Piper Cheyenne

skeating

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Piper Cheyenne was announced to be coming out LAST year. I'm not holding my breath for a release anytime soon. Kind of annoying, if you ask me.

What do pics of the Piper Navajo have to do with the Piper Cheyenne release?

ricardo

OOOPPS, did not know that, Oh well, there probably have only a few copies avail so at least I have one in researve :lol: .........am in no hurry anyway since I have overloaded the computer with add-ons and now it won't even start, my computer tech friend warned me about scenery addon, so thats what happens to us download junkies RRL :roll:

Well, it's April 24th, and I am keeping my fingers crossed. Being that there is not one spoken word over at Digital Aviation, I doubt anything will happen. From what I have read, this has been going on for a long time? The plane looks like it's been done for some time now. I wonder what happened to delay it like this? It would be great if it finally happens. I just don't understand why the developers can't at least say where it is in delelopment. That is not asking for a release date, but when there is nothing said, it seems alot of people would get frustrated. I just started following this plane in the past couple of months. The release doesn't look very promising from what I have read.

I'm sorry guys, but during the Betatest of Lukla we (some Betatesters) destroyed the nearly finished Cheyenne models. So they have to be rebuilt. As I read in another german forum Hans himself landed the last one (if it's correct to call this crash a landing) when trying to show us how to do it better. ;):lol:

Ciao,

Rainer.

I'm sorry guys, but during the Betatest of Lukla we (some Betatesters) destroyed the nearly finished Cheyenne models. So they have to be rebuilt. As I read in another german forum Hans himself landed the last one (if it's correct to call this crash a landing) when trying to show us how to do it better. ;):lol:

Ciao,

Rainer.

Oh well... I guess that's it then huh? :o

Good thing I still have the Aeroworx B200 which is the best ever turbo-prop for FS to date installed on my PC. :wink: I guess I will never know how the Cheyenne would have stacked up against it. 8) Thanks for the news though. Like I said in an earlier post Rainer... I am not one for having carrots dangled in front of me. You can keep up the dangling and I will just go find another plane to buy, OK? :lol:

It really is frustrating. I assume the post about destroying the planes was to be funny? I don't understand what was meant by that. I am really confused now. Is this suppose to be read between the lines...The plane is not ready yet, or what? I posted earlier about not giving release dates, I respect that 100%, but what does this the last post mean? If there was more being said, I would understand and not even check back here everyday, but with complete silence, how can anyone know? At least can't someone say anything like, it is in the final stages, we are somewhat behind.. anything. I handle development in my video production company with certain products, and I understand that delays happen, but I at the very least, I tell my customers what is going on rather than leave them in the dark with out any comment at all. To me, this is much better for the the customer, seller relationship. I guess I just needed to express my view. I do wish those involved best wishes for this product. I am sorry I went on, but an update once in a while can't hurt.

Hi guys,

well, aerosoft sometimes is not that fortunate with announcements. I don't know why they come up with dates, they cannot know. So if you are frustrated and blame it on anyone - it is them, they will sell the bird. The Development Team never gave a date. (I mean, how shall they know one year in advance, how many spare time they will have to work on that plane?) But believe me, this bird will fly, in fact it does so already. http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=51260

Just tonight I received tweaked flight dynamics by Alexander and I think Hans is very busy working on the Trimble.

Ciao

PS Rainers Post is only funny - nothing between the lines.

Hey Marco, thanks you so much for the update. This is what I was talking about. I am glad to know what's happening. I am sorry if my post seemed harsh. I was just frustrated as I'm sure many are. This update.. EX: "Just tonight I received tweaked flight dynamics by Alexander and I think Hans is very busy working on the Trimble".. made my night. Thanks again for sharing. I am looking forward VERY MUCH to this release.

Hey all,

I think they should just pull it out of the catlalog since it's been lost it's saying it will be finshed and the end of april sound like a crash and burn senerio.

oh well so much for a great aircraft taking flight on our systems. :roll:

Richard :cry:

I guess that will teach everyone to not prebuy here. I bet some sorry pilot has paid in June, only to have to wait almost a year later. If someone's working on the Trimble, there's no way it's going to be ready for release "on time" (April). I'll check back in a couple of months to see if it's worth all this wait.

