Preview : The Fighting Falcon

F16Viperdriver,

Yeah, I believe that is the logic! I fully agree with your approach, and I'm sure we all understand the considerations that somebody has to take into account in a project like this.

As a customer, If my voice counts, I fully agree and I would strongly recommend that developers in projects like this, it's quit important, to replicate as many different details as possible, because...devil is always behind the details, but that is where also quality of a product can be.

Thanks again for your response!

Power!

P.S: Not important, as I'm just a person, but as far the block 52 and the CFTs is concern, well to be honest my particularly interest is for the Hellenic Air Force models which you might have almost everything! Block 30 - with identification lights on right hand side, Norvegian F-16s have it in left side and not in the same location.., block 50s without identification lights but with iff antennas in front of the canopy, block 52 also without identification lights, both C and D with/without CFTs, iff antennas in front of the canopy, and always with drag chute! :D

Difficult?

Well, You may kill me now.. :)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All,

This is going to be great! When this plane comes out we need to do another multi flight like we did with the L bird. Sounds great to me.

Tim, the plane is looking great! Keep up the good work.

See ya, Rockitglider

Hey Everybody,

The F-16 will not kill your FPS.

Reason the F-16 is getting done.

1.) Favorite Plane

2.) Want to improve my work from the "L" bird, alot of issue need to be fixed.

3.) Everybody at Aerosoft just love raw power and agility.

The reason it is being done has no marketing value, it has a sentimentle value, besides I have to keep a promise... Certain people were promised for me to redo the F-16 in the manor I did the A-10 and Seahawk, with a smooth body and alot of detail. That is what I am doing.

I will give you reports on the progress, and I personally can not afford a new PC, so FPS will be important to you and me.

Thank You,

F-16 Viperdriver.

Thanks Tim for piping in - And good to see you back :!: :D

Tim;

I did not even mention the "Russer-lys" ("Russian-light"/ID light) used for night/dark part of the year intercepts. Good observation :D

Hi Rockit, good to see you :D

Best

Thanks Aerosoft.

The F-16 (series) is one of the most successful aircraft produced. Despite the age of its initial design, the F-16 (series) remains one of the most combat capable and lethal weapons systems in service today, but, best of all…it’s always been a pilot’s aircraft.

I have little interest in heavy, overly complex, multi-engine systems pushing air…give me a Falcon.

Hi Tim

great news you are doing a viper again!! :)

What I was wondering about: will you only make AM/BM's with the braking chutes?

Is there any chance for a belgian AM and/or BM? As you may now the Belgiam AM para-housing contains part of the CARAPACE system and the Belgian BM's do not have a para-housing.

I do not think this would take a lot of time (relatively that is, correct me if i'm wrong) of you against the benefit for aerosoft of having more models + bigger belgian market ...

Hi

I'm an F-16 Fighting fan, so the choice to build this fighter is absolutely fantastic!!

I’ll buy this one for sure!!!!

Is it possible to show us new screenshots of the 3d model, 2d cockpit and virtual cockpit?

Many thanks in advance and keep up the great work Mathijs :wink:

Migfulcrum

Hi Tim

great news you are doing a viper again!! :)

What I was wondering about: will you only make AM/BM's with the braking chutes?

Is there any chance for a belgian AM and/or BM? As you may now the Belgiam AM para-housing contains part of the CARAPACE system and the Belgian BM's do not have a para-housing.

I do not think this would take a lot of time (relatively that is, correct me if i'm wrong) of you against the benefit for aerosoft of having more models + bigger belgian market ...

Hmmm... that would mean 4 basic AM models, in addition to different loadouts. I personally feel, that since the KLu/RNoAF AM/BMs are so similar to the Belgian we would be better off doing a standard A tail without tha Chute/Carapace housing. That would make decent models for Danish/Portuguese and Italian paints. I realise that the Belgians also have some extra lumps near the fwd RHAW housings and a rather large fairing underneath the intake.

Personally I'd love to see the Greek versions (block 30/40) but not the Block 52 with the ugly CFTs. It they spoil the aircraft.

Shortlist models:

F-16CJ Block 50 (Big mouth and GE, bulged gear doors and AIFF to current configs)

F-16DJ Block 50 (Big mouth and GE, bulged gear doors and AIFF to current configs)

F-16C Block 30 (Small mouth and PW)

F-16D Block 30 (Small mouth and PW)

F-16AM (KLu/RNoAF standards M3, with ID light)

F-16BM (KLu/RNoAF standards M3)

F-16AM (RDAF/AMI/PAF etc with standard A-tail)

F-16BM (RDAF/AMI/PAF etc with standard A-tail)

In addition to this there are different loadouts so if this is at all possible for Aerosoft, this will be an awsome package.

Best

• Aerosoft
Hi

I'm an F-16 Fighting fan, so the choice to build this fighter is absolutely fantastic!!

I’ll buy this one for sure!!!!

Is it possible to show us new screenshots of the 3d model, 2d cockpit and virtual cockpit?

