Twin Otter moved to new owner

I am asking myself if this isn't worth an own Thread, as many people ask why this addon has been taken away from all shops.

Quote from M. Kok: "To be honest it sold brilliantly and we are very happy with the way the product is now moved on to a new owner."

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think some people need to adjust their expectations. There has been made a deal between 2 business partners. And there is zero obligation against anybody for those business partner to unveil details about the deal they have made. The only question that is important for existing customers is, can they expect support for the product they own. And this has already been answered.

If and when there are furtrher details to be announced is upon the business partners. And I'm sure, if there are any details being relevant for customers. they will be announced when time has come.

So I personally do not understand the need for another topic.

• Like 1

vor 20 Stunden schrieb mopperle:

So I personally do not understand the need for another topic.

Maybe some customers are just interested in what happens with the product. Of course i know that it does not affect my actual installation of this addon.

Sorry if this topic is undesired...

All I know is:

- Aerosoft has handed the Twin Otter to a new owner

- Said owner and Aerosoft have some mechanism in place (as promised by Aerosoft) that the Twin Otter’s existing customers won’t have to pay a dime for continued support and updates for the aircraft

As far as I’m concerned, it could be Asobo/Microsoft owning the Twin Otter and it could be free, which would be a bit of a let-down for people that have paid for it already, but I honestly kinda…don’t care? Either way, it seems like I get an updated Twin Otter soon.

Am 28.4.2023 um 11:14 schrieb Ha_Ma:

Quote from M. Kok:

Need to catch up with the recent development. So AS sold the Twotter? If yes then details should be announced asap and not „when the time has come“. I mean this is an actual product with active users and customers. So I would expect a swift update let alone to address support requests. Will AS continue to cover these via this forum?

• Aerosoft
On 5/2/2023 at 11:05 PM, LH4371 said:

Need to catch up with the recent development. So AS sold the Twotter? If yes then details should be announced asap and not „when the time has come“. I mean this is an actual product with active users and customers. So I would expect a swift update let alone to address support requests. Will AS continue to cover these via this forum?

I am sorry, but why are you entitled to know what we sell to whom? Being an owner of a product gives you the right to use it, not transferring parts of the copyrights to you. 

For you as a customer absolutely nothing changed, you still have exactly what you paid for, and nobody will stop you from using it, when you need support we will give it to you.