Missing 3D night lightings in Mykonos V1.02

lemonpop

Today I purchased Mykonos V1.02 from Aerosoft shop.

Then I installed it and tried to enjoy the scenery.

But 3D night lights are not showed up. All I can see is only some orange colored light around the airport.

night1.jpg

night2.jpg

I can not get the 3D Night lightings covered the island shown in the picture below.

1048197_680352535313256_1193554383_o.jpg

Hi, the installer obviusly couldn't add the necessary autogen entries to a file called "default.xml" which can

be found in "FSX/Autogen". Please send that file to our support mail and I'll add those entries manually for you:

support@twentynine-palms.de

Lars,

expecially in the German speaking area there's a tweak around which will rename the default.xml to default.bak to turn it off in order to save framerates.

I don't know if the installer will add the new entries if the file is turned off during installation, but even in case it does the users should check if the file is actually turned on.

Maybe you could add this information to the manual as I could imagine that this might cause problems to other users too.

Hi, the installer obviusly couldn't add the necessary autogen entries to a file called "default.xml" which can

be found in "FSX/Autogen". Please send that file to our support mail and I'll add those entries manually for you:

support@twentynine-palms.de

Hi, I've sent you my 'default.xml' file for the fix.

Thank you!

• Aerosoft

Lars,

expecially in the German speaking area there's a tweak around which will rename the default.xml to default.bak to turn it off in order to save framerates.

I don't know if the installer will add the new entries if the file is turned off during installation, but even in case it does the users should check if the file is actually turned on.

Maybe you could add this information to the manual as I could imagine that this might cause problems to other users too.

Holy smoke, this will make a whole load of add-ons not work. Why would anybody castrate FSX to save frames? It also hardly makes any sense because if a module is not used, it's not loaded and won't take up any resources or memory.

A utility called "Flusifx" has this option, it's most likely the one Emanuel was talking about. Caused around 10 support requests because the users had no autogen

but I don't mind, most FSX users simply don't know how custom autogen is being controlled.

Holy smoke, this will make a whole load of add-ons not work. Why would anybody castrate FSX to save frames? It also hardly makes any sense because if a module is not used, it's not loaded and won't take up any resources or memory.

It's just like Mathijs says. This tool even tells the user that this tweak will give you much more framerates back (using VFR Germany I can confirm that for this region).

Hello Lars,

I think I have the same issue as told above but I´m not 100% sure.

I tried to send you an e-mail, but the "default.xml" is to large to enclose.

I simply attach a few shots if I´m allowed to and then you can check this on that way.

Are the pictures correct or do I have the same issue as above?

Greetings

Alexander

post-55792-0-16778500-1373056378_thumb.j

post-55792-0-22753100-1373056381_thumb.j

Hi Alexander, yes - you've no autogen as well. Meaning the installer couldn't add the necessary entries to your default.xml.

You said that the file is to big to attach...well, normally it's around 3-8MB but if you've set FTX Central to another Area than Default FSX the file can be around 22MB in size.

When installing Add-Ons like Mykonos or Skiathos you've to make sure that ORBX Areas are deactivated.

If that's not the case I'd suggest you upload the file to one of the many hosting sites :)

Hello Lars,

thank you very much for the quick reply and for your help! :)

Yes, I have something installed from ORBX and in that case I try to reinstall the szenery without ORBX. Thank you for the hint! :)

I will report later if it has worked.

Thank you! :)

Alexander

Hello Lars,

unfortunately it doesn´t work. So I will send you an e-mail shortly with my "default.xml". Without ORBX it isn´t that big as before, so I can send it to you now.

Thank you very much! :)

Alexander

I'll keep track of this thread since I have exactly the same problem when installing 1.02 update.

For some reason my default.xml has/gets MykonosX entries removed.

I've sent the file to Lars and he confirms the entries do not exist in there.

Some key points:

Win7 64 Home with FSX installed on separate drive from the operating system.

FSX Accel

I have no ORBX/FTX sceneries installed.

Other sceneries that affect default.xml installed SantoriniX, VilniusX, SkiathosX but I guess they affect the file once during installation and not again in the future.

I even run the installation of 1.02 following uninstal of previous MykonosX since its a full installer and noy a patch.

I place the file uncompressed in temp. folder and them run it as administrator just in case (even though as user I am adm.)

I just received a hint by another user that everyone who has problems with autogen and 3D lights

in Mykonos and maybe even Skiathos has to be aware of even if the default.xml has been edited properly and is active!

A freeware scenery available on AVSIM suppresses autogen on Mykonos:

LTBA Istanbul Ataturk Airport surroundings VFR scenery for FSX by Sunay KILIC

Filename = ltbavfr08.zip

If you don't have this scenery activated/installed and still having problems with autogen and 3D lights, please send the default.xml which

can be found in "FSX/Autogen" to this support address:

support@29palms.de

A freeware scenery available on AVSIM suppresses autogen on Mykonos:

LTBA Istanbul Ataturk Airport surroundings VFR scenery for FSX by Sunay KILIC

Filename = ltbavfr08.zip

If you don't have this scenery activated/installed and still having problems with autogen and 3D lights, please send the default.xml which

can be found in "FSX/Autogen" to this support address:

I am 99% sure I have this scenery installed & activated.

When back from vacations (in Mykonos!) at 1st week of August I will report accordingly ;-)

Looking forward to your report Kyprianos! I'm seriously wondering which element

of that scenery could cause such a problem, hundreds of kilometers away from LTBA...

Hi,

Turkey-FSX_Region_correction.bgl causing the problem

Harald

• Aerosoft

Looking forward to your report Kyprianos! I'm seriously wondering which element

of that scenery could cause such a problem, hundreds of kilometers away from LTBA...

There is a lot of freeware scenery that is not very precise in these aspect, causes massive problems in support.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the light(s) !

Indeed the file causing the problem was Turkey-FSX_Region_correction.bgl from LTBA Istanbul Ataturk Airport surroundings VFR scenery for FSX by Sunay KILIC Filename = ltbavfr08.zip

I deactivated the subject .bgl file with another extension and the problem was solved.

Really weird !

I will email Sunay just for the future benefit of other users so as not to have the same problem if he is willing to issue an update.

post-29879-0-87346100-1375287771_thumb.j

... and FYI the email response from the developer of the subject scenery:

Hello Kyprianos,
Thank you for the warning.
It was an old scenery study (one of my first ones) and I remember making the region correction area very large. The correction bgl is supposed to change the region definition from Middle East to that of Germany (more green). Seems that it conflicts with the codes of MykonosX scenery.
I can work on a smaller area, just only for Istanbul this time, it is no big job. Just that I am about to go an vacation for two weeks, so it will be at the end of August.
Tomorrow we are leaving for Lesbos and then we will be in Rhodes :)
Regards,
Sunay

Archived