Many thanks in advance and keep up the great work Mathijs :wink:

Migfulcrum

Well be sending out more shots of the model(s), but I want to keep the VC and panels a bit behind, no need inform the competition too much. Besides, we need FSx to make good shots for that, the Fsx demo is fine for the externals, not for the systems. What HAS been decided is that well spend a lot of time on the HUD.

The Italian ones are ADF's and have an other type of "birdslicers" in front of the cockpit and in front of the nosegeardoor. Also they have a bulge on the tail (A model only)

The Portugal Air Force has one or two MLU's currently and their MLU Updated ADFs don't have the birdslicers, actually the same as the only American MLU but that one don't have the ADF Bulge on the tail.

Need more info? I'm here al week 9 to 5

The Italian ones are ADF's and have an other type of "birdslicers" in front of the cockpit and in front of the nosegeardoor. Also they have a bulge on the tail (A model only)

The Portugal Air Force has one or two MLU's currently and their MLU Updated ADFs don't have the birdslicers, actually the same as the only American MLU but that one don't have the ADF Bulge on the tail.

Need more info? I'm here al week 9 to 5

Yeah well, there are so many different configs and I am fully aware that both some PAF and the Italians are Block 15 ADF. However, I bet Tim and crew cannot make them all so I just suggested a common standard-fnned F-16A.

There are no american MLUs, that programme is called CCIP (Common Configuration Implemetation Programme) and will bring block 40/42s and 50/52s up to the same standard. Eg. Block 30s are not affacted, to my knowledge. This programme incorporateds the AIFF and the colour displays of the MLU. I'm not quite sure if the night-HUD (the huge one) on the Block 40 F-16CG will be replaced.

Shortlist models:

F-16CJ Block 50 (Big mouth and GE, bulged gear doors and AIFF to current configs)

F-16DJ Block 50 (Big mouth and GE, bulged gear doors and AIFF to current configs)

F-16C Block 30 (Small mouth and PW)

F-16D Block 30 (Small mouth and PW)

F-16AM (KLu/RNoAF standards M3, with ID light)

F-16BM (KLu/RNoAF standards M3)

F-16AM (RDAF/AMI/PAF etc with standard A-tail)

F-16BM (RDAF/AMI/PAF etc with standard A-tail)

In addition to this there are different loadouts so if this is at all possible for Aerosoft, this will be an awsome package.

Best

That looks indeed like an awesome list. Except .. I am really missing the Belgian models here...

You are right, they look a lot like the dutch ones, but still there are many differences.

IIRC we never had a "real" Belgian model in FS, this would be a great chance for all us Belgians/Belgian viper lovers...

Dag, there is an American MLU but it looks like an F-16A. The Dutch Solo Display Team used it in 2005 during their visit to the Edwards AFB Show. It's AF80-0584 http://www.f-16.net/f-16_fighting_falcon_airframe-723.html

IIRC we never had a "real" Belgian model in FS, this would be a great chance for all us Belgians/Belgian viper lovers...

I'll second that! Altough i'm Dutch i really like to fly in a "Southern" Falcon :lol:

I'll second that! Altough i'm Dutch i really like to fly in a "Southern" Falcon :lol:

:)

And also think of the many great (special) paints done by the Belgian squadrons, 31 tiger in particular ..... :)

Dag, there is an American MLU but it looks like an F-16A. The Dutch Solo Display Team used it in 2005 during their visit to the Edwards AFB Show. It's AF80-0584 http://www.f-16.net/f-16_fighting_falcon_airframe-723.html

Yep, but it's not a US program, it's one ship only......

Jeeez ...... :roll:

I didn´t want another F-16...

think, the folks of the military community slowly capture the FS X. :?:

and we see a sneeking militarism?

And why the next F-16? Have we not enough of this aircraft? Okay evaluation of the FS and new toys... but must it by the same like in FS 9?

Why not an F-18 for example? Or a good "Harrier"?

Think, it was not a great idea to bring at first for the FS X a military aircraft. Many FS-Users don´t like it to fly military aircraft in our friendly "Flusi". Military aircraft are in many ways from the standpoint of many users tolerated but not really welcommed. The "Flusi" was often a civil community. If they want to fly an F-16 in a real environment, let them fly in Falcon 4 Allied Force...

And Hey! Wat´s about the Consolidated Catalina? Is this aircraft dropped?

And why the next F-16? Have we not enough of this aircraft? Okay evaluation of the FS and new toys... but must it by the same like in FS 9?

Why not an F-18 for example? Or a good "Harrier"?

Like there are not enough Hornets either :roll:

Besides, there is s a top end one in development already

http://www.alphasim3.com/forums/index.php?topic=20.0

With Tims explaination above, I'm actually looking forward to the falcon, should be pretty sweet!

If you need assistance on F-16 details like technical references let me know then !

Have more access then during the "LAGO" Fighting Falcon.

I would love to be of any assistance agian.

Let me know when needed !

Regards