How about a gift from you!

Dear Aerosoft

First can i say thanks for bringing us beautifull destinations to fly to, and fly in, i wondered why you dont set up a loyalty scheme maybe based on points and after we buy enough we could claim a freebie, scenery, aes credits, or if not totally free points we could use to put towards stuff, just a thought.

Regards from London

Chris

• Aerosoft

We would really like something like that, but it is technically not easy to do with our shop system.

But we do give out free products to good customers. Every two months or so I check the sales lists and contact the people who have more or less send their credit card to us.

Haha, cheers guys, looks like i will have to get my card out a bit more often!!

Chris

You should also consider giving of yourself in forum contributions. Worthy ones' that is, not just to increase the size of the post count!

• Aerosoft

You should also consider giving of yourself in forum contributions. Worthy ones' that is, not just to increase the size of the post count!

We are working on something to make sure that people who contribute on the forums (assisting others) get some rewards for that.

• Upvote 1

We would really like something like that, but it is technically not easy to do with our shop system.

But we do give out free products to good customers. Every two months or so I check the sales lists and contact the people who have more or less send their credit card to us.

Hi Mathijs,

Would I not qualify for your list consdering my purchases here over the last 4 years? The most recent being a couple days ago...

D'Andre

• Upvote 1

Hi Mathijs,

Would I not qualify for your list consdering my purchases here over the last 4 years? The most recent being a couple days ago...

D'Andre

I could ask the same as I've already bought over 30 products, but I don't think that it's ok to ask him to give you a free addon. That's his decision and you can be happy if he dicides to give you a gift.

Anyway I think there are guys who buy much more than you or me and those guys are getting the addons then.

It never ceases to amaze me people who enter into a financial arrangement with a contractor expect some kind of emotional contract at the same time. A naive interpretation of what these `loyalty` rewards are designed to achieve - they are not rewards, they are incentives...

This is especially prevalent in this hobby and is naive, fundamentally at odds with the financial exchange that forms the contract. It really does need explaining to some people that buying something does not invite you to become part of the family - in either direction!

Just because you use a licensed, purchased copy of Windows doesn't mean you're going on holiday with Bill and the kids... :blink:

One might suggest that the sales incentives, discounts and competitive pricing that apply to all, not just a qualifying few, spread the love far better than giving one person something simply because they are a customer. I can't believe there are many who buy Aerosoft products simply because they are released by Aerosoft, rather than because they actually want the product itself? (If there are, then step this way gentlemen, I have a massive financial opportunity for you in Nigeria...) :D

On the other hand, contributing to the development and support of the hobby base is certainly something that should be rewarded. Aerosoft already do this, as all who do already know.

• Upvote 2

Perhaps aerosoft could make a freebie scenery for all. You know something small, doesn't have much commercial potential but none the less is very cool. That's a freebie to me.

Perhaps aerosoft could make a freebie scenery for all. You know something small, doesn't have much commercial potential but none the less is very cool. That's a freebie to me.

You mean like the freebie they've just done for people who dont own Andras Field, to enable them to fly online also. Or do you mean like the existing 2, yes 2, free airfields that fit in great with the German Airfield packages? The moral to this story, never under estimate how tight fisted a flight simmer can be :lol:

Edit: for those who are too lame lazy to do there own searching:

Free Andras Field

German Airfield free Wasserkupppe

German Airfields Boberg (Scroll down to the airports list)

• Upvote 1

The moral to this story, never under estimate how tight fisted a flight simmer can be :lol:

This is an expensive hobby, Matt... We have to be tightwads, and I expect you fit that category as well. :D

Getting back to the topic about freebees, Aerosoft has been extremely generous to me with free software.

This is an expensive hobby, Matt... We have to be tightwads, and I expect you fit that category as well. :D

Getting back to the topic about freebees, Aerosoft has been extremely generous to me with free software.

I cant say being tight is really part of my nature. After all theres no point being the richest person in the grave yard. I'd sooner "waste" all my money on the things in life I enjoy, rather than save for a rainy day.

Lucky you Bruce!!

• Upvote 1

It never ceases to amaze me people who enter into a financial arrangement with a contractor expect some kind of emotional contract at the same time. A naive interpretation of what these `loyalty` rewards are designed to achieve - they are not rewards, they are incentives...

This is especially prevalent in this hobby and is naive, fundamentally at odds with the financial exchange that forms the contract. It really does need explaining to some people that buying something does not invite you to become part of the family - in either direction!

Just because you use a licensed, purchased copy of Windows doesn't mean you're going on holiday with Bill and the kids... :blink:

One might suggest that the sales incentives, discounts and competitive pricing that apply to all, not just a qualifying few, spread the love far better than giving one person something simply because they are a customer. I can't believe there are many who buy Aerosoft products simply because they are released by Aerosoft, rather than because they actually want the product itself? (If there are, then step this way gentlemen, I have a massive financial opportunity for you in Nigeria...) :D

On the other hand, contributing to the development and support of the hobby base is certainly something that should be rewarded. Aerosoft already do this, as all who do already know.

