Keyboard and Buttons Control for Rudder and Throttle (FADEC)

evaamo

Hello again guys!

I have made a new Lua script for controlling the Rudder and a modification to my original script for controlling the throttle (FADEC) using either your keyboard or your Gamepad/Joystick buttons!

The new file is here:

http://bit.ly/VRULND

Please follow the instructions in the "INSTRUCTIONS.pdf" file included in the zip, as it explains how to configure both keyboard and Gamepad/Joystick buttons in FSUIPC for Rudder and FADEC control.

There are two scripts, one for FADEC control and the other for Rudder control.

The PDF file explains how to install it and what it does.

It requires FSUIPC.

Let me know if it works for you. Your feedback is welcome

cheers

Enrique

ps: please make SURE you are assigning Gamepad/Joystick buttons and Keys that are free/unasigned in *both* FSX and FSUIPC. Otherwise you will have issues.

I did everything using your manual. All works except RIGHT. i can move rudder fully left, and set it back to the center, but can't move it to the right.

Regards, Sergey

Have you tried using a different key, just for testing purposes? I mean... you said the LEFT rudder command worked fine for you (which is parameter 2), why don't you try setting the same key that worked for the LEFT rudder with the parameter 3 instead, and see if it moves to the right. What key are you using by the way? Maybe it is not mapped in FSX and FSUIPC, but it is mapped in the Airbus as a default key. Check this out:

http://forum.aerosof...-key-assigment/

It works fine for me and nobody else has reported such a problem, so I'm a bit clueless here.

Hope this helps

cheers

-E

ps: one of the things I did was removing ALL the "Hotkey" features that Aerosoft programmed in the aircraft.cfg. The consequences of that is the view system stops working... but then again I don't use it. In your case I'd first try testing the working key setting with the right parameter before touching the aircraft.cfg... that is why I asked what key you were assigning.

Yeah, my rudder moves fully left but doesn't move to the right. The keys are the same in FSX and FSUIPC.

Have you tried using a different key, just for testing purposes? I mean... you said the LEFT rudder command worked fine for you (which is parameter 2), why don't you try setting the same key that worked for the LEFT rudder with the parameter 3 instead, and see if it moves to the right.

Did that and the rudder moved to the right but not left.

Yeah, my rudder moves fully left but doesn't move to the right. The keys are the same in FSX and FSUIPC.

Did that and the rudder moved to the right but not left.

what keys are you trying to use for the left, right and center parameters? Remember the keys you use for the script must *not* be assigned to any key whatsoever in FSX and FSUIPC. It must be a free, completely unasigned key.

It seems there is a problem with assigning the "Enter" key on the Numeric keypad to any function (not just my script) via FSUIPC. I'm waiting for Pete Dowson's feedback to see if there is any such report. In the meantime, you should map this functionality to a different set of keys (the numeric keypad "+" works fine).

I'll get back to you as soon as I know more.

cheers

-E

Thanks Andy, I just noticed. It seems this issue will have to wait. Like I said earlier, in the meantime the solution is to map a different key than "numeric enter" for rudder input.

cheers

-E

I can't reverse engies. I follow any instruction on the "INSTRUCTIONS.pdf"(press "set idle" key[F1] and hold "Move throttle back"key[F2]),but still not work.Please check that and thank you for your sharing.

I can't reverse engies. I follow any instruction on the "INSTRUCTIONS.pdf"(press "set idle" key[F1] and hold "Move throttle back"key[F2]),but still not work.Please check that and thank you for your sharing.

Hello,

can you please share this informations:

1. how are you controlling your throttle?

2. What have been the steps until you wanted to activate your REV Thrust?

3. if you use, which throttle controller are you using?

4. do you have FSUIPC reg. version?

Thanks to you,

Sascha

Hi yky123, most probably you are using an F2 key which is still mapped in FSX as default throttle control. Try setting a different unassigned/free key (for example, the "T" key) and try setting it up just like it appears in the PDF (the parameter to set in FSUIPC would be "2").

Let me know how it works for you.

cheers

Enrique

Hello,

can you please share this informations:

1. how are you controlling your throttle?

2. What have been the steps until you wanted to activate your REV Thrust?

3. if you use, which throttle controller are you using?

4. do you have FSUIPC reg. version?

Thanks to you,

Sascha

1.By keyboard.I set keys same as the PDF.F1=set idle F2=Move throttle back, and so on.

2.all step are same as the PDF.Set lever to idle position than hold F2(Move throttle back)

3.X

4.Yes.It is ver.4.60a

Hi yky123, most probably you are using an F2 key which is still mapped in FSX as default throttle control. Try setting a different unassigned/free key (for example, the "T" key) and try setting it up just like it appears in the PDF (the parameter to set in FSUIPC would be "2").

Let me know how it works for you.

cheers

Enrique

Still not work,I have remove one FSX key and use that key for test.I setting it up same as the PDF(parameter 2),But its only work when throttle is not on the idle or reverse position.

Chirag, you can use my script with a Joystick button as well. In the PDF instructions manual you will find a section that explains how to do it.

Hope this helps

-E

Chirag, you can use my script with a Joystick button as well. In the PDF instructions manual you will find a section that explains how to do it.

Hope this helps

-E

Thanks I will use your script.

1.By keyboard.I set keys same as the PDF.F1=set idle F2=Move throttle back, and so on.

2.all step are same as the PDF.Set lever to idle position than hold F2(Move throttle back)

3.X

4.Yes.It is ver.4.60a

Have you calibrated your joystick proper with FSUIPC? What changes have you made in FSUIPC regarding your throttles?

It really only works with FSUIPC 4.8.I have updated to ver4.8,and now it is works.Thank you everyone.for helping.

Can i reupload and share it to other forum?I have to reupload it because of the china's great firewall.

Archived