Fuel Leak

hendopow

Hi,

I just got the Airbus X a couple of days ago and have not been able to complete a flight yet. The problem I'm having is fuel seems to be leaking from my left tank then my right one. Sometimes it would happen inflight and just now it happened only after a few minutes of taxiing in Vancouver. This is my first time in an Airbus aircraft however I'm using the checklist and the co-pilot and I don't know if I'm missing something or its a bug of some sort.2013_1_23_13_36_52_696.jpg2013_1_23_13_36_34_34.jpg

Hi,

Must say this is a new one..... Few questions to start off with:

1. What version and hotfixes do you currently have installed? (and did you install as administrator?)

2. Did you use the Airbus X Extended Fuel Planner to load your fuel?

3. Did you by mistake hit the default FSX 'fuel dump' command? (I don't think that actually works with the Extended but as this is something I don't think we've ever seen before, can't hurt to ask)

4. Does this happen on the Step by Step tutorial flight if you follow it by the letter?

Hey Kyle,

1. I have V1.03b and have not downloaded any hotfixes.

2. Yes I use the Fuel Planner

3. Control+Shift+D is my fuel dump command so I don't think its that

4. Yes it has happened during the Step by Step tutorial

Okay, have you tried a complete uninstall and reinstall as administrator? If you've not already, that seems to be the route to take currently.

As a side-note, do you have any addons installed like FSPassengers or AccuFeel that could cause this?

Alright, new course then.

If you will when you have a few minutes, load up the Step by Step, and use the Fuel Planner to load 8,700 kg of fuel.

- Take a screenshot of your E/WD and ECAM Fuel page like above.

- Start the engines, and get through After Start Checklist and before you start taxiing take the same shot.

- Start taxiing and take another shot.

- Takeoff if you can and take another.

The purpose is for us to see if there are any abnormalities in the loading and fuel usage during these steps, to hopefully see and/or narrow the cause down. As I said before, this is a completely new one for those of us on and reading this right now.

They come up fine for me.

Here's the links to them in the same order.

Please login to display this image.

Attempted a flight from Montreal to Barbados. This time I got to 40 minutes and at FL370 just off the coast of Boston fuel started leaking again. Still haven't completed a flight yet :mecry_s:

Attempted a flight from Montreal to Barbados. This time I got to 40 minutes and at FL370 just off the coast of Boston fuel started leaking again. Still haven't completed a flight yet :mecry_s:

The images are still too small!!

I cant even read the text of the images.

Please zip the images and upload it here or dropbox etc.

The images are still too small!!

I cant even read the text of the images.

Please zip the images and upload it here or dropbox etc.

Are you sure Joshua? I can read the text on the images quite clearly.

From the screenshots it looks like fuel is only being fed from the left fuel tanks and then x-fed from the right tanks.

How do you start your flight ie. do you select another aircraft before selecting the Airbus?

I had a friend look at the images aswell and they seemed fine to him.

Chris,

No I don't think I have ever done that though I do know what you mean. I'll try it.

Also it is always the right tank that leaks fuel first then the left.

Prepared for a flight YVR-LAX. Loaded up at the gate in the default trike then switched to the A320CFM. However I only made it as far as I did in my first image.

Right. Try a default 737 instead of a trike and see whether you got the fuel leak.

if you still have the fuel leak, I am sure this addon is not the only addon with fuel leak problems.

OK so. I got to roughly the same point in my first image again. Both tanks had roughly 3500kg in them. The left started going down however as I waited for the warning signs to come on and the engines to shutdown I noticed it had stopped at about 1500kg with the right tank untouched. I went into the FSX fuel page and set it back up to 3500kg and was able to get to 08R for the first time and takeoff.

Nope..still having the problem. I also installed V1.4. Same thing as before taxied for about 5 minutes and then the left leaks, tried filling it up again but it continued to leak.

Did you try reinstalling FSX?

I had the similar issue before with all my other planes, but I didn't fly on FSX a lot. And then something got screwed up and when Airbus X Ext came out I reinstalled FSX and it didn't happen again.

Which variant of the Airbus are you using, does it happen with all of them?

Also, just to confirm, are all the fuel pump lights on the overhead panel extinguished?

I just tried it out with the A321 this time and tried the same flight. I got up to FL370 and a couple minutes past KSEA fuel started to leak in the same way.

I've also been keeping an eye on the fuel panel and no lights are on.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This failure is so repetitive that a "phantom key" shoud be discard. Do not know if the AXE has a command to leak fuel in case you arrive very heavy, and if it is mapped to a key or key combination.

Regards

Archived