Munich V2 and VDGS

Alexander Gammel

Hi Guys, last Jear i bought in The MSFS Marketplace the Munich scenery. So now the V2 came with the VDGS. I installed today Aerosoft One and the VDGS. Now its nit working and i need help! At first the Airport couldnt be verified: PACKAGE_NAME_UNVERIFIED . The second Problem: AsDEx version mismatch detected

PLS help me, thanks 

best wishes! 

Alex

• Aerosoft
Am 23.6.2023 um 19:36 schrieb Alexander Gammel:

Hi Guys, last Jear i bought in The MSFS Marketplace the Munich scenery. So now the V2 came with the VDGS. I installed today Aerosoft One and the VDGS. Now its nit working and i need help! At first the Airport couldnt be verified: PACKAGE_NAME_UNVERIFIED . The second Problem: AsDEx version mismatch detected

PLS help me, thanks 

best wishes! 

Alex

Hi Alex:

make sure that "Verbose=1" is set in your "aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.ini" so that we actually get the full logging output, before loading the sim into EDDM trying to load up the vdgs. Afterwards, please attach your full "aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.log" file which you can find in your aerosoft-vdgs-driver folder for us to review in here.

One thing you definitely need to do before it will work is change the package name in the file EDDM_VDGS.xml (to be found in your ...\Community\aerosoft-vdgs-driver\airports folder).
in the <Airport > block there needs to be an entry that says packageName="aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich" - I think it says "sim-wings-airport-eddm-munich" after initial installation.

• Deputy Sheriffs
16 minutes ago, WernerAir said:

One thing you definitely need to do before it will work is change the package name in the file EDDM_VDGS.xml (to be found in your ...\Community\aerosoft-vdgs-driver\airports folder).
in the <Airport > block there needs to be an entry that says packageName="aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich" - I think it says "sim-wings-airport-eddm-munich" after initial installation.

I dont think you are right:

Add-on name in the community folder: simwings-airport-eddm-munich

according line in the EDDM_VDGS.xml: packageName="simwings-airport-eddm-munich"

And these two must fit IMHO.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb mopperle:

IMHO there is a problem with your path: MSFS 2020\Community\Community\ One "community" too much.

This should not matter if this path is set correctly in the config.ini of the Sim.

I have the same issue... I updated the scenery via MSFS Marketplace and got the latest VDGS from Aerososft One but when I open the VDGS software it doesn't recognize EDDM as an available airport!

• Aerosoft

Currently we think the issue is indeed caused by the marketplace changing the package name..as a quick workaround you can open up the airport.xml file and alter the following attribute accordingly:

packageName="simwings-airport-eddm-munich,aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich"

This should make sure both packages are recognised by the vdgs driver.

An official update to the xml via AO incorporating this adaptation shall follow in due time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hi guys,

AO should now also reflect the afore-mentioned fix, so pulling the latest update should be enough to make it work. If it does not, please come back in here.

• Thanks 1

Hi guys, when I remove the Second Community folder, nothing works. In this second folder, there are only the VDGS Driver etc. nothing else. I put them then into the normal Community folder and like I already set, nothing happens :(

• Aerosoft
18 hours ago, Alexander Gammel said:

Hi guys, when I remove the Second Community folder, nothing works. In this second folder, there are only the VDGS Driver etc. nothing else. I put them then into the normal Community folder and like I already set, nothing happens :(

That is after updating?

Habe die Marketplace-Version von EDDMv2 und in der EDDM_VDGS.xml den Simwings-Teil entfernt. Es steht dort jetzt lediglich packageName="aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich" und damit klappt es!

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
Am 5.7.2023 um 19:56 schrieb Alexander Gammel:

Yes, after the Uppdate, ASDex is not comparable :(

Please login to display this image.

Hi Alexander,

what exactly do you mean by "not comparable"? Please attach your log file taken from the latest updated version.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft
Am 26.7.2023 um 10:01 schrieb Alexander Gammel:

Hi, it’s a picture before the Update, but I installed it as you can see in pictures before.

Hi Alexander:

in your last log there is still this error present:

Please login to display this image.

So for some reason the module was not able to identify the Munich airport package as being installed. As this "might" be related to the "AsDex Version mismatch" you are receiving downstream of this error I first want to find out what is causing the airport package not being recognized suspecting some corrupted install somewhere.

So, can you please reattach a new log file from where you are loading into Munich airport and bring up the vdgs-driver user interface?