Mega Airport Amsterdam, help getting better fps

chkl

I am trying to get better fps and stop the oom errors on approach. What files can I remove to help performance? I see a lot of grass bgl files. Can I remove them all? Are they volumetric grass files? I do not need that. Anything else I can remove to help? Maybe convert some textures to lower resolutions?

I have already used the traffic tool to disable all moving ground traffic but fps does not go any higher. Thank you for any help

-David

Due to the big size of Amsterdam bad frames have to be expected and are unavoidable.

Can you show us some screenshots of your FS settings? Maybe we can find something to be improved in there.

After reading about all these fps issues with EHAM, I was quite surprised to find out that fps for me were not as bad as what I'd expected.

For better frame rates, I'd suggest:

- make sure you're on the latest version (v1.04; check the Aerosoft updates database, for example)

- reduce AI traffic to no more than 15 - 25%

- set autogen to 'normal'

- and what ever can be optimized in your fsx.cfg/graphics settings! :D

I know all those tricks, but would like more help. For example all the grass bgl files, can I remove some of them for better performance? And does the scenery include other buildings around the city that I can remove?

Archived