I see what you all are talking about, but I think I will get a copy sometime soon........PS, my overload of FS addons is a godsend, I did a new reload of FS with only my favorite stuff and FS runs now like a charm!! Must have had it really boged down......something for others to think about!! It is now REALLY TERRIFIC111 RRL :D

Hi,

PS Rainers Post is only funny - nothing between the lines.
huch... :oops: something to do more than using the smilies?

It was only fun to show/find a reason why the Cheyenne maybe is delayed.

We fly the Cheyenne as much as possible. Whenever and whereever. Marco pointed to a thread where I flew the bird over the maltese islands. It's nearly finished but - as Marco said - it is Hans who has to decide when it's really ready.

And - believe me - posting and finding arguments why it's not out now can't be the part of the delevopment team - because then you have to wait longer. It's better they use their complete time to develop.

Ciao,

Rainer.

• Aerosoft
Hi guys,

well, aerosoft sometimes is not that fortunate with announcements. I don't know why they come up with dates, they cannot know. So if you are frustrated and blame it on anyone - it is them, they will sell the bird. The Development Team never gave a date. (I mean, how shall they know one year in advance, how many spare time they will have to work on that plane?) But believe me, this bird will fly, in fact it does so already. http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=51260

Just tonight I received tweaked flight dynamics by Alexander and I think Hans is very busy working on the Trimble.

There has been a lot of discussion about this post today at our office, frankly many people were upset of the fact that the post suggest that we just enter dates into the systems without any discussion with Hans Hartmann (the leader of the project). To see our own forums used by a tester of a project we are about to release in this way, well let me put it this way, it has not happened before.

We state emphatically that this is not true. Every date we had on our system has been added or edited there only after our CEO Winfried Diekmann spoke with Hans Hartmann. He runs the project, he is the one we speak to. Now this project is special because their is no deadline in it. That is indeed because Hans (and the other devs) do not do this as their full time profession and it is not easy to plan so far ahead. But to suggest that we just tell nonsense to the customers is factual incorrect. We speak to Hans often, every time we edit the scheduled release date on the information he gives us.

Release dates are a fact of life. If we don't give them people will ask for them and major resellers (for the boxed versions) won't even schedule the project in. If it slides, as can happen, this is unfortunate but hardly unknown of in software development. However, the accusations in the post quoted are offensive and unjust. I hope customers will see the facts as they are. Aerosoft is shown in a very negative way while we can only react to the information we receive.

Now to be clear, we consider Hans one of our stars, he is a super programmer and I personally consider him a friend. We fully accept (okay sometimes with a bit of grumbling) if he lets us know a bit more time is needed. As I written so often, he is a pro and when he tells us he needs more time it is because he needs more time. He probably likes the product out as much as we do. It's no secret that the market does not get a lot bigger the closer we get to FSx, every delay costs money at this stages. I defended the decision to let Hans make up his own schedule always, in the office and here in the forum and I will continu to do so. The product will be release when it is ready and we'll update our release schedule with the information we receive.

Hey all,

Mathjis has a point we all just have to buy there other great addon's til the chyenne comes out. We do trust all of you at Aerosoft Mathjis it's just hard to see one thing and be told another but I have faith in Aerosoft after all this is the only place to get great addon's :D cant give up on a great company for one little aircraft :) I would repectivly ask that anyone waiting to buy the Cheynne just keep your cool and just buy other great addon's and let the software king's do there duty I know they will triumph in the end. :wink:

Richard :D GOOOOO Mathjis

The deal is that the Cheyenne will be released when we (the developers) think, it's ready. It's a quite amititious project which contains a real fully functional GPS including full SID and STAR capability (and not some modified default GPS which doesn't allow waypoint editing and all that stuff). You can consider this aircraft to have the same complexity level as the Flight1 ATR I did before. This means that about a million things come up at the end of the development process which all take time. Some only a few minutes, some can take me a full day or more to fix.

