Cheyenne beware!!!

marick626

btw keith, u dont have to mention your ppl and ratings in every thread u r posting in...

we already know that u r a fantastic pilot and should be the only one to run FS, because u r the only one who really knows how to fly with it.

btw keith, u dont have to mention your ppl and ratings in every thread u r posting in...

we already know that u r a fantastic pilot and should be the only one to run FS, because u r the only one who really knows how to fly with it.

Your arguments are wrong and your attitude is rude. Sorry for the little you can ever achieve with that kind of a level.

Jason

dont u think that u r a bit too high and mighty with that post?
No, I am just being honest. There is a big differnece between the two.

just because u hold a ppl with various ratings doesnt mean u have more brains, it just means u have more money. :wink:

No, I never said i had more brains than anyone else... please show me where you think I said that? It means I spent a sh** load of time behind a real yoke it what it means, and all the money in the world will not buy you the "skill" you need to pass your checkride. :wink:

and btw did u know that airliner pilots use simulators to train their flying skills?? :twisted:
Yes, I trained in one myself for 10 hours, but it was a full motion simulator that cost about $1.5 million, same as the ones the airline pilots train in like you stated above and not a desktop PC.

I was not trying to be a ass but just responding to a post. And if I remember correctly, that original post sounded very "high and mighty" as well??? Remember the "forget the noobs... give us real planes" statement? If people can't take it, then why do they dish it out? :D

My statements are meant all in fun and if you take it any other way then that is your problem not mine. 8)

I never said that either. I love how people can try to put words in someones mouth. Remember, I never started this topic I just responded. I guess if I take up for the "noobs" that makes me the bad guy? Well, I just say it like I see it and I hate to see beginners being picked on. Just because someone is a newbee to flight sim it does not mean that they are worth less. We were ALL newbees at one point and we need to remember that. I do, but for trying to take up for the new guys I get slammed. Whatever Burt. If it makes you happy to slam me they be my guest.

i didnt want to slam your person, if u know what i mean.

from ur posts i just got the feeling that u think u r better than the flightsimpilots who have no pilot licence in real life (like me).

so it seemed to me that u think u have more brains than the 'noobs'.

and concerning the flightsimulators, an austrian airline trains their pilots with the MJS dash 8 prof. in fs.

i dunno to what degree, but it shows that fs is really close to reality, at least the aircrafts system simulation.

i didnt want to slam your person, if u know what i mean.

from ur posts i just got the feeling that u think u r better than the flightsimpilots who have no pilot licence in real life (like me).

so it seemed to me that u think u have more brains than the 'noobs'.

and concerning the flightsimulators, an austrian airline trains their pilots with the MJS dash 8 prof. in fs.

i dunno to what degree, but it shows that fs is really close to reality, at least the aircrafts system simulation.

Bert,

I think you may have confused my statements. I was taking the side of the so called "noobs." Like I said in my last post, we were all new to this at some point and we need to be underatanding to those that need our help. I was repsponding to someone (don't even know who now) that said that they didn't care about the noobs and to get rid of them. That's a very mean spirited statement dont you think?

For the record, I don't think I am a better pilot (sim or real-world) than anyone else. I try to be the best I can be and allow others to do the same. I just dont like to see others get called names like "noob" and be made fun of by a group of simmers that think that they are the high-and-mighty ones. There is only one high-and mighty-one, and it is not me. :wink:

Guys, this line of messages goes back to the Cheyenne right now or it gets closed.

Sorry Mathijs,

I just was responding to statements that were degrading a group of people because of their lack of flying skills in FS. I don't believe in picking on anyone, however when people get picked on that can't or wont take up for themselves I sometimes tend to jump in there and speak my mind. I make no apologies for that, just for getting off track and breaking your forum rules.

It might be a good idea to close this thread though because I can tell that someone will "open the can of worms" - as we say - once again. :wink:

ok, perhaps i really put wrong words in ur mouth.

im sry for that. :roll:

but i guess this dispute is based on misunderstandings on both sides, cause i think the guys who said to get rid of the noobs were also just sarcastic...

ok, perhaps i really put wrong words in ur mouth.

im sry for that. :roll:

but i guess this dispute is based on misunderstandings on both sides, cause i think the guys who said to get rid of the noobs were also just sarcastic...

Yep, misunderstandings happen all the time when you are typing. sometimes it is very hard to get a point across using a keyboard. No worries mate, its all water under the bridge now. :D

Guys, this line of messages goes back to the Cheyenne right now or it gets closed.

How 'bout we move the topic to the Dornier Do-27? How close are we to seeing that one? :wink:

• Aerosoft

How 'bout we move the topic to the Dornier Do-27? How close are we to seeing that one? :wink:

Tricky question. Digital Aviation always uses the comment, "it's done when it's done" and that is all the actual information I have as well. I do have the beta on my machine and it feels pretty near completion, but I can not look into the schedules of the people involved. These are superbly skilled devs, but for them it is not a day time job, unlike for some of our other aircraft. For these scheduling is a lot easier.

sry keith, id like to get back to the cheyenne :)

since i will most probably get the boxed version of this baby and most of the recent and great GA-aircraft around have a remarkable hit on framerates, id like to know how framerate-friendly the cheyenne is.

• Developer

Burt, frame rate comparisons are always a tricky thing. So please don't nail me on my personal experience, but I did comparision with all my lately developed planes like Bonaza and Baron. which also have a lot of avionics and detailes model/VC and with the B200.

In a summary I can say the Cheyenne is a touch better than the B200 in default configurations with all VC options on (didn't do a test without VC) and about 10% better in comparision to the Baron which surprised me as the Cheyenne has alot more systems simulated.

The only problem with the Cheyenne I can see for people with low RAM on MB and GC, that it has big textures and those take a while to load and may cause stutter.

I never said that either. I love how people can try to put words in someones mouth. Remember, I never started this topic I just responded. I guess if I take up for the "noobs" that makes me the bad guy? Well, I just say it like I see it and I hate to see beginners being picked on. Just because someone is a newbee to flight sim it does not mean that they are worth less. We were ALL newbees at one point and we need to remember that. I do, but for trying to take up for the new guys I get slammed. Whatever Burt. If it makes you happy to slam me they be my guest.

lol, you guys really know how to take a comment and blow it out of proportions.

what I said was a joke. I never expected people to take it personaly.

Burt, frame rate comparisons are always a tricky thing. So please don't nail me on my personal experience, but I did comparision with all my lately developed planes like Bonaza and Baron. which also have a lot of avionics and detailes model/VC and with the B200.

In a summary I can say the Cheyenne is a touch better than the B200 in default configurations with all VC options on (didn't do a test without VC) and about 10% better in comparision to the Baron which surprised me as the Cheyenne has alot more systems simulated.

The only problem with the Cheyenne I can see for people with low RAM on MB and GC, that it has big textures and those take a while to load and may cause stutter.

I can agree, those are very close to my findings also, which is a very pleasant surprise given how detailed the model is. I haven't had a chance to look at the textures, but resizing them will probably give you a little more performance. She is a great aircraft.