Livery Request & Exchange

Hey everyone! I found another liverie that I really really like! Namely the J-236!

There are 3 pictures of it on Airliners.net. (link= http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.sear...inct_entry=true)

It's very unique (or was). It has a day and night paint scheme. The left side of the aircraft is dark with golden stars and a moon while the right side is lightblue with clouds. :D I would really love to be able to fly this one! :P

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey everyone! I found another liverie that I really really like! Namely the J-236!

There are 3 pictures of it on Airliners.net. (link= http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.sear...inct_entry=true)

It's very unique (or was). It has a day and night paint scheme. The left side of the aircraft is dark with golden stars and a moon while the right side is lightblue with clouds. :D I would really love to be able to fly this one! :P

I would like to see this one as well. :D

Thank you.

Just a quick attempt for fun and a new Minnesota texture at AVSIM if interested.

MN155B1.jpg

Mr. yago9,

Your the Man! B)

Absolutely interested; I want them both ...

Also, how can I get those awesome afterburner nozzle textures on all my birds? Is it a simple "copy this file here" method or is it even possible without having to redo all the specific model(s) textures?

.., how can I get those awesome afterburner nozzle textures on all my birds? Is it a simple "copy this file here" method or is it even possible without having to redo all the specific model(s) textures?

I can remember if I modified those or not,it may just be the default nozzle..Copy F-16C_6_T from my MN115 and add it to any repaint folder see if you get the result you wanted it.!

Just a quick attempt for fun and a new Minnesota texture at AVSIM if interested.

Hmm ok im happy you got that one out of y hands.....LOL

So i can go further with the normal skins of the Dutch airforce...

Good job

Hmm ok im happy you got that one out of y hands.....LOL

So i can go further with the normal skins of the Dutch airforce...

Good job

Thx but I dont plan to develop any further that special Dutch texture..it was just a 30 minutes try out of curiosity..I,ll stick to USAF paints.

Mr. Yago9,

Thx but I dont plan to develop any further that special Dutch texture....

Well I hope you finish and post this one at least. :huh:

..it was just a 30 minutes try out of curiosity..I,ll stick to USAF paints.

Yes, I love those (USA) textures and your Israeli ones too. ;)

BTW: Your F-16C_6_T.dds file placed in the specific aircraft texture folder didn't resolved the issue fully but in part (the inside of the AB part).

I wanted this type of look ----- The default look is (with your modified file for the internals look great) B)

post-13668-1240180565_thumb.jpgpost-13668-1240180556_thumb.jpg

I found a file called F-16C_6_Specular.dds in the "...\Aerosoft F-16C Clean\Texture" folder which, if deleted/removed causes the models to revert back to this purple-brown texture found in both the F-16C_6_T.dds and F-16C_6_Specular.dds files.

post-13668-1240180573_thumb.jpg

If this part of the texture(s) is/are modified that will make them have a far better look then the LOW-quality Purple/brown look. Would you be able to make a change to those files - F-16C_6_T.dds and F-16C_6_Specular.dds ?

post-13668-1240181018_thumb.jpg

Could you do that? :unsure:

16C_6_T.dds does not have or needs bump and specular files.Cant find any 16C_6_Specular.dds file anywhere in my computer. I,ll see what I can do about those PW exhaust petals but those that you liked in the MN ANG shot are GE.

16C_6_T.dds does not have or needs bump and specular files.Cant find any 16C_6_Specular.dds file anywhere in my computer. I,ll see what I can do about those PW exhaust petals but those that you liked in the MN ANG shot are GE.

Mr. Yago9,

The F-16C_6_Specular.dds file is in the "...\Aerosoft F-16C Clean\Texture" folder (I have v1.0 -> v1.20 installed). It may be missing from your files; but, I can send it to you if you'd like?

Also, I'm aware that one is a PW and the other GE engines; but, the texture quality is lacking in those PW exhaust nozzles. Thank you for considering updating them; I know that your version(s) will definitely look awesome. B)

Thank you again!

