ATC window is greyed out.

hawkhero856

Hi,

Just installed the CRJ package. Started a flight and found my ATC window is greyed out. I can see other traffic talking. Tried reinstalling and the same thing. Other aircraft work fine.

Please login to display this image.

10 hours ago, hawkhero856 said:

Hi,

Just installed the CRJ package. Started a flight and found my ATC window is greyed out. I can see other traffic talking. Tried reinstalling and the same thing. Other aircraft work fine.

You probably have Avionics bound to a Switch and that is telling the sim to disable this....  That also won't work in other aircraft...

4 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

@hawkhero856

Test 1: Make new EMPTY profiles for all your controllers (including Mouse) -> test

working?

--> YES --> then you do have a button binding.....

--> NO -->

Test 2: Unplug your controllers leaving just your Mouse -> test

I made it to test 2,still the same. Photo1 is test 1. Photo 2 is all controls empty profile. Photo 3 is just mouse with all other controls unplugged. I tried reinstalling before the test with the same results.

7 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

So you only have this issue when starting on the runway?

Yes. Start at the gate, no problem. Connected all controllers one by one and it works! Just can’t start on runway

@hawkhero856 So here you go....the DEV was quick on this...

If you start on a RWY, MSFS assumes you have already got your TO clearance and no other commands are available at that time --> same goes for all other standard ACFT (just check them).

As soon as you TO, ATC commands come alive again :) .

Archived