ND not responding

Well guys, this is completely new to me. I am running V1.10+15+16b. Have been since they were released. The past few flights have been very annoying. This is because I believe there is some issue with the ND. Sometimes mid flight on appr. or whenever it wants to (intermittent) It will go blank, leaving me with one of the "mileage arcs" and that's it. Sometimes the sim will crash before this even happens. Today the ND froze. I was able to capture a screen shot while AXE was making a turn at ASCIL when the ND was still showing it between STOLT and ASCIL. It is still stuck as I write this, in the same spot. Trying different modes for the ND does nothing either. I am thinking these 3 issues may be related. I have reset my .cfg as well and have followed all install instructions as well. Never had a problem with AXE until this showed up. Any ideas? Thanks guys!

EDIT: I have attached an image showing what the ND is doing when it does not lock up.

post-74470-0-76074500-1371343125_thumb.p

post-74470-0-28646600-1371355709.png

Well guys, this is completely new to me. I am running V1.10+15+16b. Have been since they were released. The past few flights have been very annoying. This is because I believe there is some issue with the ND. Sometimes mid flight on appr. or whenever it wants to (intermittent) It will go blank, leaving me with one of the "mileage arcs" and that's it. Sometimes the sim will crash before this even happens. Today the ND froze. I was able to capture a screen shot while AXE was making a turn at ASCIL when the ND was still showing it between STOLT and ASCIL. It is still stuck as I write this, in the same spot. Trying different modes for the ND does nothing either. I am thinking these 3 issues may be related. I have reset my .cfg as well and have followed all install instructions as well. Never had a problem with AXE until this showed up. Any ideas? Thanks guys!

EDIT: I have attached an image showing what the ND is doing when it does not lock up.

Let me try to get the ND Developer to look into this.

So rather than starting a new topic because this all may be related somehow, I am putting this observation in this one. Even when I am at the gate sitting for an extended time, FSX will either crash or the ND goes blank. No other aircraft crashes FSX. This is very strange to me. I have been flying it since December. Hope this helps some. I would love to be able to use it again.

Here is another image of what the ND does. Its always something it seems with the ND. I was doing a climb out when it did this and it does not update itself during the rest of the flight. Did you guys build this type of failure in??? lol I'm debating on uninstalling it and reinstalling the whole thing. But I guess I will wait for a response.

post-74470-0-67649900-1371604749.png

No this is certainly not a failure which is intended.

You may want to try the reinstallation. If you have Windows 7 make sure to install the Airbus as Administrator (right click on the installer and then select "run as administrator") and also to run FSX as admin all the time.

Well just tried a re-install with HF 15 & 16b. Same thing, now it happened to me on the ground. It seems as if it is completely random at when it will just go blank. I am at a loss here guys.... what is going on with this thing?? No hard feelings, just frustrating on my end and I cannot imagine how you guys feel about these "gremlin" issues. Thanks for everything you guys do. Keep up the good work.

Well just tried a re-install with HF 15 & 16b. Same thing, now it happened to me on the ground. It seems as if it is completely random at when it will just go blank. I am at a loss here guys.... what is going on with this thing?? No hard feelings, just frustrating on my end and I cannot imagine how you guys feel about these "gremlin" issues. Thanks for everything you guys do. Keep up the good work.

Hi,

I asked the ND Developer and he suspects a Out Of Memory problem, as it seems to completely stuck at different program positions without finishing the frame…

If this should happen again a protocol file (AB_ND_GDI.log) could maybe be helpful…

Will do! This has been happening on every flight now. i have fsx installed outside of the program files/x86 folder on its own. will this make it run like its in 32bit mode? Stupid question but where do I find that log? How does a system run into these OOM issues. I do agree that it seems as though the frames are not updating on the ND.

Will do! This has been happening on every flight now. i have fsx installed outside of the program files/x86 folder on its own. will this make it run like its in 32bit mode? Stupid question but where do I find that log? How does a system run into these OOM issues. I do agree that it seems as though the frames are not updating on the ND.

Your installation folder is o.k., the *.log file is the most important piece of information right now. What may help, too, is your OS (W7? 32bit/64bit?) and your amount of RAM.

Ok guys here is the protocol file. Not to sure what to make of it.

[proto]
protoLevel=L
//Remark: proto level: "L" = low, "M" = medium, "H" = high, default = "L"

[ND]
maxAmountDisplayedAirports=200
maxAmountDisplayedNDBs=200
maxAmountDisplayedVORDMEs=200
maxAmountDisplayedWaypoints=200
//Remark: limitation of simultanious displayed symbols due to performance
useFPLSegments=1

[Print]
useDefaultPrinter=1
//Remark: If set to "1" the default printer is automatically selected, if set to
//"0" the printer selection Dialog is opened each time before printing

Ok guys here is the protocol file. Not to sure what to make of it.

[proto]

protoLevel=L

//Remark: proto level: "L" = low, "M" = medium, "H" = high, default = "L"

[ND]

maxAmountDisplayedAirports=200

maxAmountDisplayedNDBs=200

maxAmountDisplayedVORDMEs=200

maxAmountDisplayedWaypoints=200

//Remark: limitation of simultanious displayed symbols due to performance

useFPLSegments=1

[Print]

useDefaultPrinter=1

//Remark: If set to "1" the default printer is automatically selected, if set to

//"0" the printer selection Dialog is opened each time before printing

Sorry, that's the *.ini file. Joshua needs the *.log file ...

I cannot find the .log file. Is this something that should always be there even if I have logging turned off in the configurator? I did however find that this error in my windows log was popping up quite a bit when fsx did crash. I also found this in the AirbusXExtSDK file as well. Just trying to provide the most info I can on this. Thanks again guys. You guys rock!

--------------------------------------------------------

Protocol of AirbusXExtSDK.dll

company: aerosoft

file version: 1.2.0.14

--------------------------------------------------------

start time of application : Thu Jun 20 18:37:54 2013

18:37:55 : INFO :File read successfully! Airports over all = 9251, airports with runway length >= 4200 ft = 6095 (filename:'C:\FSX\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\NavdataPro\NavData\airports.txt')
18:37:55 : INFO :File read successfully! Navaids over all = 15582, NDBs = 6868, VORs and/or DMEs = 5850 (filename:'C:\FSX\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\NavdataPro\NavData\navaids.txt')
18:37:55 : INFO :File read successfully! Waypoints over all = 236636, found intersections = 102396 (filename:'C:\FSX\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\NavdataPro\NavData\navaids.txt')
18:37:55 : INFO :Opening SimConnect...
18:37:55 : INFO :SimConnect opened successfull...
18:41:06 : WARNING :Received FlightPlanWaypointIndex as 1, but MCDUFPLWaypointCounter is 0, so FlightPlanWaypointIndex is reset to zero!
18:53:00 : ERROR :Exception (4) caught in drawNDDisplay

post-74470-0-71266000-1371768747_thumb.p

You found the *.ini file exactly in the same folder the *.log file is supposed to be in:

Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftAirbusExtended\AB_ND_GDI.log

Looks like your logging is turned off, though. Don't know myself whether a 'small' log file exists anyway, or whether you have turn on logging again in order to create a log file at all. (Devs do know ...)

You found the *.ini file exactly in the same folder the *.log file is supposed to be in:

Looks like your logging is turned off, though. Don't know myself whether a 'small' log file exists anyway, or whether you have turn on logging again in order to create a log file at all. (Devs do know ...)

ND has logging forced on all the time. He should be able to find the log file.

Try doing a search for AB_ND_GDI.log in the search bar.

Archived