Mallorca x landing crosswind Md11

Nice One Mr. mhimhi!

But, for those situations, in large birds we usually don't bank the aircraft too much to keep it centered for the approach. The technique pilots use is called a "Crab" or a Side-slip. Crabbing: Aeronautics. (of an aircraft) to head partly into the wind to compensate for drift.

There are three main reasons for it why pilots don't bank large birds to correct for drift on approach:

1. You can slam those large wings into the ground if you bank at low altitudes or just above the runway.

2. At approach speeds you lose a lot of aileron control effectiveness.

3. Rapid banking manuevers make passengers scared and sick.

Here is what a side-slip looks like:

(Notice at touch-down the B747's nose is pointing almost 45 deg's off the center of the runway; this is done using a lot of Rudder and a little of Aileron)

Both really nice video's! Well done for the FSX video! How did you make the movie? Using a replay? In FS9 this causes the fact that AI is not shown anymore...

Very nice video indeed! What kind of computer are you using??? CRAY??? These frames in FSX - incredible!

Win seven rc

Intel i7@3.8 ghz.

12 Gb di Ram ddr3 1600 ocz

NVIDIA gtx 285

FSX sp2 acceleration

mhimhi,

A gorgeous video, really! And I'm very strict about calling something good.

I liked it so much that even these airbus GPWS calls in an MD-11 didn't bother me at all.

A very good and realistic one. Congrats!

And yes, you have an outstanding performance in your FSX!

Such a good one I may reconsider.... (enough, my colleagues from the FS9 camp will kill me)...

BigThumbs.gif

Best regards,

Rafal

• 3 weeks later...

WOW i need to get an i7 now and i have a 4.2ghz core2 with a gtx 280,i get good fps but no where as smooth as that,what fsx settings are you using?