A bunch of happy people :-)

Finn

Finn

I'm pretty sure that thread has been linked by Doorstep before.

Sorry I have not seen that link...

Just saw the thread over at Avsim and wanted to share it.

Finn

I am Still waiting to purchase a better 100% bug free AIrbus model from the complainers. Yeah like thats going to ever happen.............

It's amazing how you keep pushing up how happy people are about the AXE. It even looks like you want to divert attention from all the problems its got. There's even this ridiculous character at AVSIM that keeps telling people how they should read and learn to fly and how different it is from a Boeing. Well, thank you for stating the obvious sherlock.

If people point out problems about a product, it doesn't mean we're bashing it or want to throw it down like that guy at AVSIM keeps trying to paint. We're helping. Some people will go over their heads complaining and exceed themselves in doing so, but i sincerely don't believe anyone wants Aerosoft to fail or to offend anyone. That's just how people are and sometimes it's really hard to show that in a forum.

I myself like how this forum is run (except the post deleting triggers, they're just too happy) and i like how Aerosoft conducts their activity, but lately, all this AirbusX mess has changed things quite a bit. We know you're working hard to make the existing problems disappear and we will wait until they're out of the way, but please stop hiding that they're there by showing us how some users are so happy about it. Most of them have no idea that airways have altitude restrictions or don't even know what the meaning of 'STAR' is, let alone flying an airliner properly (within limits). People that are completely happy with the AXE are simply not aware of what its problems are and so they obviously don't notice them.

Look, Finn is aware of the problems.

Some people are just happy with what they bought, they don't experience the same thing as you do (not everybody flies the same routes as you!), or can simply look past the current faults. We are not trying to "cover up" by saying how people are happy, but what Finn is simply saying is that the (developers) are happy when the customers are happy. Simple as that. Its has nothing to with whatever theory you had in mind.

I am Still waiting to purchase a better 100% bug free AIrbus model from the complainers. Yeah like thats going to ever happen.............

So you think my flight tonight is acceptable?

Kennedy to Boston Logan, nothing too difficult at all is it? Real weather as usual, TOW 62T, V speeds from TPC.

33R departure with an INTERCEPT in the SID. No sweat, INTERCPT is known to be a bit buggy so we'll hand fly the departure.

Approaching the next waypoint in the SID my ND starts drawing alternating big and small circles. OK also a known issue, I'll stay in control.

Over fly the waypoint, turn to the next WP and why not stick it in DIR-TO, I have a few after take off things to do.

Cue an immediate 360! Again, known problem, it's happened before so I'm ready for it. Let's do this in HDG mode.

Once over this WP LNAV actually wakes up so we can climb to cruise and stay on track.

Time to come back down, ATC gives me the QNH, co-pilot wants to set 27.99. Now either I have ATC screaming at me for a level bust, or she gets canned.

Exit co-pilot, unfortunately she left her table out.

Now a new one for me. During descent I get an ice alert, no problem, anti-ice on. Oh look, an Engine 1 Bleed Temp Low warning, haven't seen that before. A quick look at the Bleed page shows zero. OK, minor issue.

One ATC commanded go-around later and we are safely on the ground in Boston.

Now I've been flying AXE since the day it was released yet this is the first time I've had a flight as bad as that, and these are all known issues. I've redone flights to reproduce errors for the team, and I know what a good job they are doing. I don't expect a bug-free product, and I don't expect this to be a "hardcore" sim. If it works OK for you, great. Most of the time it works reasonably well for me too, so I'll just chalk up tonight as a bad day at the office.

But just imagine that this was one of your first flights in your shiny new Airbus. What would your impression be?

Happy people and unhappy people - will always have both for everything. Never will everyone agree.

I'm reasonably happy and I know what the issues are - Mr Nuno, I know how to operate an airliner perfectly well, properly and within it's limits and to published procedures :)

I spent years flying the WIlco A320 - I'm fully aware how to understand and work round the limitations of a piece of software :)

Difference is, I have different priorities. I'm content that the problems are being worked on. This isn't the centre of the universe for me, it's a piece of computer software that allows me to sit in front of my computer in my shorts, drinking beer, pretending to be a pilot.

The fact that I actually have to take control and fly the thing sometimes is a bonus for me - how boring to just press a button and sit and watch, let the computer have all the fun :)

Maybe I ask the question about where these issues know in beta and was a descision made to go for it anyway and fix later? But that's not for me to worry about, if that's how they want to do it up to them. At least they're working on them.

If they had just pushed it out as v1 and left it, ignored us, then I'd be jumping up and down, screaming and shouting with the rest, but they didn't.

Sure it would be nice if everything worked - maybe one day it will, but for now, I'm happy that for the first time, we've got a pretty good Airbus to fly in FS and it's a base to build on, hopefully.

