LOWI Texture resizer

DogStar

Hi ...

is there a possibility for a texture resizer (like FSDT does on their sceneries) for LOWI ?

Today I did a Eurowings memory flight to LOWI and the FPS were partly well below 20 ... which took away a lot of my flying - pleasure :unsure: ...

Or could maybe someone explain how I could do this myself ?

Hi Bruce ...

nice idea :) ... I will have a look if I`m clever enough for such an edit. The number of files shouldn`t matter ... I`m pretty sure, that my PC would resize even 40.000 files if I ask him to ;) ... 400 could be a problem if I`d do it via Photoshop ...

Hi Bruce ...

nice idea :) ... I will have a look if I`m clever enough for such an edit. The number of files shouldn`t matter ... I`m pretty sure, that my PC would resize even 40.000 files if I ask him to ;) ... 400 could be a problem if I`d do it via Photoshop ...

Via CS / Photoshop you can do it automatically too lol or just write your own batch file via the command line image tool /?

The number of files shouldn`t matter ... I`m pretty sure, that my PC would resize even 40.000 files if I ask him to

If you check the batch file used by FSDT, you will notice a resize line that has to be written for each bmp file in question, along with a delete line for each of the high resolution files after they get resized. A Commodore 64 could resize them, I'm talking about writing the batch file.

Hello:

I have not looked into this since FSX first was released, but I was wondering if there had been some more definitive conclusions on the effectiveness and advisability of modifying textures for performance due to the reported potential loss of visual quality. :)

I found this on the FSDreamTeam forums, referencing what I believe was a post by one of their top programmers Umberto Colapicchioni aka "virtuali"

Quote from: virtuali on April 28, 2009, 11:24:30 AM

"You wouldn't get much benefit in FSX, the reduction is size only matters with FS9, that can't load textures in background as efficently as FSX.

You will obtain the same effect, by putting down the global texture slider one notch down, which will force 1024x1024 textures to be used at 512x512"

Was there an additional thread there or elsewhere known to anyone here that discussed an effective FS texture down-sizing protocol for less powerful systems? :blush:

Thanks for any further info you could share on this! ;)

GaryGB

As I am obviously not clever enough to do the batch file by myself, I would love it to hear something about that issue from the developers :) ... especially as many customers complain about rather bad performance ... even with up - to - date PC`s ...

• Verified Developer
As I am obviously not clever enough to do the batch file by myself, I would love it to hear something about that issue from the developers :) ... especially as many customers complain about rather bad performance ... even with up - to - date PC`s ...

Hi,

whenever a new scenery is released the same discussion about frames come up. :rolleyes:

The question is : what does "rather bad performance" mean in detail? We tested the scenery in nearly every configuration and did not recognize massive performance hits. But anyway - I will produce a set of smaller ground textures (the photo tiles) and will post an address where to download it this weekend.

greetz

Hi Gianni ...

it`s true ... upon the release of new sceneries we often hear discussions about perforrmance issues ... sometimes rather discontent as in this case, sometimes

rather pleased, if a major airport including a dense city scenery shows performance close to default (e.g.FT`s KaiTak).

So there is absolutely no need for " :rolleyes: `s" - just be thankful for the hint, as the option of resized textures will surely bring You new customers ... simply by changing some textures, enabling non - cray - operators to enjoy a smooth LOWI approach, and making a wonderful scenery even perfect :) !

QUOTE (DogStar @ Jun 30 2009, 20:08 ) As I am obviously not clever enough to do the batch file by myself, I would love it to hear something about that issue from the developers smile.gif ... especially as many customers complain about rather bad performance ... even with up - to - date PC`s ...

Hi,

whenever a new scenery is released the same discussion about frames come up. rolleyes.gif

The question is : what does "rather bad performance" mean in detail? We tested the scenery in nearly every configuration and did not recognize massive performance hits. But anyway - I will produce a set of smaller ground textures (the photo tiles) and will post an address where to download it this weekend.

greetz

Hi Gianni,

First of all, thank you for this great scenery; it is truly amazing. Do you have any updates on the resized textures? I am one of the costumers suffering a performance hit, and the smaller ground textures "might" help (not sure about it, but I want to give it a shot).

Anyway, again, congrat for the scenery, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Miguel

• Verified Developer

Hi Gianni,

First of all, thank you for this great scenery; it is truly amazing. Do you have any updates on the resized textures? I am one of the costumers suffering a performance hit, and the smaller ground textures "might" help (not sure about it, but I want to give it a shot).

Anyway, again, congrat for the scenery, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Miguel

I am sorry, but I could do this job last weekend. But I will post about the availability on short notice here in this thread.

greetz

I am sorry, but I could do this job last weekend. But I will post about the availability on short notice here in this thread.

greetz

Hi

Any news about LOWI resized texture?

Thanks

Edin

• Verified Developer

Hi

Any news about LOWI resized texture?

Thanks

Edin

I resized the summer textures already - but I am a little bit busy these days. With my machine the positive performance effect is not too tremendous. But anyway - I should be ready with all the textures in the next couple of days. Please stay tuned.......

greetz

• Verified Developer

Dear all,

I am glad to inform you that the resized textures are now available and ready for download via the official product support page.

The textures are 512x512 pxls each and are available for all seasons. I must be stated that - of course - the sharpness is a little bit worse than in the genuine textures; but I guess this tradeoff is acceptable. Installation is easy and described in the included readme-file.

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU MAKE BACKUPS OF THE GENUINE TEXTURES!!!

allways three greens!

gianni

Wouldn`t it be a good idea to upload the resized textures somewhere, where people can find it and NOT in the rather nameless FF - forum ? :rolleyes: ...

Yes, it's a good idea and therefore it's available at the Aerosoft-Support-database too.

That's the best place for them. And I've got them from there too (not needed on my PC to be honest). ;)

Ciao,

Rainer.

Yes, it's a good idea and therefore it's available at the Aerosoft-Support-database too.

That's the best place for them. And I've got them from there too (not needed on my PC to be honest). ;)

Ciao,

Rainer.

What about those people that downloaded from Simmarket ?

Thanks

Hello Brzl,

If updates are available in the FAQs/Updates Section at www.aerosoft.com then regardless of where you purchased the updates should still be obtainable.

You just register yourself and your product at the aforementioned section then the updates are accessible to you.

Hello Brzl,

If updates are available in the FAQs/Updates Section at www.aerosoft.com then regardless of where you purchased the updates should still be obtainable.

You just register yourself and your product at the aforementioned section then the updates are accessible to you.

Gottcha. Thanks