Wind component/temp/sig WX

Hi all,

first of all i would like to thank you for your tool. It's pretty cool.

Some small things i am missing. I would really appreciate if you could add them in an update:

- At the moment the wind component is only available as H045 for example. But for some FMC's (Boeing) you need the average wind as 240/56. Could you please add that as option for the OFP template?

- Could you please add the planned route to the significant weather chart like on the wind charts, i am really missing that. The best sollution would be in my opinion if you could show the significant weather on the general world map.

- a OFP template field for the average enroute temperature and average ISA DEV would be also needed.

There also seems to be a problem with the FL in the advanced route finder. Often the tools says that the airway is available on that FL range, but CFMU throws out an error for that range. I am not sure if it's a problem of PFPX or the navdata ( i use NG1309)

Looking forward to an answer

A346

Some small things i am missing. I would really appreciate if you could add them in an update:

- At the moment the wind component is only available as H045 for example. But for some FMC's (Boeing) you need the average wind as 240/56. Could you please add that as option for the OFP template?

- a OFP template field for the average enroute temperature and average ISA DEV would be also needed.

I agree with the the two above requests as well, especially the wind component one. I don't even know what H045 means. I am assuming headwind at 45kts? No way to enter that into a Boeing FMC.

In theory, these exist. In other posts, support has replied that <&WindDir>/<&WindSpeed> should give the wind format for the Boeing FMC. The OFP guide has <&ISADev> listed as ISA temperature deviation. However, at the moment, at least myself and the person who started those topics have not gotten these to work.

ESzczesniak - Not understanding, are you saying that the "overall" wind direction and speed is (or is supposed to be) calculated and shown on your flightplan after it is computed?

ESzczesniak - Not understanding, are you saying that the "overall" wind direction and speed is (or is supposed to be) calculated and shown on your flightplan after it is computed?

OFP's vary by company/airline. The included PFPX OFP template does not include overall HDG/SPD for wind, but displays it as P/M XXX (plus/minus for head/tailwind). However, the templates can be fully customized with a number of data fields to either resemble different airline OFP's, or based on personal preference (which is what I'm trying for, overall I like the PFPX template). The OFP is then generated off this template filling in the data fields with the appropriate values.

Adding these data field command lines in the OFP template are supposed to display the overall wind direction as HDG/SPD and ISA temperature deviation respectively. However, they display in the OFP only as the raw code right now.

However, even once working, you will need to modify (or create new) the OFP template to display these fields in this manner.

Were is the OFP template guide? The main manual mentions it but I can't find it?

Edit: Never mind, found it. I also found the download templates here in the forum based on real world airlines. Props to the guy that did the Delta one. Using that one exclusively now.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

I'm looking at the PFPX OFP, and it's giving me the direction and speed stock.

Where are you finding this? Just to be clear, we are not talking about the winds for specific individual waypoints. We are talking about the average wind direction and speed over the entire route.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were wanting.

I'd also like to see the route superimposed over sigWX

I don't think that would be possible. The map showing the upper winds overlaid on the route is generated by PFPX itself - it constructs the map out of its own internal data.

However, the sigWX chart is just a picture - a .jpg image file downloaded from an external web site. The image contains no geographic Lat/Lon coordinates that would permit PFPX to locate the specific waypoints in the image to overlay the route in the proper location.

I don't think that would be possible. The map showing the upper winds overlaid on the route is generated by PFPX itself - it constructs the map out of its own internal data.

However, the sigWX chart is just a picture - a .jpg image file downloaded from an external web site. The image contains no geographic Lat/Lon coordinates that would permit PFPX to locate the specific waypoints in the image to overlay the route in the proper location.

Although directly superimposing over the sigWX chart wouldn't be possible, SIGMETs/AIRMETs could be added to the upper winds chart, which would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone bene able to get <&WindDir>/<&WindSpeed> to work? When I enter it into a new template (maybe I'm doing it wrong?) my OFP just says "<&WindDir>/<&WindSpeed>" rather than the values.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

first of all i would like to thank you for your tool. It's pretty cool.

- Could you please add the planned route to the significant weather chart like on the wind charts, i am really missing that. The best sollution would be in my opinion if you could show the significant weather on the general world map.

There also seems to be a problem with the FL in the advanced route finder. Often the tools says that the airway is available on that FL range, but CFMU throws out an error for that range. I am not sure if it's a problem of PFPX or the navdata ( i use NG1309)

Looking forward to an answer

A346

With respect to the route, I see no problems with that. When the air nav service provider created the route, they didnt know that CFMU will have other ideas. Welcome to the real world.

Archived