"landing memo" stuck

ahuimanu

The co-pilot and checklist feature is very nice. However, on about 50% of the flights I do, the female co-pilot gets stuck in the descent/approach step where she calls for the "landing memo." She then repeats this phrase until I shut FSX down.

Hi. This issue did arise during testing, however it was intermittent. I believe it gets stuck if some previous action hasn't been completed by the FO perhaps due to a bug or the user has pressed a button or switch in the cockpit that has then thrown off the FO program.

These issues will be investigated further.

First try to fly complete route with checklist function on but without co-pilot function. Perform all checks and actions by yourself. If this doesn't help I believe we have a bug.

For me this kind of hangup sometimes happened during landing checklist and checked "Landing memo ok" just after it came up on ECAM display.

This is second thing to verify and might cause the issue: When checklist hangs on "Landing memo" call-out is the actual Landing Memo visible on upper ECAM display?

fly every flight without co-pilot only checklists enabled. Last flight everything was ok and I got the "Check no Blue" at Landing Memo. I dont know its difficult to reproduce!

In deed it is :) That's why we didn't fully solve it as I see. It happens rarely. Just post here when you encounter it next time specifying if Landing memo was on upper ECAM when that happened.

just did my first landing was all great, but after leaving the runway, the FO would not stop calling out "autobrake" im not sure why, the Autobrakes were disengaged and i checked the temp and they were not hot, so im not sure why she kept calling that, I use Autobrake Low for landing. However after parking i switched the autobrake Max on and the CPT said "autobrake Max" and then she stopped saying it. not sure if that means you should use Max on landing for it to not call that over and over again or what.

• Deputy Sheriffs

In the CL we have included a check if the "landing memo" is still active in the upper ECAM. So this has to be clarified. There are two conditions for this "landing memo": FL must be lower than 2.000 radar altitude and thrust levers CLB or lower.

So if one of you is using Dual Hardware Throttles it might be possible that the levers are not 100% synchronized i.e. maybe one is still on CLB.

Please check.....

Hanse

I get a few different annunciators stuck.

The typical one for me is "Set Go Around Altitude". Even after I set it (and don't press in or pull out on the FCU), she doesn't recognize it. Then after landing, she switches to the "Landing Memo" loop.

I also had a new one last night, where she got stuck on "Baro Reference Set".

I get a few different annunciators stuck.

The typical one for me is "Set Go Around Altitude". Even after I set it (and don't press in or pull out on the FCU), she doesn't recognize it. Then after landing, she switches to the "Landing Memo" loop.

I also had a new one last night, where she got stuck on "Baro Reference Set".

Set go arround altitude: You have to check the MCDU for the last waypoint on your missed approach flightplan. My go arround on LOWI was 11500 - otherwise checklist stuck.

I stuck also on the "baro reference set" twice. first: The issue was that I used REX - and for some reason the QNH I got from REX wasnt the right baro as in FSX - so the checklist stuck - second: I entered the baro reference to early - on the callout I had to play with the baro refrence knop +-3 and then the cross check callout resumed.

Cheers

Yes, you need to ensure the Baro is correct and also that the Go Around altitude is set at the published altitude based on the AIRAC installed.

If you get these correct then the checklist should continue.

I've experienced the landing memo stuck at the end of my approach.

This is how it happens:

- I was too high to capture the glide path (a bit because of the Vdev function who's not working properly)

- the landing memo announce starts.

- I set my alt to 00100 on the FCU,

- I reduce my speed (selected) to 150 kt, then initiate an OP/DES in order to expedite my descent and reaching the glide path at a correct speed

- the spoilers was set on max.

- I've capture the G/S below 2000 ft (I think at about 1300 ft)

- I set the speed to "managed", then it started to rise (I think to reach 250 kt)

- so I disconnect the AP and ATHR, then finished the landing manually.

I made this approach with the correct BARO setting.

Until the end of the flight, the landing memo announcement continue, even I've performed the rest of the checklist without any problem.

Hope this description could help.

Cheers

I also experienced a Landing Memo Loop after landing and it continued even after i shut down the aircraft.

Some hints:

Approach was flown manually (FD on but Autopilot Off)

Extremely late - near the minimums (DA) the landing checklist was read :-)

Then the loop of the lady came "Landing Memo".

It did not stop - even after having activated the automatic copilot.

Kind regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

there are so many different procedures used during "Landing" that it is very different for us to "cover" all those procedures in programming the checklist. But we did some tweaking which will be included in the next hotfix. I will close this thread and mark it as "solved" for the time being. If after installing the hotfix (I do not know a release date) the problem is still existing then open another thread......

Hanse

Archived