Small bug(?) on the PFD

lonewulf47

IMHO (and after more than 10 years acive flying on airbuses) the LOC indication of max. deflection is wrong. It should be the other way round. However this is something that an active pilot should be able to confirm within shortest time. I'm 99.9% sure that it should be an open bracket pointing to the left :-). According to the explanations given during the Ground Course (hmm. almost 25 years ago...) this indicates the direction of the LOC deflection. the same also applies to the GS full deflection indication.

Oskar

post-25994-0-82017300-1380199054_thumb.j

Hello Oskar,

can you show us a picture of how it should look like?

Yes, of course :-) IMHO it must look like this:

Unfortunately I'm retired for quite some time. I would prefer to have this confirmed by an active RW Airbus pilot. I can just recall it from my memory... :lol:

post-25994-0-19008500-1380203703_thumb.j

Nope, Oskars version is correct. Looking at this small problem, I noticed that it's the same error with the G/S.

The LOC and G/S become 'full' diamonds as soon as the LOC respectively G/S begins to move.

Archived