beta Patch 1.01 doubt

Skkuda

Hi people....

Want to know if this patch includes the new feature called Quick Setup?

I patched my version to 1.01 but it doesnt seems to have it or what its worse I dont know how to acces to it.

When I hit Shift+3 only got original configuration windows but no Quick setup window.

Thanks in advance

Quick setup can only be seen when you load the aircraft or start a flight. You will see a menu at the top left, like you were used to before the patch, which says what state the plane is in etc. etc. That menu used to disappear automatically after a few seconds. The quick setup options have been added to that menu. Now the menu only disappears when you select the desired state.

Quick setup can only be seen when you load the aircraft or start a flight. You will see a menu at the top left, like you were used to before the patch......

Ok....Now I feels like Im in troubles because I never see that at the top left......I only get options menus when I hit Shift+3

Now I will run to the sim to check few things.....and will come back ASAP

Thanks J!

I also found that sometimes I do not get that screen when I load the plane. After the plane has been loaded just do a reset. (reload) from the menu (use ALT key to bring up menu and then select reset from menu). the 2nd time it load the plane, it work 100% of the time for me.

Thanks, bliksimpie, for that tip as I also wasn't always seeing that little menu in the upper left of the screen. I believe the key combination " CTL ; " will also do a reset.

• Aerosoft

Thanks, bliksimpie, for that tip as I also wasn't always seeing that little menu in the upper left of the screen. I believe the key combination " CTL ; " will also do a reset.

Indeed.

When FSX first loads an aircraft the results are not 100% predictable, we have seen that problem before.We have tried to solve that with waiting loops etc with solid results. But a reload will always fix that.

No reload required - Quick Start menu always reachable by using `Shift + A` from the F9 VC (or scrolling through the views by repeatedly pressing `A`). :D

No reload required - Quick Start menu always reachable by using `Shift + A` from the F9 VC (or scrolling through the views by repeatedly pressing `A`). :D

Not always sir.. I still have to reload sometimes to get the quick start. Sometimes I go through the views ending up with a blank view.. Only reload bring it back..

Another solution would be to load the flight with an default aircraft and then switching to the Katana.

Perhabs I could last the menu forever until the user clicks an ok button? I will search for a solution.

Another solution would be to load the flight with an default aircraft and then switching to the Katana.

Perhabs I could last the menu forever until the user clicks an ok button? I will search for a solution.

As far as I can tell, the menu will now also appear if the Katana is the default airplane. For some reason it is smaller than usual in that case. If I reload the aircraft, everything is fine.

Additionally I added an "NONE" button to the Quick-Settings. This will close the menu in the case you don't want to wait until it disappears.

• 2 weeks later...

Why isn't available keyboard shortcut for quick setup menu?

Because it's a conditional setup menu, used only when loading the aircraft for the first time that session. If you need to get back to it there are a number of tips in the forum.

I set a keyboard shortcut to reload the aircraft (I don't remember if there was a default key mapping). I just press Ctrl+Shift+R, the aircraft reloads and the menu pops up.

I set a keyboard shortcut to reload the aircraft (I don't remember if there was a default key mapping). I just press Ctrl+Shift+R, the aircraft reloads and the menu pops up.

With the new update we are working on, the menu should always appear... No need for aircraft reload then. ;)

With the new update we are working on, the menu should always appear... No need for aircraft reload then. ;)

Well er... if you want to change states later on (after choosing one using the menu or clicking on the new NONE button and the menu is gone) you will still need to reload the aircraft to get back to that menu. -_- It's not just that people sometimes don't get the menu at all (which will be solved with the update): sometimes they need the menu even though it did load well at the start of the flight. ;)

Well er... if you want to change states later on (after choosing one using the menu or clicking on the new NONE button and the menu is gone) you will still need to reload the aircraft to get back to that menu. -_- It's not just that people sometimes don't get the menu at all (which will be solved with the update): sometimes they need the menu even though it did load well at the start of the flight. ;)

No this menu is just meant to configure the aircraft at the beginning of the flight. Everything later has to be done by the pilot. If you want your aircraft to be set later (what could be compared to cheating ;) ), you have to use the instructor mode. Sorry, everything else would make the realistic mode useless. :)

No this menu is just meant to configure the aircraft at the beginning of the flight. Everything later has to be done by the pilot. If you want your aircraft to be set later (what could be compared to cheating ;) ), you have to use the instructor mode. Sorry, everything else would make the realistic mode useless. :)

O, don't worry: I won't 'cheat' like that. In fact, I never ever load a state: my state is always the one I want now (parked) because I leave the plane in that state too. But I was just thinking along for those who do like to er... cheat... laugh.gifwink.gif