Mega Airport Amsterdam FSX - messed up

Stankelben

What is it with this addon..?!

Every time I reach approach with heavy aircraft to this airport I'll get a visual approach by default from ATC?!!

And when taxi I crash into water!

Who is responsible for updating this payware?!

My version is 1.04 and still a complete mess!

Okay I just learned that there actually is an 1.15 update. Hope my issues with this version now have been solved.

However when running the latest version of Aerosoft Launcher it says that my Amsterdam 1.04 version is up to date!

Why is that? Can't one really rely on Aerosoft Launcher for that kind of information, or what?

You can always request an ILS approach from ATC. There is nothing wrong with an visual approach, unless the weather conditions do not permit one of cause.

FSX default ATC is always a problem. We recommend that you use any ATC addon or simply fly online to get better and more realistic ATC.

There is a taxyway in Amsterdam which goes over a small river. This is just like in reality. If your FSX is set up according to the product manual of Amsterdam this will not cause a crash though.

Why is that? Can't one really rely on Aerosoft Launcher for that kind of information, or what?

Aerosoft Launcher works well with some add-ons, especially those were the launcher is included in the download, providing quick access to settings and manuals of that specific scenery, aircraft or tool. For other sceneries just basic information is displayed and for some it does not recognize the product, usually older add-ons. For Zürich for example, the launcher is required for scenery activation. Make sure you also for choose extras >"categorize unknown products" - The latest version is 1.2.0.0. Please click here to download the newest version. The launcher is optional for most sceneries.

In regards to Amsterdam, I think it says this in the manual? or somewhere on this forum (search for Amsterdam on this forum for some threads on the issue with the water), that the airport was built on a surface where there is a lot of water around and it can be that an AI boat can be found on a taxi way. You can either turn of the AI traffic or just taxi around the boat :D. I did not find any issues though when landing/taxing. Maybe the update has already solved your issue, please try to pass that area gain.

I once drove a follow-me car vehicle around the airport and there is one taxiway that goes into the river, if you go too far you will drive right into the water, even though it might still look like it's a small road path... just don't be too adventurous :D - stay on the taxiways and be safe ;-)

There is a taxyway in Amsterdam which goes over a small river. This is just like in reality. If your FSX is set up according to the product manual of Amsterdam this will not cause a crash though.

Can you point out where this one is?

Yes, it is on Taxyway V going towards runway 36L.

Thanks, I can see the river - I assume it is there were my weird looking red arrow is?

It's to the right of the taxiway

I taxied down to the runway for testing, I found no issues at this spot. If you still have issues here, please try to get the exact location and post it here.

post-65047-0-72809900-1382170565_thumb.j

• Deputy Sheriffs

Okay I just learned that there actually is an 1.15 update. Hope my issues with this version now have been solved.

However when running the latest version of Aerosoft Launcher it says that my Amsterdam 1.04 version is up to date!

Don't where you "learned" this.

There is no update 1.15

Latest version for FS9 ist 1.14

Latest version for FSX is 1.04

So you can rely on the Launcher.

Don't where you "learned" this.

There is no update 1.15

Latest version for FS9 ist 1.14

Latest version for FSX is 1.04

So you can rely on the Launcher.

Maybe he meant the "Aerosoft Launcher" but there is a version 1.2.0.0 for that now! Make sure you update to that version, see above for the link.

Thanks indeed for all your response! I'm quite overwhelmed!

I guess everything is as it suppose to be then! :mellow:

- which means that I actually don't have the guts to use this airport any more! At least not with my heavies - considering all the effort of preparation, weather considerations, flight planning, fuel calculation, boarding, FMS and so on. Just can't bare the thought that if I accidently crash into some pond or river I would then have wasted all my time and effort! :wacko:

Anyway that is just my choice.

However just to make something clear, as I wrote, I already have the latest version of Aerosoft Launcher (1.2.0.0) installed.

Secondly, I got the information about a new Amsterdam version 1.15 in the Aerosoft Support-Database, where it says:

"Aerosoft - Airport Amsterdam. Version 1.15 is available" However no further information whatsoever if it is for FSX or FS9. Nothing! So perhaps Aerosoft should consider some more details here for better clearness.

Cheers, :)

- which means that I actually don't have the guts to use this airport any more! At least not with my heavies - considering all the effort of preparation, weather considerations, flight planning, fuel calculation, boarding, FMS and so on. Just can't bare the thought that if I accidently crash into some pond or river I would then have wasted all my time and effort! :wacko:

I fly to Aerosoft's EHAM now on a regular basis (often in a 737 and just yesterday I landed in a 777 there! ) It's a very interesting large airport, with lot's of features. If you already bought Amsterdam, it would be a shame not to use it. If you go taxi normal on the taxiways, you won't go into any ponds or water. The only thing you might see are some boats on the fields where they should not be and one single boat on a taxi way, so you might want to turn off the AI traffic option to avoid that. (FSX Settings > Traffic> Ship, Land Traffic) I left it on, because it does not really bother me... I like seeing the water traffic in general, it's just a bit odd at Amsterdam, because the airport has a lot of water around it, so the boats go a bit astray and over the fields.

X-Plane Update:

post-65047-0-86284300-1382393123_thumb.p

I checked the support database and see there are two airports with the name Amsterdam. One is "Airport Amsterdam" (X-Plane) and one is "Mega Airport Amsterdam" (FS) That is indeed a bit confusing, they are two different products. To see the update(s) for FS2004/FSX, you also need to click on "register your product with your product key" >> click on: "Do you want to register another product?" Enter your product key and afterwards select "Mega Airport Amsterdam" to see the update. You should see:

post-65047-0-34356300-1382392519_thumb.p

Hope this helps!

Ha, ha...really now, come on!

This forum has become completely ridiculous and childish. Out of control!

Every time you start a debate or express any little criticism whatsoever, you'll be surrounded by -1 points bullets!

No other forum use negative points as here - only "I like" or similar, never negative!

" - 7 Poor" that's me, hello chaps!...hi, hi :P

Stankelben, any comment on what I wrote? - I am trying to help you and all you comment about is the votes (which are not from me by the way) - I did not vote in this thread.

So no more question about Amsterdam I take it?

Ha, ha...really now, come on!

This forum has become completely ridiculous and childish. Out of control!

Every time you start a debate or express any little criticism whatsoever, you'll be surrounded by -1 points bullets!

No other forum use negative points as here - only "I like" or similar, never negative!

" - 7 Poor" that's me, hello chaps!...hi, hi :P

Now this one gets a -1 from me.

This post is in no way helpfull and sorry to say so, but I can't follow your argument in this one.

Show us a single case where the forum is out of control where our moderators did not react properly or where the forum is out of control.

And if you don't like what others do... why don't you use the report function?

We can see who voted posts up or down and if we think that users are abusing the vote function we can disable their voting rights.

Criticism is of cause ok and actually we like criticism because with it we can further improve our products.

The problem with with your post is simply that you only say our product is bad without mentioning any real reasons. Sorry, but no one can tell what may be wrong if you only say

"And when taxi I crash into water!

Who is responsible for updating this payware?!

My version is 1.04 and still a complete mess!"

The -1 in the first post comes from the overall tone in your post.

It simply sounds like bashing the product without giving any really usefull informations.

Okay, sunglass boy that did it. Please delete me from your member list.

PS. Thanks indeed Joachim for your profound contribution. I will try and follow your advice!

I hope you know that wearing sunglasses when flying is law in Germany...

But as you wish, your account is now deleated.

Archived