Don't airlines do this with free upgrades to loyal members??? I am a Gold Medallion member with Delta, that comes with a lot of free stuff. So yes, generally customers who purchase an abudant of a product do generally expect something more in return. This is why Mathijs does give something to those people and I think it's fair although maybe a loyalty program might me a better way of doing it like every 10 or 15 products you buy you get one for free. I like FSDT's program on discounts based on what you buy and not just based on holidays... And I buy what I like and not just because Aerosoft made it. Believe me there are a lot of products I havn't purchased here but there also a lot I did over the last 4 years. Mostly AES credits about $240 bucks worth so far. I admit... :blush:

• Upvote 1

After all theres no point being the richest person in the grave yard.

True, but you don't want to be living in the poorhouse before you get there.:lol:

I spend a good percentage of my disposable income on this hobby, so I don't feel guilty accepting an occasional scenery or aircraft as a thank you for my business. I wish more developers would do the same, many I've supported have given me nothing.

Lucky you Bruce!!

Thank you, but most of them were not simply given to me. I've won a couple of them through contests, a couple others were acquired as a result of purchasing a piece of scenery, ie Andras Field, I also serve as the monthly screenshot competition judge.

Don't airlines do this with free upgrades to loyal members??? I am a Gold Medallion member with Delta, that comes with a lot of free stuff. So yes, generally customers who purchase an abudant of a product do generally expect something more in return. This is why Mathijs does give something to those people and I think it's fair although maybe a loyalty program might me a better way of doing it like every 10 or 15 products you buy you get one for free. I like FSDT's program on discounts based on what you buy and not just based on holidays... And I buy what I like and not just because Aerosoft made it. Believe me there are a lot of products I havn't purchased here but there also a lot I did over the last 4 years. Mostly AES credits about $240 bucks worth so far. I admit... :blush:

With airlines the system is diferent. I serve as HON Circle member for Star Alliance. The diference is that the- they do this so that you stay as a passanger for the airline and don't change to eg One World member airlines. The system can't be applied to the simmers products, because the products mostly(Zurich does) doesn't overlap and basically you don't have a choice. The system Mathijs(Aerosoft in question) has is very good and appropriate and doesn't seem that it need's some immprovments. Doing the system you suggested by the 10 or 15 products isn't gonna pay off it self because you can buy these products in long time terms eg 1 or 2 years. Do Airlines do the same? No! They give you ammount of 1 year (HON Circle 2 years) to accomplish the needed flight or mile ammount for recieving something back. Why does this work? Because the ticket price is 10 to 100 times bigger then the price for a addon(That's why low cost airlines doesn't have this system). In these airline costumer relationship both get piece of action not talking about the size of the money bags airlines have...

With airlines the system is diferent. I serve as HON Circle member for Star Alliance. The diference is that the- they do this so that you stay as a passanger for the airline and don't change to eg One World member airlines. The system can't be applied to the simmers products, because the products mostly(Zurich does) doesn't overlap and basically you don't have a choice. The system Mathijs(Aerosoft in question) has is very good and appropriate and doesn't seem that it need's some immprovments. Doing the system you suggested by the 10 or 15 products isn't gonna pay off it self because you can buy these products in long time terms eg 1 or 2 years. Do Airlines do the same? No! They give you ammount of 1 year (HON Circle 2 years) to accomplish the needed flight or mile ammount for recieving something back. Why does this work? Because the ticket price is 10 to 100 times bigger then the price for a addon(That's why low cost airlines doesn't have this system). In these airline costumer relationship both get piece of action not talking about the size of the money bags airlines have...

Actually Delta miles are for life no expire date and I do think it should be that even if you purchase 10-15 products over 4 years it's still a good deal. And the point is for it to pay off for the customer. If the customer knows there is a free product down th line it may influence to purchase more...

Actually Delta miles are for life no expire date and I do think it should be that even if you purchase 10-15 products over 4 years it's still a good deal. And the point is for it to pay off for the customer. If the customer knows there is a free product down th line it may influence to purchase more...

Personaly I don't make purchases based on being given freebies, rather purely on the merits of the product and whether or not said product appeals to me.

• Upvote 1

Personaly I don't make purchases based on being given freebies, rather purely on the merits of the product and whether or not said product appeals to me.

Exactly, the diference is that making a decision by the ammount and quality is very appealing, that's why there is markrting teams, departments and hereos.

Well there shows the diference of markets through out the world. There are many reasons why Delta is using this system (Hold on I'll get back on topic). 1. Alliance system, they really can't deviate from Skyteam rules. 2. American Airlines, they have the (If I'm Correct) the biggest net through out USA of destinations, so Delta has to provide something that will get the passanger to them not the other plane. In Europe from the other hand, there isn't very much choice, is there? Star Alliance is the biggest, and Lufthansa owns a lot of companies. So the same may apply on the public when buying a product(In this topic Aerosoft) there isn't a big alternative(if there would be I'd still buy Aerosoft's) to their production in Europe. I see your point of view this is just my opinion and I'm not trying to be mean just expressing my thoughts on the difernces between two aviation related busineses.