Some issues and suggestions

hotas

First of all, i want to say aerosoft and simcheck did a marvellous job on this bird.

I realy love flying this one.

On the other hand i have some remarks:

1.Brake temperature: warning light comes up with no reason at all. As already stated in this forum.

2.Pushback backwords: wheels do not turn. A shame: looks like FS 1998!!!!Airplane seems to glide over the surface. Not a great job of the betatesters.

3.Light section: lights look very poor in comparison with the default aircraft with shockwave redux.

Can supplier provide lightfile to configure Shockwave?

4.Suggestion: braking sound when applying brakes. Sound is great when lowering gear. Can not be so difficult i think.

I refer to the braking sound in FS Passenger

5.Auopilot: flew different flights with autopilot and the INS.

Seemes to me the AP reacts quite nervous and instant instead of a little bit more smooth.

Maybe this could be considered in next SP??

But: keep up the good work.

GREETS

1.Brake temperature: warning light comes up with no reason at all. As already stated in this forum.

2.Pushback backwords: wheels do not turn. A shame: looks like FS 1998!!!!Airplane seems to glide over the surface. Not a great job of the betatesters.

3.Light section: lights look very poor in comparison with the default aircraft with shockwave redux.

Can supplier provide lightfile to configure Shockwave?

4.Suggestion: braking sound when applying brakes. Sound is great when lowering gear. Can not be so difficult i think.

I refer to the braking sound in FS Passenger

5.Auopilot: flew different flights with autopilot and the INS.

Seemes to me the AP reacts quite nervous and instant instead of a little bit more smooth.

Hi,

Glad you like the aircraft!

1. Yes there was an issue with the brake temperature, this has been fixed in SP1 or version 1.20 as we call it here wink.gif which btw is available for download from your Aerosoft account

2. I will talk to Oli (modeling) and see why that is, I don't know which variable is used exactly to spin the wheels but I presume this is standard FSX behavior, should'nt be too hard to fix

3. Until now I had never even heard of "shockwave redux". The aircraft is not designed specifically with any add-on in mind however. I agree that cabin lighting is rudimentary but this was a compromise between eye candy and fps, we will see in the future if we can enhance that maybe

4. Honestly, most aircraft don't make too much sound when braking so I'm not sure which sound you would want to hear, I've flown a lot through the years and I can remember only 2 instances where there was a clear breaking sound in a commercial airliner...

5. That is strange, the A/P was made to react very smoothly in fact. Which axis do you feel is reacting too briskly ? I checked our turn rate versus that in the real aircraft and I also checked with our pilot advisors and they thought the rate of change is quite smooth. IAS mode reacts a bit slower even than in reality.

In defense of the beta testers I have to say they have done a great job. Many people underestimate what it takes beta testing a project like this one. It's not 1 week of flying around having fun, it's testing and retesting the same issues over and over again, for weeks and months on end. I don't think anyone "missed" the fact that the wheels where not rotating, it's probably that no-one actually expected this in the first place, I know I didn't.

Björn

Simply download the installer from Your account again and install it ontop of Your present installation, and it will be updated to 1.20.

Finn

it has to be a clean installation of version 1.20, please install the previous versions 1st

Take care

I think what you suggest is "uninstal" the previous versions 1st! Am i correct?

I think what you suggest is "uninstal" the previous versions 1st! Am i correct?

Hi

Sorry if I wasn't completely clear. This is a complete new version of the aircraft not a patch and requires you uninstall the previous version to prevent any issues.

I hope that helps biggrin.gif

Well, the wheels rotation use the standard FSX variable. In fact they should turn... they always spinned on my system :D maybe you have the parking brake set?? FSX lets you push back with the parking brake set, it will make no difference. But the wheels on the main landing gear will stand still. So this might be the issue there ;)