Twin Otter DHC-6 / In den Online Shops nicht mehr verfügbar

Respectfully, this is quite unusual. I found out via a news page that Aerosoft ceased selling this product in their on shop. I understand, that the support for the product will go on, which is good. Yet support usually does not include future updates/development features for this product. I understand, that AS is not at liberty to discuss the reasons but it would be indeed good to know, what this actually means for existing owners. And is it to assume that other products published by Aerosoft could follow? This product’s availability in the Marketplace is not really reassuring if I may be so honest – it could just be, that MS takes longer to take down a product from their Marketplace. Aerosoft surprisingly phasing out its own product with no further information is a bit unsettling. Especially with regards to other products one might own. 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft

I am sorry, I am simply not allowed to explain the background of this decision. As I explained, soon all will be clear and it is not bad news for sure.  We did not have any major updates planned for this product and we do not have any of that planned now. As I said yesterday, this has nothing to do with any other project and there is no intention to move any other project from our shop.

21 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

[...] and it is not bad news for sure.  [...] and there is no intention to move any other project from our shop.

Thank you, for pointing this out. Especially the latter part was of importance to me - and I am sure to others as well. 

• Aerosoft
2 minutes ago, Pete76 said:

Thank you, for pointing this out. Especially the latter part was of importance to me - and I am sure to others as well. 

Yes, I understand that. I get you.

But we have invested a shit load in Aerosoft One and the DRM that is used there.  At this moment we have the only non-cracked DRM for MSFS aircraft.  And I bet you did now even know we had DRM running and that is exactly how it should be. One allows you to install DLC without even having to enter a serial.  It would be silly for us to drop that. 

• Like 1

vor 25 Minuten schrieb CannonousCrash:

Whatever is going on with the Twin Otter, will current owners get a discount further down the line when whatever happens... happens?

+1

11 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I have no idea.  Sound silly, but is true.  Nobody at this moment knows. 

Thanks for replying and I hope whatever the reason it, its good for the aircraft. 

On 4/1/2023 at 1:52 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

The product has been removed from the shop(s) because it will be relaunched at a later date as part of another project.  So in its current form (or rather as it was),  it will not return.  I think it is still available on the marketplace though.

And no, not an April 1st joke.

I guess that my issue is that if you pulled it from all other retail outlets that means I am up to assume that there will not be any future updates, and you have just said as much in this thread. Considering the poor state of the sounds and flight model, which was promised previously to be fixed, it just seems to be a case of you cutting your losses and abandoning your customers while still duping people on the MSFS marketplace into purchasing a product that is no longer supported. If you do plan on supporting it through the Marketplace, what is a customer like myself supposed to do? Something I am almost certain you are not going to do. 

From what I can glean, you are simply pulling a current product to repackage it into a more expensive "bundle" of some kind to get me to shell out a few more dollars to get what I feel that I am owed from my initial purchase. You do you, but considering the negative press and comments this is receiving I think you know you screwed up and are simply doing damage control. That is all, of course, conjecture and I will wait and see what is done. If this, or something similar transpires, I will never give you another dime and I would encourage others to do the same. 

• Upvote 4

Literally just purchased this a few days ago, mainly for the jump plane (which apparently receives plane damage when you open the jump door in flight, thank God that doesn't happen in real life, then again that is what a parachute is for, LOL). I guess you could say I am lucky or unlucky or both. Nice to see that it will still be supported, although I may have held off if I knew that there might be a new version coming out. Either way it doesn't create a lot of confidence in making further purchases. Hopefully those of us with the Twin Otter will be part of the update.

• Aerosoft
On 4/7/2023 at 12:04 AM, mmatga2me99 said:

Literally just purchased this a few days ago, mainly for the jump plane (which apparently receives plane damage when you open the jump door in flight, thank God that doesn't happen in real life, then again that is what a parachute is for, LOL). I guess you could say I am lucky or unlucky or both. Nice to see that it will still be supported, although I may have held off if I knew that there might be a new version coming out. Either way it doesn't create a lot of confidence in making further purchases. Hopefully those of us with the Twin Otter will be part of the update.

You bought a product. We stand fully behind that product but never made any promises that it would get new features. If you are not happy with the product you bought from Microsoft simply ask for a refund. It really is as simple as that. Never buy any product that promises to deliver after you paid for it.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
On 4/5/2023 at 3:51 AM, pmrobinson said:

From what I can glean, you are simply pulling a current product to repackage it into a more expensive "bundle" of some kind to get me to shell out a few more dollars to get what I feel that I am owed from my initial purchase. 

And you simply could not be more wrong.  I promise you we will not do that, Aerosoft will not ask for a single penny for any future version. None, zero, nada. Print this post. Wait, let me do that for you!

Why not simply wait before making statements like you did? I find it mildly amusing that people seem to need to find some horrible scheme behind anything we do.

Print this and confront me when we violate that, okay?

Please login to display this image.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

so let's stop blaming aerosoft for their misleading communication and look forward to whatever happens to the Twotter, when and where it will be re-issued. 

Even though the speculation about WU13 was rejected, it doesn't mean that the Twotter won't come in another Microsoft/Asobo related form. Not so much as a "historic" legend, but since we still haven't seen any WU covering classic bush flying regions in Asia, Africa or Latin America ther will be plenty of oportunities to present the Twin Otter in a bundle with a later WU. All historic/legendary ACs that MS/Asobo sold so far were developed in cooperation with renowned software comanies and offered quite good quality for the prize. Well, but thats pure speculation. 

Till then, I am happy flying the current Twotter in it's many configurations and confident that Matthijs Klok didnt't lie when he promised to continue the support. 

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...
Am 4.4.2023 um 18:32 schrieb Aerosoft Team:

soon all will be clear

Remembers me to PMDGs posts about their EFB. Soon became their trademark. But how soon is soon? Just curious …

• 1 month later...

yeah, would be nice for existing customers to get some sort of update more than 6 months after Aerosoft seemingly abandoned the plane. Its in a horrid state still, all this time after release. Is there any hope of getting a worthy Twin Otter at this point?