OK that's my lot - I have to do some work now, 6 hours before I can go fly again - so let the arguments continue - happy people, unhappy people.

Everyone have a nice day and nice weekend - if it all gets too much, step away from the computer, go outside and smell the flowers :)

Guest Closed

It's amazing how you keep pushing up how happy people are about the AXE. It even looks like you want to divert attention from all the problems its got. There's even this ridiculous character at AVSIM that keeps telling people how they should read and learn to fly and how different it is from a Boeing. Well, thank you for stating the obvious sherlock.

If people point out problems about a product, it doesn't mean we're bashing it or want to throw it down like that guy at AVSIM keeps trying to paint. We're helping. Some people will go over their heads complaining and exceed themselves in doing so, but i sincerely don't believe anyone wants Aerosoft to fail or to offend anyone. That's just how people are and sometimes it's really hard to show that in a forum.

I myself like how this forum is run (except the post deleting triggers, they're just too happy) and i like how Aerosoft conducts their activity, but lately, all this AirbusX mess has changed things quite a bit. We know you're working hard to make the existing problems disappear and we will wait until they're out of the way, but please stop hiding that they're there by showing us how some users are so happy about it. Most of them have no idea that airways have altitude restrictions or don't even know what the meaning of 'STAR' is, let alone flying an airliner properly (within limits). People that are completely happy with the AXE are simply not aware of what its problems are and so they obviously don't notice them.

I'm not expecting a PRO Airbus out of the AXE as you announced it wouldn't be, but i expect it to behave as an aircraft. I expect it to follow the route without running away, i expect it to don't drift away from the route in A/P mode in the middle of the ocean and i expect it to respect constraints inserted on the MCDU. Just that, or i'll have a 'default' aircraft that i fly manually like a GA airplane.

Just a rant.

Good luck for you, and we're here waiting to fly it as it deserves to.

......As 100s have said before, in response to your 'campaign' of constant hate against this amazing product, most of us do not get the issue that you moan about. It always seems like user error when you make the posts that you do about this. That is why people are reminding you that this plane is so different - because it always seems that you're operating it incorrectly; and then moaning about "bugs" that just don't exist.

I got so tired of your tirade about this on AVSIM; and now we have you here too!

You claim that the 'other' released Airbus is superior; well I own both and the other is so immature in it's development and so incomplete, that for me, when you say that you lose all credibility.

Why don't you do what most users do? ....... if you have problems, solution them with the guys here; provide info, screenshots, and you'd get the help.

But all you seem to want to do is complain and make ridiculous statements about this aircraft.

It flies flawlessly for me ;) ...... and it seems for many other. It is groundbreaking ..... but if you hate it; fair enough. but move on; it's getting really tiring.

Just like Joshua said...

My intentions has never been to cover up any bugs - I don´t think that neither I or any other developer of the Airbus X Extended has said that it is bugfree.

I just felt it was worth pointing to the fact that there are people out there happy about "our" airbus, despite the bugs still present.

Do You really think we should bow our heads and be ashamed ?

I´m not, cause I know that this is still the best attempt that has been done for a proper Airbus until now - with or without it´s present bugs.

As You can read in the Avsim thread, there are actually people who use it and seemingly use it quite alot whilst still being happy - period.

Finn

It always seems like user error when you make the posts that you do about this. That is why people are reminding you that this plane is so different - because it always seems that you're operating it incorrectly; and then moaning about "bugs" that just don't exist.

I'm sorry, but the "you aren't operating it correctly" response is getting beyond irritating. The bugs exist, the developers acknowledge that they exist and are being worked on, and yet any time they are brought up we get responses like this. If it works for you great, but accept the fact that for some users it does have bugs, some of which are quite inconvenient.

As an example, how do your checklists work at high altitude airports? Have you even tried it? Now that isn't a user error, it is a CL trigger that doesn't take into account high elevation airports. Thanks to the hard work of the team, that has been resolved and will be available in the next update. Now you might not have come across the problem, after all not everyone flies out of airports at 9,000' plus, but I do. I reported the problem, supplied extra details when asked, and the developers rewrote the logic to resolve the problem, just the way the support process is supposed to work.

It flies flawlessly for me

It might well do, but for me and others it does not. The bugs that are reported properly and resolved by the team benefit everybody, even if they don't see a particular issue. Insisting that there are no bugs, only users errors, does nothing for the development of AXE.

Do You really think we should bow our heads and be ashamed ?

No I don't, AXE is by far the best FBW Airbus yet produced for FS and the support is top class. It does have to be said that some of the comments on the linked thread are way over the top in their praise of AXE and they serve no more purpose than the "Aerosoft are thieves" comments.

I just felt it was worth pointing to the fact that there are people out there happy about "our" airbus, despite the bugs still present.

Absolutely, I'm one of them.

Archived