Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

104 Flights with the airbus x extended

rjord

I mentioned this in another post today and thought I would mention it here in its own post.

Since buying the airbux x extended on the 19th december 2012 I have flown it every day and last night I flew my 104th flight . The airbus is extremely enjoyable to fly and it is very easy to become immersed into believing you are actually flying the real thing.

I fly the airbus using Prepar3d with addons such as opusfsx ,mytraffic 2013 and Rex Latitude. I have told friends and family about how realistic the flightsim is and have shown some of them the airbus in action. They were very impressed .

Here in Australia I mirror the actual flight taken from which ever airport I am at. I take off at the actual departure time (eg 6:00am) and for example do a 60 minute flight with the expected arrival at for example 7:00am. I have my flight monitored by REX latitude to make sure the airbus x extended passengers have a comfortable flight. When I arrive at the destination airport, I log my arrival time at the gate and match it against the actual arrival time in the real world. So in the example above, I arrived at the gate at 7:04am but I had been flying into a headwind as well.

I have nothing but high praise for the airbus x extended and would again like to thank the developers for their work on it. I am not an airbus pilot in the real world but I wish I was but at least I can spend a couple of hours a day pretending to be one and fly actual routes.

Roy

Roy

Totally agree! I find it very satisfying if my flight matches a real life one. The only bummer is not collecting the salary of a real pilot...

Andrew

Wow, that's pretty impressive Roy.

I figured you must be flying it a lot since you usually provide a lot of good and correct support here to other users! I do thank you for that, you've actually helped quite a bit around here!

Keep enjoying, and look forward to SP1!

Thanks for the kind words Kyle......... still got a few things to learn about the airbus but it is enjoyable learning along the way.

Definitely looking forward to SP1 with what I have seen of the details of it.

Roy

Archived