So the truth is: Until the product is ready for release, even I have no idea about a certain release date. So whenever Winfried Diekmann is asking me for a release date, I can only give him an estimate - and as we all know, "estimate" is another word for "wild guess".

I will call him tomorrow and discuss the matter of release dates with him. As much as I understand that you want to know when it comes out, I would prefer something like "in production" instead of a date that most likely turns out to be not correct.

And now I'm back to work.

Hi again!

Rereading my post from late yesterday evening, I understand that I might have upset some of the folks at aerosoft. That was not my intention and I want to appologize for any trouble I may have caused.

What I wanted to say ,and I think I should have emphasized on that, is - a release date is hard to predict - from the developers point of view. As Hans has already pointed out, aerosoft has to work with "we might be ready", and I understand now how difficult a situation this is, when every other day a release date is asked for in the forum.

If I may, I'd like to ask for a little patience from everyone.

I hope you (Mathijs) accept the appology, I would be more than happy if you let me buy you a beer at the Conference 2006.

Ciao

Marco

PS It still stands: the Cheyenne will fly! ;-)

OK, so let me see I understand... the entire project is being held up by a GPS? :lol: This is unreal people. I have no doubt that it (GPS and the entire project) will be nice but this is getting crazy! What about all the people that preordered this product a year ago thinking it was going to be released in fall of 2005... and are still waiting? This makes me think twice about purchasing anything at all from Aerosoft ever again. :?

Hi Hans,

Not to worry Hans we have faith that what comes out of all this is one great aircraft it's just very hard for us as customers it's like Christmas time for us waiting so we can get to our presents I am sure you understand. I hope that most customer's just relax and just wait til the bird roll's out of the factory ready for startup :D Aerosoft is doing a fine job of keeping us entertained in the flight sim community I know all will be fine in the end. :)

Richard

SHE WILL FLY I just know she will :D

Make up your mind man, supportive.........

Hi Hans,

Not to worry Hans we have faith that what comes out of all this is one great aircraft it's just very hard for us as customers it's like Christmas time for us waiting so we can get to our presents I am sure you understand. I hope that most customer's just relax and just wait til the bird roll's out of the factory ready for startup :D Aerosoft is doing a fine job of keeping us entertained in the flight sim community I know all will be fine in the end. :)

Richard

SHE WILL FLY I just know she will :D

or your post a few posts earlier, negative! :roll:

Hey all,

I think they should just pull it out of the catlalog since it's been lost it's saying it will be finshed and the end of april sound like a crash and burn senerio.

oh well so much for a great aircraft taking flight on our systems. Rolling Eyes

Richard Crying or Very sad

I'm waiting for this one as well, this is why I never pre order a product. If we don't have enough addons to keep us busy, then we need some therapy, LOL.

• Aerosoft
Hi again!

Rereading my post from late yesterday evening, I understand that I might have upset some of the folks at aerosoft. That was not my intention and I want to appologize for any trouble I may have caused.

What I wanted to say ,and I think I should have emphasized on that, is - a release date is hard to predict - from the developers point of view. As Hans has already pointed out, aerosoft has to work with "we might be ready", and I understand now how difficult a situation this is, when every other day a release date is asked for in the forum.

If I may, I'd like to ask for a little patience from everyone.

I hope you (Mathijs) accept the appology, I would be more than happy if you let me buy you a beer at the Conference 2006.

Ciao

Marco

PS It still stands: the Cheyenne will fly! ;-)

We all know that forum posts can come over harder then intended. I made that mistake often and had to swallow my words more then I care to remember. Your graceful apology and your beer are accepted, as long as the second beer is on me.

Also thanks to Hans for explaining it, I hope that we can soon find a way to tell the customers who daily ask us for a release date a good way to inform then that we can't give a date for this project. We fully accept the way Hans works on this project.

The issue is over... I kindly ask others not to rake it up. Hans and his team need to program, not to handle this stuff.