CTD after Installing Airbus X Extended Sound Enhancement Pack 2013

rjord

I have the Airbus X Extended installed in Prepar3d......... and have so far flown 15 flights without issue. (latest update)

I have installed the Airbus X Extended Sound Enhancement Pack 2013 this afternoon and 15 minutes into the flight prepar3d completely crashed.

I restarted P3d and went back to the default flight ..... loaded up the state for ready for take off as I did not want to go through the process I had already done.

When takeoff state had loaded, I took the option to go to runway and Prepar3d crashed.

Repeated this a few times.

I uninstalled Airbus X Extended Sound Enhancement Pack 2013 and then renamed the folders:

Sound_ASC_Original back to Sound_ASC (not done by uninstall)

Sound_CFM_Original back to Sound_CFM (not done by uninstall)

I then reloaded prepar3d, loaded up the state ready for takeoff and took the option to go to runway...... no crash to desktop. I am an hour into my flight and no crash.

Has anyone with Prepar3d got the same issue with Airbus X Extended Sound Enhancement Pack 2013

The sounds are great....but for the CTD issue.

The windows log file shows

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 1.4.4747.0, time stamp: 0x50253a53

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0002e41b

Faulting process id: 0x1e70

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce004ecae781c5

Faulting application path: C:\P3D\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 56ffec2a-6c43-11e2-84aa-1c7508f2dbd0

and error

Fault bucket 3126229250, type 1

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Prepar3D.exe

P2: 1.4.4747.0

P3: 50253a53

P4: ntdll.dll

P5: 6.1.7601.17725

P6: 4ec49b8f

P7: c0000005

P8: 0002e41b

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\roy\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.CFG.txt

C:\Users\roy\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\dxdiag.txt

C:\Users\roy\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\scenery.cfg

C:\Users\roy\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\fdr.dat

C:\Users\roy\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\dll.xml

C:\Users\roy\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBAED.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\Users\roy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Prepar3D.exe_c5f42d2f4594ee2b8d6b2feac4d4f2361566133_1842c8a3

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 5b91ba07-6c45-11e2-84aa-1c7508f2dbd0

Report Status: 0

Roy

Hi Mathijs

I have reinstalled Airbus X Extended Sound Enhancement Pack 2013 and done some more tests.

I have not been able to repeat the issue at all and everything appears now to be working fine with Airbus X Extended Sound Enhancement Pack 2013

I repeated the exact same steps I did leading up to the crash and there was no CTD this time around.

Perhaps there was some sort of issue with my first install and something got corrupted

Perhaps the fix was just simply to do a reinstall again.

Will do a 4 hour flight when I wake up tomorrow and see if I have a CTD.... but hopefully the reinstall solved this.

By the way Airbus X Extended Sound Enhancement Pack 2013 is very good and adds to an already great product.

Roy

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs

I have reinstalled Airbus X Extended Sound Enhancement Pack 2013 and done some more tests.

I have not been able to repeat the issue at all and everything appears now to be working fine with Airbus X Extended Sound Enhancement Pack 2013

I repeated the exact same steps I did leading up to the crash and there was no CTD this time around.

Perhaps there was some sort of issue with my first install and something got corrupted

Perhaps the fix was just simply to do a reinstall again.

Will do a 4 hour flight when I wake up tomorrow and see if I have a CTD.... but hopefully the reinstall solved this.

By the way Airbus X Extended Sound Enhancement Pack 2013 is very good and adds to an already great product.

Roy

Okay, keep us informed!

Mathijs

Reinstall appears to have resolved the issue....... just completed a 4 hour flight without a crash and able to switch to runways and other locations without a crash with the sound pack installed.

Roy

Mathijs

Reinstall appears to have resolved the issue....... just completed a 4 hour flight without a crash and able to switch to runways and other locations without a crash with the sound pack installed.

Roy

Glad to hear, thanks for coming back and letting us know you're good to go.

Wanted to install this sound pack in both FSX and P3D but it will only install in one. As soon as it is installed in FSX running the installer again it will either modify, repair or remove.

Wanted to install this sound pack in both FSX and P3D but it will only install in one. As soon as it is installed in FSX running the installer again it will either modify, repair or remove.

Fred, what happens if you install it into the other sim first.

• 1 month later...

Archived