very harsh autoland

Martin Pampiermole

It could just be me...

I believe the autoland is very harsh. I know autolandings are not smooth, but a touchdown with -800k is a bit fast. The plane does flare, but really late.

I run fspassengers at all my flights. With a touchdown that fast, the tires always explode. I know that is not any concern to aerosoft, but I was told that most autolandings are -400 or so.

Is this speed of descent normal at the airbus?

Martin

• Aerosoft

-800 is way to hard and I have not see it here. Are you sure you where not in some nasty weather? And that you were at the correct speed?

And not too heavy for landing? You should try not to land with more then 30% fuel left.

-800 is way to hard and I have not see it here. Are you sure you where not in some nasty weather? And that you were at the correct speed?

And not too heavy for landing? You should try not to land with more then 30% fuel left.

Weather okay. Speed to. Fuel might be the problem. I'll try it with less then 30%.

Thanks for the quick reply

Martin

• Aerosoft

Thanks for the quick reply

That's what we are here for!

We are not 100% happy with autoland btw, they have been a real struggle to program while at the same time using a FBW system and I would expect some tweak to that in the days to follow.

Well, I tried it with low fuel, no weather and speed 120k. Decent rate is -800 until 300ft, then drop to 600-500ft. Stil pretty fast. Seems to be okay until 400ft from touchdown. Flare is very late (about 100ft from touchdown)

Now I tested further: The aircraft seems to loose the ILS sometimes.

And something else: I cannot enter the ils/freq entry in the cdu. It stays grey, whatever I do. If I enter the freq at the top of the nav/rad page and the course underneath it still works.

I hope I express myselve clearly.

Martin

Well, I tried it with low fuel, no weather and speed 120k. Decent rate is -800 until 300ft, then drop to 600-500ft. Stil pretty fast. Seems to be okay until 400ft from touchdown. Flare is very late (about 100ft from touchdown)

And something else: I cannot enter the ils/freq entry in the cdu. It stays grey, whatever I do. If I enter the freq at the top of the nav/rad page and the course underneath it still works.

Martin

It did work when I had very little fuel and at a speed of 100knots

Could you post a picture of the instruments at 400ft?

VOR1 is used for ILS in the Aerosoft model. Enter VOR1 freq and course on the nav/rad page.

No problem! Very clear.

• Aerosoft

Martin

Yes, we use the default VOR1 as FSX uses that and it allows us to stay compatible with the hardware people have to insert freqs.

Good to know it worked better with less weight. As said we'll keep on looking at this as we are not 100% happy. Your report helps!

Don't have the AirbusX yet but I notice you only have 8.5fps!

Maybe the harse autoland is because FSX/AirbusX cant manage the autoland properly at such a low FPS?

Does it still autoland harshly if you turn down your scenery/weather settings and land with say 25 fps?

Don't have the AirbusX yet but I notice you only have 8.5fps!

Maybe the harse autoland is because FSX/AirbusX cant manage the autoland properly at such a low FPS?

Does it still autoland harshly if you turn down your scenery/weather settings and land with say 25 fps?

This is a landing at Heathrow. I have an add-on scenery. This part always slows the fps, don't know why. I have 30-60 fps in cruise. In fact the airbus x has the best framerates I have seen in a add-on.

Don't know if my hard landings are frame rate depended. Interessting thought. I'll try another flight in the morning.

Martin

Some calculations in FSX are done "per frame".

This means the lower the Framerate the longer the time between recalculation of the required values.

So with too low FPS the calculations can´t keep up with current event.

Finn

Some calculations in FSX are done "per frame".

This means the lower the Framerate the longer the time between recalculation of the required values.

So with too low FPS the calculations can´t keep up with current event.

Finn

Interessing! I try a few other airports.

However, it could be a problem for many pilots. I understand that a lot of people have low fps when landing

The problem is the weight at landing, I tried many CAT3/Dual Autoland with many passengers and maximum cargo. Every(!) landing ended with a blowout of my tires in FS Passengers because every landing was about 500 ft/min. Using the A321 with less passengers and cargo is no alternative for me, because I need it for earning money with FS Passengers ;). With FOB less than 30% and a CONFIG3 with FULL(!) flaps and a speed a liitle bit less than VAPP works sometimes.

It depends not on the framerate, because I am using a configuration for ILS flight which gives me more than 20fps and the Airbus X is very good for my framerates.

Regards Joerg

Problem not really solved. I had low fuel, but a lot of passengers. Almost crashed. Flared myself then. Saved a few broken bones.rolleyes.gif

Pics on request:

post-32885-128353892882_thumb.png

post-32885-128353897525_thumb.png

Hi from your second picture it looks like the flare begins to early,shouldn't it be normally around 30ft?

David Di Domizio