Simple Traffic Xbox

VorTechS

Hi all,

I know that on release there were problems with Simple Traffic, and that it wasn't available in SU10 (which I'd been using since Beta). 

But I see now on Xbox that it no longer appears in Content Management and can't seem to find any formal announcement on what the state of play is with this add-on.

Is there one?  Will ST be coming back?

As a developer myself, I understand there are always bugs, so I'm not about to start ranting an raving or demanding refunds, but I'd like to know if it's on the roadmap to make an appearance again sometime in the (near) future?

I'd rather have incorrect or repeated liveries over the default dull ones...!

• Aerosoft
On 9/12/2022 at 2:53 PM, VorTechS said:

I'd rather have incorrect or repeated liveries over the default dull ones...!

As would we all, but it simply is not functional on Xbox at this moment.  As said we can not predict when (or even, if) the product will be available. 

• 2 weeks later...

As a long time user of FS, at the beginning of the year I transitioned to the XBOX Series X believing it would give me the stability that has been lacking for what seems like a lifetime. It is very disappointing to find out that you are unable to commit to giving a new release date for what was always quite straightforward - Ultimate Traffic was a good example of this. 
What is more annoying is that I obviously paid money for this product, that actually worked 9 / 10 times, only to have it removed with some update. Is there a way of resurrecting this within the XBOX system? 

If this product is not going t o return, how do I get my money back. Please don't simply say ask Microsoft!

Regards

David

• Aerosoft

Well, we simply do not know when it will be available again. Currently the functionality is simply broken on most airports and we do not know why. Something working 9 out of 10 times is simply unacceptable on the Xbox platform . Customers would not accept or understand it. 

When that is solved? We simply do not have that information. We are not able to change the product, it is 100% written to the SDK, it has no bugs we know of.  So if a change is needed, we first need to know what. And again, we simply do not know. 

Keep in mind that we are unable to test DLC on Xbox, the first time we see it run is when it is released.  Also on release dates, the only thing we can is submit a product to the Marketplace and then it is fully up to Microsoft. They decide when a product is released, we have no influence over this. You will ask Microsoft to get your money back, they have agree to refund these orders. 

So I am sorry but for all the issues you mention you will have in fact have to ask Microsoft! Wish it were different. Simple Traffic would sell very very easy on the Xbox platform and we certainly would like to sell for that!

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Mathijs,

I am wondering if with the release of SU11 we can have Simple Traffic back in the XBox Marketplace. I own it in PC from a while ago (bought straight from Aerosoft web) and seems to be working fine with the new msfs traffic update, but I play msfs more in the Cloud/Xbox nowadays for convenience.

I would love to be able to have your addon while I fly on Xbox and I would be even prepared to buy it again, on the Marketplace this time, if it was released on Xbox.

I also wrote to Asobo via Zendesk for them to re-include the addon on Xbox marketplace and their reply was that Simple Traffic developer was the one responsible to add it to the MarketPlace not them.

So, please, let us enjoy the Simple Traffic fun again on XBox!

Cheers

• 2 months later...

With the recent improvements to memory that have reduced CTDs on Xbox and the upcoming completion of WASM as of Sim Update 12 in March, I wonder if that will help you all in getting this highly sought after product back in the marketplace. Looking forward to it. 

• 1 month later...

This thread over at the Official MSFS Dev Support Forum might be helpful to readers in understanding. It's basically due to a limitation in XBox for optimization. Despite MS' best efforts, XBox is still constrained by system design. 

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/14453/xbox-vs-pc-settings-and-our-product.html

On 3/28/2023 at 2:36 AM, Casualclick said:

This thread over at the Official MSFS Dev Support Forum might be helpful to readers in understanding. It's basically due to a limitation in XBox for optimization. Despite MS' best efforts, XBox is still constrained by system design. 

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/14453/xbox-vs-pc-settings-and-our-product.html

I have their product installed as well on Xbox, and it works flawlessly. I see parked Embraer's, taxiing Embraer's and flying and landing Embraer's with all their corresponding liverys. Nothing wrong with it. I'm on Series X.

• 3 weeks later...

Although I understand the issue is memory constraints, I was wondering if the change in the Marketplace testing process might help in efforts to have this product back on xbox?

I really miss this on xbox and it was one of the best add ons for immersion. 

When it was initially removed, I was under the impression that the next update to the sim would remove it from the content manager anyway, rather than still being available if still installed. 
I reluctantly requested a refund rather than lose money on a product I couldn’t access.
However, I didn’t have any real problems with it, per say - it seemed to start flights showing generally accurate liveries during taxiing to take off, and only become increasingly inaccurate if you hung about too long. Also, correct liveries or not, it’s still (imho) better than none at all, especially as personally I fly GA and the ‘big birds’ are usually just background eye candy.

(Also, I most often fly from Edinburgh, where 99% seem to be EasyJet or Ryanair anyway 😀).

I understand the reasons for not having it available, even with a disclaimer explaining the limitations, but I for one would buy it again in a heartbeat if or when possible. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2023 at 1:31 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I see your point of view, but the fact is most people don't seem to read these days, lol. 

A few months have passed and checking the Marketplace today on Xbox I'm seeing one or two AI add-ons that were removed for the same reason Simple Traffic was, that are now back up on the Marketplace. (unless I'm mistaken)

Is it possible they've tweaked/adjusted the "Use Generic models" option finally?

Would the team be kind enough to look into it and see if there has indeed been any change or if the situation remains the same?

• 2 months later...

Hi - like many on XBox we miss Simple Traffic the sim in X Box is now capable of much more than it was - have you been able to work with MS to resolve these issues that are now nearly 2 years old

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Flyboy70 said:

Hi - like many on XBox we miss Simple Traffic the sim in X Box is now capable of much more than it was - have you been able to work with MS to resolve these issues that are now nearly 2 years old

Unfortunately not. The particular settings that would be required for Simple Traffic to work are not available on Xbox as they are on PC.