Version 1.19 graphic anomaly?

Rusty flyer

Hi folks,

It's been a while, but I've a new PC now, and I've therefore begun to set it up, install [all] the software (a total pain-in-the-___ :lol: ), etc. Thus, my initial Andras Field install on this new system was the full version 1.17. I followed this by installing [into the AF directory] the two subsequent and recent incremental updates- v.1.18 & v1.19. I installed them directly onto the existing, newly-installed full version 1.17.

As always, AF is wonderful and nifty, and I would not do without it. I have noticed two things about which, hopefully, you may have some thoughts, ideas or suggestions:

1) See the photos below. It seems that, for the AI yellow car *only*, there is a graphic artifact, a dark black line, that extends from the car, no matter where it is located at the time, to full across the extent of the AF scenery boundaries- regardless of what other objects may be in the path thereof. This seems to happen only with the yellow car as evident by the photos below. The final photo almost makes it appear that this is an artifact from the car's shadow perhaps. Please let me know what you think.

2) I remember that, some time ago, we had discussed the disappearance of the ambient sounds that had otherwise been so integral to earlier AF version releases. With the current v1.19, some of the ambient sounds have returned, but they appear to be much more muted and much lower in intensity. I do not hear the ambient social gathering voices in the residential houses section of the Airpark anymore, nor is the waterfall very loud- unless you are nearby it via taxiing, etc., the discussions adjacent to the diner seem much less apparent, etc. I found the sounds to have been an enjoyable and significant, if not subliminal, part of the overall immersive AF experience, and I miss their greater intensity! :lol: . Would it be possible to reintroduce the more robust ambient sounds with later version releases?

Thanks a bunch, Rusty

post-7219-0-23139600-1317397778_thumb.jp

post-7219-0-65045800-1317397779_thumb.jp

post-7219-0-17855800-1317397781_thumb.jp

post-7219-0-74845500-1317397782_thumb.jp

post-7219-0-81563500-1317397784_thumb.jp

:lol: Maybe the yellow car is a special agent by Men In Yellow , to seek out what we really do in Andras after flying. Sure they noticed our BBQ, festivals, Beer orders and AVGAS Pipeline, which is sometimes used for my special brewed scotch in my house ^_^ .....and mysterious looking planes & pilots :funkychick_s:

Rusty.

Its not due to the latest update. I have had the problem here and there since.... well at LEAST for 6-7 months - only sometimes. I simply never got around to reporting it to anyone. Ill ask Andras.

Hey there Ole,

Thanks much! You are right- I actually noticed this anomaly after installing v1.17 on the new machine and prior to my installing the two subsequent updates. The funny thing is, I never noticed any such things on the old machine nor with the older release versions thereon. Whereas my last system was running Win7 Hm. Prem., the my new i7-960 system is running Win7 Ult. The only other very significant difference between the two systems is that the new system's graphic card is Nvidia GTS 450, whereas the old one's was the 250 series. Could it possibly have to do with the difference in the new card possessing GDDR5 memory versus the DDR3 memory of the old card? I don't really know, as I am not really a computer person- just brainstorming with hopes of assisting in tracking this thing down ;) . Let me know if there is any other info. that I may provide [with regard to my system, my installation, etc.] to help Andras and the folks pin this one down.

Thanks again, Rusty

• 2 weeks later...

Its not due to the latest update. I have had the problem here and there since.... well at LEAST for 6-7 months - only sometimes. I simply never got around to reporting it to anyone. Ill ask Andras.

Hi Ole,

Any luck, or word from Andras, on this one? Not that it is a big deal, but just curious as to Andras's thoughts regarding this.

Thanks a bunch, Rusty

Hi Folks,

I wish I knew where those lines come from, but I do not.

This case is the typical test-devil case, where it is very to do anything until I can reproduce it here.

This may happen if one has the 'Aircraft casts shadow on itself' option turned on.

But I will try to reproduce it and will investigate as much as I can.

regards

Andras

Hey there Andras,

Thanks very much for your response and for taking a peek at this issue. It's not really all that critical, and I know that you have a lot on your plate, so not to worry- I know that you will ponder it when time permits ;) .

Hopefully, the fact that this issue seems to pertain *only* to the yellow car will help you track the solution down. Evident by the #06 photo above, even though the other AI vehicles are also casting shadows (if you look very closely, the shadow under the nearest gray truck to the right of the yellow car is just faintly visible under the vehicle), this problem seems to only manifest itself for the yellow car. Thus, perhaps the slight differences in the yellow AI car's programming attributes versus the others' may point us toward a solution. Please let me know if I can help in any way in tracking the cause down!

howdy,

i've seen a long time ago a similar problem and have searched for this the last days here in the forum. now i found it:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/19654-problem-mit-ga-2-nordlichter-traffic/page__hl__nordlichter

though it's in german, you can see the same lines from the AI traffic. this time, it have been ships. the solution was very simple: deactivating the corresponding .bgl file. but which could it be this time?

Thus, perhaps the slight differences in the yellow AI car's programming attributes versus the others' may point us toward a solution. Please let me know if I can help in any way in tracking the cause down!

Hi,

Thanks, I see, but it sounds even more confusing to me. Where does the yellow car come from? Is it a part of the scenery or something else? Is it static? Is it one of the moving vehicles I did, or it comes from somewhere else?

Please help me...

regards

Andras

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks, I see, but it sounds even more confusing to me. Where does the yellow car come from? Is it a part of the scenery or something else? Is it static? Is it one of the moving vehicles I did, or it comes from somewhere else?

Please help me...

regards

Andras

4 Nov.

Hi Andras,

I had always thought that the yellow car was an intended part of Andras Field, and that it was part of its AF's AI cars group. I do not have any traffic addons, etc., so I do not suspect that it is an intrusion caused by another addon. Additionally, the yellow car seems to know where to go! That is, it makes the appropriate turns, it stops at the barracade, etc. Hopefully this helps :).

Rusty