Switzerland Pro

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great, perfect for low and slow!

What will be the difference between the FS9 and the FSX version? I guess the mesh will be the same (10m, right?) ... #autogen? texture res?

Boxed only ... mmm ... :unsure:

Anyway : sure buy, no matter the cost!

Wow, great news ! A must buy for next fall... The price says 130 €

I had bought an equivalent product 1 year ago that covered switzerland, it looked terrible and loading time where of about 20 minutes !

Uninstalled it and resold it on ebay. I hope the loading times won't be so important with this release...

Good Lord, thats about $200. lol Where did you see the price listed?

I have no technical details about this - but if the mesh is 10m (as with the previous version), this doesn't seem unreasonable. To my knowledge, 10m mesh for Europe is extremely expensive!

I have no technical details about this - but if the mesh is 10m (as with the previous version), this doesn't seem unreasonable. To my knowledge, 10m mesh for Europe is extremely expensive!

According to the FlyLogic page its only 2m photo scenery and 20m mesh, and I know 20m mesh data is available as freeware for that area. While I didn't see a price for the FSX version I noticed the old version is listed as 129 Euro and 139 Dollars, so maybe the US price won't be $200. I just guessed that based on exchange rates.

According to the FlyLogic page its only 2m photo scenery and 20m mesh, and I know 20m mesh data is available as freeware for that area. While I didn't see a price for the FSX version I noticed the old version is listed as 129 Euro and 139 Dollars, so maybe the US price won't be $200. I just guessed that based on exchange rates.

Sorry, I meant 19m, not 10m ... my mistake ... That's freeware for all of Switzerland now, really? Wow! :o

One important question, do you have a rough idea of the disk space that will be required for the scenes.

Because I am planning a reinstallation of my FSX and need to know how much space will be needed for the total install.

Thanks in advance ;)

One important question, do you have a rough idea of the disk space that will be required for the scenes.

Because I am planning a reinstallation of my FSX and need to know how much space will be needed for the total install.

Thanks in advance ;)

flylogic's website tells:

Installations-Größe: 16 GB FSX Version, 1 GB FS2004 Verson

I guess this needs about 4-5 DVDs

--

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say this does look rather good, Flying from Geneva to Sion to Interlaken and back is one of my favourite short trips, I look forward to seeing more info on this product.

The screenshots look stunning but the price will be decisive for me. I'm sure the probably high price will equal the quality but it's still a lot of money for someone with a normal paycheck. Oh well. I love flying there. Maybe I'll have to start to put some money asside for this product. ;)

Sorry, I meant 19m, not 10m ... my mistake ... That's freeware for all of Switzerland now, really? Wow! :o

No I'm wrong, the freeware is only 38m. Sorry for the confusion. I'll probably have to get this package, as I've always considered it to be one of the most beautiful areas in the world.

any news about the scenery?

On the homepage of Switzerland professional pro (www.flylogic.com) the status has changed from "release in June" to "in Production". I hope that means the CD-Factories are copying the DVDs and that we will find that scenery soon at Aerosoft's (or for me living in switzerland a still warm copy in my post box).

Greetings,

docehrenhoefer