Release : Mega Airport Frankfurt X

• Aerosoft

Frankfurt has always been one of the most important airports released by Aerosoft, and we are proud to release Mega Airport Frankfurt X at this moment. The same file will install for FSX and for FS2004 (please note complex airports mean strong hardware demands in FSX) and that there are upgrade options for both download and boxed versions. All information about that one the product page.

megaairportfrankfurt_6.jpg

megaairportfrankfurt_23.jpg

megaairportfrankfurt_33.jpg

megaairportfrankfurt_18.jpg

megaairportfrankfurt_25.jpg

megaairportfrankfurt_12.jpg

Looks good. Definately has sharper textures. One quick question though for Rainer rather than Mathijs (I assume Mathijs took his copy of FS9 out to the backyard and burned it a long time ago {joke} ). What differences, if any, are there in framerates between the old FS9 version and the new one?

I ask because this airport was my benchmark for max performance on my aging PC (meaning if an airport required more CPU power to run than EDDF then my PC couldn't handle it).

this airport was my benchmark for max performance on my aging PC (meaning if an airport required more CPU power to run than EDDF then my PC couldn't handle it).
True, true! And it still is so for my ager. I was considering the same problem. Earlier in this post (as well as on the German forum) Rainer presented some screens with the FPS counter on. Looks like the performance is going to be similar.

Although I wish the new version was more efficient, I doubt so since Frankfurt (together with Amsterdam and London) for Europe is almost like JFK for N.America - a framerate black hole. The reason why for offline flying I sacrificed AI traffic by turning it off and changing my airports into deserted islands.

Which is a pity since Fraport is my favourit aerodrome with all its colouful and exotic tail logos.... :(

Best regards,

Rafal

Downloading as this reply is being sent ;) but I do not have the pleasure to enjoy this wonderful scenery as I'm overseas :angry:

Do we need to uninstall the old MAF2005 or do we just install the new MAF2008 and the installer will take care of the rest?

Not much comments yet on this product, maybe they've assumed that this release was for FSX? (I know I did until I read the release statement by Mathijs TWICE :P )

Just have to wait for the release of AES 1.96 to go along with this product.

Thank you very much Aerosoft and looking forward to more release of your revamped German Sceneries B)

Thank you for the info Mathijs.....we'll be sure to do just that ;)

Anyway, when can we looked forward to a new release of other German Sceneries like Munich?

The release of MAF2008 has really caught me off guard, as the pics has just been released just recently and next thing you know the product is available @ Aerosoft :o

Looking forward to your next release of wonderful sceneries.....keep surprising us all :lol:

Are there any changes between the old and new fs2004 versions?

New: Parking position for the A380

New: Lufthansa A380-Hangar

New : Cargo- parking positions at the southern border of the airport

New: Maintenance hangar at the former military section

New: Sound barrier at northern border of the airport

and much more... :rolleyes: