DDRMI VOR2 - v 1.16 +HF19

Mladen

Hi!

After installing v 1.16 and HF19 I did two test flights, but DDRMI VOR2 needle is still not working.

- When VOR2 frequency is tuned and received:

DDRMI_2.jpg

- When VOR2 frequency is tuned but not received:

DDRMI_3.jpg

Mladen

Hi!

After installing v 1.16 and HF19 I did two test flights, but DDRMI VOR2 needle is still not working.

- When VOR2 frequency is tuned and received:

- When VOR2 frequency is tuned but not received:

It is working in both cases, though not very correct.

First one is 180 deg inverted plus a small magnetic error. Solved and will be in hotfix.

Second, correct behaviour. The DDMRI needle don't "disappear" just because there's no signal.

It is working in both cases, though not very correct.

First one is 180 deg inverted plus a small magnetic error. Solved and will be in hotfix.

Second, correct behaviour. The DDMRI needle don't "disappear" just because there's no signal.

For the first case your answer is not true as the VOR2 needle is all the time in horizontal position and not 180 deg inverted.

DDRMI_4.jpg

Anyway, if it is solved, good to hear.

For the second case, it was just to show that the needle moves to 0 deg when VOR signal is lost.

Thank you,

Mladen

Joshua, does it just "freeze" like in the screenshot (arbitrary position)

For the second case, it was just to show that the needle moves to 0 deg when VOR signal is lost.

Honestly, I do not know which is the case and do not really care whether it should "stick" to the last bearing or stay in 0.

I will still check with my pilots, but even if this is wrong, it will be extremely low priority.

(...)

I will still check with my pilots, but even if this is wrong, it will be extremely low priority.

If it's "parked" that would be another clue for the pilots that the station dialled cannot be received anymore. A "sticky" needle would be rather misleading.

(And you're going to bring on a radio hotfix anyway. ;))

AFAIK (and still remember form the old days) the RMI needles in the ND are withdrawn if no valid signal is received and the DDRMI needles are parked in 3 o'clock position. You might also want to check whether the DDRMI needles should always show the same as the ND RMI needles i.e. if if a NDB is tuned and the relevant switch on the DCP is properly positioned it should also show the ADF bearing and NOT maintain the VOR indication.

Furthermore I can confirm that the DDRMI needle #2 is still u/s!!

Oskar

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue, the VOR pointer of the DDRMI is stucked in a 90° position. I´d done the same steps, remove everything, installed the 1.16V and then the HF 19..

Archived