Honeycomb configurator for X-Plane 12

• Administrator

Hello,

if it really will not work wit X-Plane 12, then there will be an update or a XP12 version developed.

But X-Plane 12 is in early Beta at the time. 

In this phase it is difficult to decide what is the reason when an addon does not work.

Greets Heinz

• Like 1

Duplicating the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\x-plane_install_12.txt file and renaming it x-plane_install_11.txt allowed me to install the software and it worked fine for me with latest XP12 Public Beta.
N.B. I don't have XP11 installed so I can do this without any issues. YMMV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hi guys,

so far there are some early reports that the software itself might run just fine...e.g. by directly copying it over to the X-Plane 12 folder, or by doing toby23s workaround to get the installer to recognize the X-Plane 12 install location. Continue to let us know, what you find.

I copied from xplane 11 folder but if I make changes to a profile and load into a plane in 12 the changes are not there.

Never mind, I figured it out. You have to export the profiles to the new location. It doesn't seem to work if you copy them.

Would you mind telling us how you exported it. Are you on Windows or Mac. Not everything works on Macs in the same way. I copied the AFC Bridge plugin over to XP-12 after I noticed the HBT is not showing up with its placard in settings, whereas the HAJ does as do the other controllers of mine. A throttle controller with the name is Honeycomb Bravo Throttle was recognised even before the copying over to XP-12, but only the six axis work, gear and lights and trim wheel don't work.

Transferring profiles from XP11

I have a dual installation of XP11 & 12 (till all my addon aircraft are compatible). After an initial frustration I managed to make the XP11 profiles work in XP12, but it is a bit quirky. Here's how I made it work:

1. I copied the AFCBridge folder from XP11 plugins to XP12 plugins
  2. I went to honeycomb_profiles and I deleted all the profiles that were carried over from XP11
  3. (IMPORTANT!) I ran the honeycomb-configurator.exe from INSIDE the newly copied AFCBridge folder in XP12 plugins
  4. In the configurator I went to Profiles --> Import Profiles and I imported the profiles I needed from the honeycomb_profiles folder inside the XP11 AFCBridge folder
  5. I activated the profile I needed and it worked fine (All buttons and LEDS assigned in the configurator)

So far I tested profiles for the default C172 and the Zibo 737 and they worked without any issues.

Further comments for dual installation of XP11 &12

The quirkiness in all this is the 3rd step which I marked as important. If you want to run both XP11 & 12 like me, every time you want to load a new profile you will have to make sure to start the correct executable from the respective AFCBridge folder. So technically you now have 2 configurators, one for XP11 and one for XP12.
If you want to change the behavior of the Start Menu shortcut icon created on installation you can go to Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Aerosoft - Honeycomb - XPlane 11 and replace the shortcuts to the executable you want.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

@everydaynormalgeek   thank you,  configurator and profiles activation works.

Problems still are in the setting section in XP12:

no picture and autopilot and switches section for the HC Throttle. Yoke is fine.

if I import from XP11 output/preferences/control profiles, the joysticks.prf into XP12 the joystick setting is mixed up between yoke and throttle and has no bindings.

What are your experiences?

yes in XP12 joystick setting looks loke the attached pic.

And as mentioned earlier in a post, if I import the file or I copy one and rename it in the file structure it works. If I create within the configurator from another setting and rename it, all bindings are gone.

Globaly the configurator, the Alpha and Bravo are working fine.
Thanks to Honeycomb.

Please login to display this image.

You can also go to your x-plane 11>resources>joystick configs and just copy the Honeycomb*** .png files into the same-named folder in x-plane 12 in order to have all the pictures and interactive buttons you see when you go to the xp11 joystick settings.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/2/2022 at 9:28 PM, funkyhut said:

Why can't the people at Honeycomb just pull their fingers out and add an XP 12 option to their downloads page?

They have to learn how to code a download link first. 

• Like 1

For the the HC Throttle worked without having to copy/paste anything over from XP11, however, I can't get the righter rotary knob/dial to work, the increase/decrease value. Anyone have any solutions? Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey bit of info I've found. I'm running xplane 12 on an M1 Mac and the lights weren't working even after running the configurator. I've found the problem is the plugin needs updating to run on the M1 Macs, so you need to right click on the xplane app, click Get Info and then check open with Rosetta. This tells OSX to run the application as if it was on an Intel processor. HC and a bunch of other xplane 12 plugins then started working and all the lights came on. 

I hope Honeycomb can release and update soon so the HC "just works" on apple silicon. Yet until then this is your fix.

• Thanks 2

I did the import as Everyday Normal Geek stated in his procedure and everything works except the throttle. I have had no change. No matter how I set the Axis to reverse or not my throttle will not increase RPM when I move the lever forward. It only increases if I pull the lever back.

I noticed that my Mode in the Configurator only shows Boeing or Airbus. That does not seem correct.

I don't know how to change the mode though.

I am a Cessna 172

• 2 weeks later...

1) Is it possible to install the Honeycomb Configurator (downloaded by changing the http:// to https://), running Windows 11 Home with X-Plane 12, but do NOT have X-Plane 11 installed?

2) Without the Configurator, is there any way to get the Honeycomb Bravos right (increment / decrement) dial to do different things depending on the selection of the left (autopilot mode) dial?

The Bravo seems like it would be pretty awesome, but I'm very sad that some major functionality is missing.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Question 1 : 
Yes, you have to "fool" the installer.
I created an empty X-Plane 11 folder then directed the installation of the Configurator to this folder.
Afterwards, I copied all the data installed to the XP12 folder according to this procedure : 
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/174194-using-the-xplane-11-honeycomb-configurator-in-xplane-12/

NOTE : It may work if you specify the XP12 folder immediately, but I wasn't able to try as I had to delete XP12 from my machine.

When the Configurator is downloaded and extracted, open the Setup_V210 folder : 

Execute Setup.exe as administrator : 

Browse to theXP-11 folder you created (or to the existing XP-12 folder)

Then, if in XP-11 folder, copy everything in the XP-12 folder as specified in the procedure above.

Question 2 : 

This doesn't depend on the Bravo but on the simulator and the plane/addon in use.
The encoders are simply dual push buttons that need to be assigned to functions like any other button.
 If the plane you use allows INC/DEC controls according to a selection, it will work, otherwise not.
(I don't think Xplane allows that. MSFS does however)

Please keep in ind that the Bravo is a standard HID : Plain simple standard axes and buttons.
Please see this post for info :