Preview : The Fighting Falcon

• Aerosoft
If you need assistance on F-16 details like technical references let me know then !

Have more access then during the "LAGO" Fighting Falcon.

I would love to be of any assistance agian.

Let me know when needed !

Regards

The moment we start a beta I'll announce it here.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosoft
Wow ... I always knew bump mapping was the single most important invention in 3D graphics ;)

Well, there is more to explore, but it sure can do a lot. Look at the rivets on the inside of the nose wheel below, from just pixels they have become structures. Note the wheel strut still needs the specular textures to be the correct oily reflective steel.

She looks great and i'm really looking forward to this one!

As a user of the"L" version, one beef that I had was the weapons loadout...6 AGM-65s is definately not a typical load for a Falcon. Olsson did a great job with modelling stores and it would be great if Aerosoft could do something similar, but I understand that modelling each varient with multiple stores may be a huge project. Many people will want a clean version (T-Birds fans), and an air-air version, a SEAD (Harm) version, a air-ground version (GBU or JDAM) and a version with tanks and empty pylons. That is 5 models each for the A and C...a big project indeed.

So, are there any plans for different mission loadouts?

• Aerosoft
She looks great and i'm really looking forward to this one!

As a user of the"L" version, one beef that I had was the weapons loadout...6 AGM-65s is definately not a typical load for a Falcon. Olsson did a great job with modelling stores and it would be great if Aerosoft could do something similar, but I understand that modelling each varient with multiple stores may be a huge project. Many people will want a clean version (T-Birds fans), and an air-air version, a SEAD (Harm) version, a air-ground version (GBU or JDAM) and a version with tanks and empty pylons. That is 5 models each for the A and C...a big project indeed.

So, are there any plans for different mission loadouts?

Well sure be looking at this later and will ask for opinions. This weekend we'll experiment with droppable loads.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Matthijs,

This sounds like a very interesting project! I would have three questions:

1: Will there be a realistic flight path marker (velocity vector) in the head-Up Display, with an angle-of-attack bracket for landings? This is a major difference between modern aircraft like the F-16 and older jets.

2: How realistic will the flight model be? I have never flown real F-16’s but I flew a number of professional F-16 simulators. It was always quite difficult to make smooth landings, without even the slightest bounce. Will control gain be halv3ed in refuelling mode?

3: Will there be realistic HUD symbology for the cannon and Sidewinders in dogfight mode?

Stickshaker

• Aerosoft
Hello Matthijs,

This sounds like a very interesting project! I would have three questions:

1: Will there be a realistic flight path marker (velocity vector) in the head-Up Display, with an angle-of-attack bracket for landings? This is a major difference between modern aircraft like the F-16 and older jets.

2: How realistic will the flight model be? I have never flown real F-16’s but I flew a number of professional F-16 simulators. It was always quite difficult to make smooth landings, without even the slightest bounce. Will control gain be halv3ed in refuelling mode?

3: Will there be realistic HUD symbology for the cannon and Sidewinders in dogfight mode?

Stickshaker

1. yes, that is pretty easy to do.

2. well probably not do a refueling mode so that will not be an issue. The flight model is always a major issue. The one we got behaves pretty well, until you get close to the edge of the flight envelope, we do nto think FSx will be capable of handling the modem there as it is fully based on manual flight and not the inherently unstable digital flight model. As always we will put most effort in getting it it be flyable, raher then realistic. If we would have to depend on people who had the full 16 months training course to get into a F-16 pit we would not make a lot of money. Btw, a small bounce on landing is very normal, the very high angle of attack with the trust vector angled down makes the plane bouncy. I flown the thing in duo a few times and spend over 40 hours on 'real' sims and I learned not to care. As long as you touch down with the right AOA, it should not be a major issue.

3. that depends on how far we extend the weapons capability. We can make the hud do anything, but FS does not know about heat signatures, so any sidewinder action will be limited and simulated. The radar can be fully simulated, but I doubt that that is a good idea as the different radar modes are really very very complex, If you are really into that stuff, you should be flying Falcon4, not FSx.

As always, we need to balance usability against realism. Sellability against complexibility (*is that a word?). We are not going to say the sim is 99% realistic like many others do. That's utter nonsense. If it would be 99% real there would be hardly anybody who could use it and it would be no fun. The team working on this model build the best military model for FS2002 (FsFalcon) and for Fs2004 (A10 warthog) if you look at prices and awards. So I expect a lot.

• Aerosoft
Any other screenshots available? Any release date in mind Mathijs?

Keep up the great work, can’t wait to take that beast in the air ;)

Greets

Well, release is scheduled for this year, but that depends a lot on MS. Right now we are still missing some information and compilers from MS to compile a full FSX model. Waiting for that we moved attention to some other stuff, but I'll get some more shots this week.

• 5 weeks later...

i was just wondering when some more pics of this bird will be released. I think you all are doing a great job and looks great. Will there be a targeting sytem ? Anyways, thanks alot and hope for a speedy release. :)

nater

• Aerosoft
i was just wondering when some more pics of this bird will be released. I think you all are doing a great job and looks great. Will there be a targeting sytem ? Anyways, thanks alot and hope for a speedy release. :)

nater

We are still waiting for MS to release something so we can continue. Exact systems are not yet defined.

Ok, thanks for answering my question. Perhaps some new pics ? lol, dont mean to bug.......anyways i was looking for the SDK KITs to learn how to build my own aircraft / missions etc...... did microsoft release any of these? anyways, keep up the good wrk all your products are looking great!!

with regards,

Nater

How could one go about beta testing. Im on hear alot checking out the forums and reading all the news info and would love to participate in a beta test. Well anyways, good luck with your projects....i wish i were able to do bright things such as building aircraft and such.... :)

P.S.

Microsoft is slow..lol....i hear this everywhere that addon companys are waiting for things...

thanks,

Nater

Nice speaking to you again Matthijs during the FSweekend.

On my way back, I was thinking about more (possible) details for the F-16 to bring up.

Where can I send them to ? Someone an email adress ?

I can't send PM's on this board.

• 3 weeks later...

Very quiet around here. LOL, well totally understand.

1 question. Could it be that production has slowed down , not only for lack of proper compilers but the fact ppl are having one of the toughest times trying to get a descent amount of frames to move more than say.........3ft per sec LOL :) FSX has no remorse. I have a very hard time , and i have found that running FSX on a windows vista OS makes for a very smooth flight. I have the beta and makes a big diff on frame's with all the proper tweaks. I have to use every single tweat available to me in order to get some fun out f it.

Back on topic. I would love to see some in cockpit screenies ........anxious to see how detailed the gauges are!! Wil they be in XML or will the be a variety. Wel thanks always for listening,

Keep you wings level,

Nater