Heathrow Xtended - VAS usage and FPS comparison

Ray Proudfoot

I thought it might be helpful to prospective buyers to give some VAS usage and FPS figures for the old Heathrow, default Heathrow and the new Xtended version.

My system specs are:- i7 4770k o/clocked to 4.4, GTX780 3Gb card, 8Gb RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 1920x1080 single display.

I use a saved situation with the aircraft located 500ft up just west of T5 looking east with the whole of the airport visible. It's the 737-800 but with no panel visible as I use Project Magenta.

V1 Heathrow

FPS 14.5 - 15.4

Free VAS 2235 - 2177

Default Heathrow

FPS 20 - 23

Free VAS 2298

Heathrow Xtended

FPS 14.4 - 14.6

Free VAS 1870 - 1808

No settings were changed for these tests. The new version uses around 370Mb more than the original and nearly 500Mb more than the default. The original Heathrow was very efficient in VAS usage if not as 'pretty' as the new version.

Hope that helps.

Hi Clement,

Woops! Silly me. I had Fiber Accelerator running which was limiting the fps. :embaressed_s:

I've now switched it off and fps for the Xtended version has climbed to 29. Comparisons with other setups are difficult because of the many settings. My Ai traffic is 36% with MTX.

Apologies for any confusion but at least the VAS figure is unaffected.

• Deputy Sheriffs

EGLL uses exactly around 500 MB VAS and that's not so much compared to the dimension of the airport with some hundred parking slots lot of detailed buildings and surroundings.

My system specs are:- i7 4770k o/clocked to 3.9, GTX680 4Gb card, 16Gb RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, 1920x1080 single display.

I used thesame situation with the aircraft located 500ft up just west of T5 looking east with the whole of the airport visible. It's the 777ERX.

V1 Heathrow

FPS 28

Free VAS 671

Heathrow Xtended

FPS 23

Free VAS 633

Sitting at gate 303 in the Bonanza in P3DV2.3 i am at 30 fps in VC. Moving around the airport is about 40 fps and very very smooth.

In the PMDG 777 in FSX at gate 539 i am at 29-32 fps and smooth as butter

Great scenery allthough memory is close to 4GB on normal settings. UTII at 30% in FSX. No ai other than roads at 5% in P3DV2

Michael

Hey,

I did a flight today too and must say it's quite nice and well done. In the AXE with my normal settings I use everyday I get stable 30fps. Same settings with UK2000 V3 gave me 15fps. On a flight LOWW-EGLL I did not experience problems with VAS or something else.

Only thing what is a bit strange is that I have sometimes small freezes of a few seconds (maybe 1-2s). Espacially during landing not the best thing. Also sometimes terminal/car textures are not loading that fast.

System:

Windows 7

i5 4670k with 4,20Ghz

8GB RAM

Geforce GTX 770

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

no hangs here on my 17 2600k but i am getting a vas usage of 1.8 ish and frame rates of 23-35 (restricted to 35) which is about 15% better than the older competition

As Heathrow never uses 1.8 GB VAS for itself, I assume that you mean a total usage of 1.8GB VAS and thats absolutely OK.

Archived