:)

The F-16C_6_Specular.dds file is in the "...\Aerosoft F-16C Clean\Texture" folder (I have v1.0 -> v1.20 installed). :)

Ok, sry I found it . I,ll try few more PW petal variations .Here,s one.

AR256C.jpg

Awesome! B)

Its a far cry better (image look and quality) then the default PW one. Thanks a million!

Looks a bit odd in my opinion. Not how the real PW nozzle looks like, that's dark, almost no shine, basically what the texture is now. But if it make you happy... :D

Thx but I dont plan to develop any further that special Dutch texture..it was just a 30 minutes try out of curiosity..I,ll stick to USAF paints.
Ok, I'll take that one up. I was planning to do that one sometime anyway but totally forgot about it. Don't expect anything soon though.

Looks a bit odd in my opinion. Not how the real PW nozzle looks like, that's dark, almost no shine, basically what the texture is now. But if it make you happy... :D

Mr. Vin,

I hope my comments didn't offend you; I really love your work! But, with all the beautiful High-Res textures out there, it seemed a shame not to update this one too. And, I prefer the authentic look of the PW model nozzles in service here in the U.S. which have a more bluish-metal look to them; JMO.

BTW: Love your AB/Canopy textures replacement package. B)

Not really,..both F16 nozzles are much lighter and shiny than dark almost no shine..Actually i just looked at hundreds of photos from airliners.net ,and lighter golden PW nozzles are overwhelmingly there.

Darker,it may look better in the game but from what I noticed not so accurate or popular.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/G...-16C/0424463/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Belgium---A...ting/1447337/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Belgium---A...ting/1283427/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Belgium---A...ting/1379620/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Belgium---A...ting/1465060/L/

I came up with this final PW exhaust....

Mr. Yago9,

That is really awesome! B)

when you are done please post it somewhere; I know a couple of individuals besides myself that wanted it too.

I owe you a beer (or lunch if you are a minor)! :D

Not really,..both F16 nozzles are much lighter and shiny than dark almost no shine..Actually i just looked at hundreds of photos from airliners.net ,and lighter golden PW nozzles are overwhelmingly there.

And I can show you hunderds of photos proving otherwise...but let's not fight over this. The color of the nozzles defer engine by engine, one looks darker than others do. But I must say your final PW exhaust looks just fine :)

And I can show you hunderds of photos proving otherwise...but let's not fight over this. The color of the nozzles defer engine by engine, one looks darker than others do. But I must say your final PW exhaust looks just fine :)

I go with that.....

I wasnt picking a fight ,I just noticed that fact about PW nozzles ,so they can,t look odd if lighter...but I do agree the dark ones look better in the game. Arkansas paint has the new PW exhaust

included.Ohio ANG was uploaded also at avsim.

f16c_usaf_ohio098-3.giff16c_usaf_ohio098-2.gif

I wasnt picking a fight ,I just noticed that fact about PW nozzles ,so they can,t look odd if lighter...but I do agree the dark ones look better in the game. Arkansas paint has the new PW exhaust

included.Ohio ANG was uploaded also at avsim.

Thank you Mr. Yago9 for those repaints. Should I just copy the F16C_6_T.dds file from this package to the F16C Clean texture folder replacing the older ones with it?

Thanks again!

Should I just copy the F16C_6_T.dds file from this package to the F16C Clean texture folder replacing the older ones with it?

You can try but back up the original file first.

You can try but back up the original file first.
Ok! I'm downloading it now ... Also, if you decide to make the darker looking one (which looks better in FSX), that would be cool too.

Thanks a bunch Yago9!

I owe you a beer or lunch. :D

BTW: I don't know if you've made any more repaint plans or not; but would you ever consider doing these CFT repaints: HERE If you have time and are interested. Thanks! :)

Archived