thats all for now .

Thanks

Nater

• Aerosoft
Soooo any word on the F16 yet? Im hoping it comes out soon im getting anxious... 8 ) . Also , how about the fsx updates for the Seahawk ( Jayhawk) , and A-10 ? well thats all for now .

Thanks

Nater

The A-10 will be the first... FS16 after that

OK OK.....good !!! So are we tlking months weeks , days.lol.........i know its anoying to get these kinfs of questions but these are some great wrk ya'll do here and im soo looking forward to pulling some G'ssssss.

Thanks buddy...

Nater

""" f16 's make me ""FAT DUMB AND HAPPY " :)

• 2 weeks later...