How about a gift from you!

You guys are reading too much into this. The bottom line is it's simply nice for Aerosoft to have such a program where customers get a chance to get a little more of a discount besides holiday discounts when we are most likely to already spending money on other things. I am sticking with my opinion that a free product for those loyal is a pretty cool thing which Mathijs confirmed they do. It would be nice to know however, what the criteria is... Im my opinion, if FSDT can do discounts based on purchases(and they are much smaller than Aerosoft) then I think AS can too. Of cource I am not an Exec at Aerosoft, so I don't know what thre situation is on the inside. I am just saying it would be nice to build on such a program although we don't expect it. And I know if such a program existed for you to opt into, you would guys take advantage of it weather you agree with me or not.

Exactly, the diference is that making a decision by the ammount and quality is very appealing, that's why there is markrting teams, departments and hereos.

Ditto, I make all my purchases based upon value judgements not about promises of future gifts. I would never be influenced into purchasing something I don't want by the implication that down the line there might be a freebie. Do I know I even want that freebie?

It might be different for airlines, with fixed regimens, standardised products and a consistent base matching the needs (plane leaves on time from the airport of choice, takes you where you are going, lands on time, safely having fed and watered you en route) but there is simply no evidence whatsoever of the same degree of consistency in simdom. When was the last time a product was released on time, and needed no subsequent patching...? (Rhetorical question!)

Instead of vacuous rewards points, make the bloody products a little bit cheaper, now.

Far better solution and helps everyone, not the self-aggrandising few who think they are more important than others simply by the number of their purchases. The difference between `valued` and `gullible` can be measured by those marketing teams and departments, and it is that they exploit.

Personally, I think Aerosoft has the price/performance quotient pretty much bang-on.

Since the freebie is always a downloadable product of your choice, why wouldn't you? :lol:

That's the point. Do I download it because I want it, or because it's free..? And the same thing applies to other rewards, they are never applied across the board, but rather to specific products or services selected for you. You don't give away the golden egg and the goose... :blush:

Sure they are... When I get freebies for being the monthly screenshot judge, I pick what I want.

Yes, but that isn't an accumulated reward. It's a `thank you` in kind for services rendered. Do you declare it for Tax purposes? Benefits in kind count!

Simply spending money isn't justification for services rendered when it involves nothing more than a straight financial transaction.

Right there Simon. What is it with some I do not know. Since when does simply buying from a dealer automatically justify me getting some reward or benefit in kind? Any scheme in place is going to come from the dealer. Asking for it in such a blatant fashion is often conceived as downright rude.

One of the oddest requests I believe I have seen to date.

And just because x dealer offers this kind of benefit does not justify the request to dealer y. Plain bad manners in my book.

Andrew

• Upvote 1

Since when does simply buying from a dealer automatically justify me getting some reward or benefit in kind?

If you're consistantly putting bread and butter on their table, why shouldn't they put a little on yours once in a while?

I could ask the same as I've already bought over 30 products, but I don't think that it's ok to ask him to give you a free addon. That's his decision and you can be happy if he dicides to give you a gift.

Anyway I think there are guys who buy much more than you or me and those guys are getting the addons then.

I have purchased around 60 products during the last 4 years (more or less) and never saw one "bonus" out of it. Nevertheless, Mathijs was very generous giving me a freebie due to my contribution for Andras Field and I won another 2 due to my activity in Andras Meridian VA. I really think Aerosoft chooses "good customers" not neccessarily based only on the amount spent with a credit card. Since it is a private company they can have any preferences they want for anyone they want based on any cosideration they want and this is ok and understood. I agree to the stated before that business is business and in the forum post telling about the Aerosoft staff members we can see how many families need to keep making their living out of us buying the products (and with all the piracy temptations in the market this is not self explanatory). Just my personal feeling without criticizing anyone, I never bought one single product from Aerosoft thinking to be a "frquent flyer", I did buy it because my experience showed I'm getting very good quality products from a solid company and together with the very best customer post-sale support I could ever ask for supporting my hobby. But anyways, if there will be some kind of a "frequent flyer" program, please count me in :D

• Upvote 1

I have purchased around 60 products during the last 4 years (more or less) and never saw one "bonus" out of it. Nevertheless, Mathijs was very generous giving me a freebie due to my contribution for Andras Field and I won another 2 due to my activity in Andras Meridian VA. I really think Aerosoft chooses "good customers" not neccessarily based only on the amount spent with a credit card. Since it is a private company they can have any preferences they want for anyone they want based on any cosideration they want and this is ok and understood. I agree to the stated before that business is business and in the forum post telling about the Aerosoft staff members we can see how many families need to keep making their living out of us buying the products (and with all the piracy temptations in the market this is not self explanatory). Just my personal feeling without criticizing anyone, I never bought one single product from Aerosoft thinking to be a "frquent flyer", I did buy it because my experience showed I'm getting very good quality products from a solid company and together with the very best customer post-sale support I could ever ask for supporting my hobby. But anyways, if there will be some kind of a "frequent flyer" program, please count me in :D

Your post says it all, 100% agree and nothing more to add!

• Upvote 1