Jump to content

When is it coming to Xbox ? (unknown, but is available on Marketplace for PC)


Fungaming

Recommended Posts

On 7/8/2022 at 4:13 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Check the manual for the settings and limitations.

Manual Simple Traffic.pdf 745.41 kB · 12 downloads

 

Manual?? In the markeplace description there is not even a typed in link to download a manual.  Not much of a problem in that most people know how to find it at Aerosoft.  However the manual focuses on PC usage.  The word "xbox" does not exist in the manual.  Nor does it mention that the GENERAL OPTIONS/TRAFFIC/AI AND MULTIPLAYER TRAFFIC DETAIL section settings do not exist in the xbox.  Hard to believe someone couldn't have figured this out and do a small edit on the user manual.

 

Now please get with Asobo and insist they enable the 3 settings in the AI AND MULTIPLAYER TRAFFIC DETAIL section.  This might, as a user pointed out, be a simple cure for the xbox issue.  If not, then more attentionwill be required to find an acceptable solution.

 

I, like others, have uninstalled SimpleTraffic from my Xbox until the issues are resolved.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let’s see if Aerosoft stops being ignorant and tries to actually solve the problem instead of blaming all these users for not being able to do those simple settings. 
it is not like we are bunch of uneducated and idiot people who don’t know how the simple traffic code works. We exactly know how it should be working.

So, again, please collaborate with Microsoft/Asobo to solve this problem. We have limited options for AI traffic on XBOX, if any. Simple traffic could improve the immersion a lot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aerosoft
On 7/9/2022 at 1:11 PM, Fungaming said:

American Airlines turned into korean air lol. Come on this is beyond crazy. 

Please login to display this image.

 

I agree.

 

The problem is that there is no option to test your DLC on Xbox before release. We are doing all we can to sort out this issue. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

I agree.

 

The problem is that there is no option to test your DLC on Xbox before release. We are doing all we can to sort out this issue. 

So you do now acknowledge  there’s an issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sure!

 

The problem is that there is no option to test your DLC on Xbox before release. We are doing all we can to sort out this issue. 

Well this is the first time you have acknowledge this. Yesterday your posts gave the impression it was performing completely as expected, despite many people raising it. Think you should do a bit more to acknowledge major issue -  than..  ‘sure’

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:


This is an issue that only happens under certain conditions and it takes time to actually define those conditions. It took me about 5 hours to be able to reliably confirm the issue.


I’m sorry this is completely untrue! The issue does not ‘only happen under certain conditions’ - and thus I suggest to you we are back at the denial stage. Simple Traffic on Xbox is not working as intended. Not sometimes. Not under some conditions. Every time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yesterday after all of the reports you could have said ‘thank you, I have noted your points and we will be working on analysing and fixing them asap.’

 

instead we got ‘it’s fine, it’s working as intended, read the manual’

 

oh and I have little sympathy for the time you’ve given up - after all there’s users in here who don’t work for Aerosoft but have spent their whole weekend trying to convince you there’s an issue! At the end of the day when this is fixed there’s a big treasure chest waiting for you in marketplace - we just get ‘sure’

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm also not very pleased with the way it has been handled, because the answers that everything was working as intended was big stab in the back to the hundreds of people who are writing everywhere that there is an issue on Xbox and all we got was that it was working as intended even though you advertise differently. Now that it is finally acknowledged that there is a problem we get that it sometimes happens, uhh no for 98% of us it happens all the time. I have also said that it could be because of the settings we have missing on Xbox that PC has and I have talked to Jorg the head of Flight Simulator about that and he will look into it but would definitely help if Aerosoft could also provide its feedback to Microsoft / Asobo that those settings are vital and seriously needed on Xbox for products such as yours to work correctly.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you are looking for a job in QA and feel we messed up, can I offer you mine? As is clear you have no weekends, but I get paid rather well and you work with great people!  And of course you got to be willing to write things like this at quarter to ten on a Sunday.

 

Erm - With all do respect, do you realise you're talking to people who want to support your product to such length that they ARE QA testing for you. They're spending their free time and weekends providing feedback and testing the product for you on the XBOX platform and they even PAID you for the privilege to do it. Then what, they're to be met with sarcasm from the people taking their money? You should be thanking these people for buying your product and assuring them it will be looked into. 

 

If you're releasing products for profit that you know cannot be tested before being sold, you should also respect the fact that your consumer base are your unpaid QA testers and therefore have a little respect when providing support.

 

"Hi! Thanks for your reports regarding this issue - testing is non existent on the platform so problems can arise. Rest assured we'll look into it as soon as we're back in the office!" - Easy enough, isn't it?

 

I don't care at all if this product ever improves - Aerosoft are fully off my list of respectable developers. 

 

Well done to those spending their free time identifying this problem - I'm not convinced Aerosoft deserve your custom but good luck with it!

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Discovered another issue, when you got static Ground Aircraft turned on you got Airliners spawning at small airfields where they are not suppose to be. I removed this addon and it stopped, i installed the addon again and poof there they were again. No idea why it happens but it does. Examples they spawned at PAKW and PAKT in Canada both in Alaska. Tried it with the addon airports that i have and without both ended with the same result. It's definitely this addon Simple Traffic that is causing it because when its uninstalled it never happens and soon as you install it again poof there they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It has been removed from the Marketplace as it wasnt working correctly. Now us that have it installed have a different problem now, we still own it and its still active even though you dont even see it in content manager anymore so now we cant even decide if we want to have it active or not because we cant even uninstall it without having to reinstall the entire damn sim. I sure hope we get some sort of fix for this or atleast an option to remove it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also hope that this addon can get fixed soon on Xbox. Even Simple Traffic had his issues it was nice to see some real liveries.

 

Maybe we can get a short statement from Aerosoft about current situation for Xbox users?

Even this issue is quite new and only a few days old, is there any information available regarding a fix which can be shared with Xbox community? Can we expect a fix for Xbox in near future?

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Fungaming said:

It has been removed from the Marketplace as it wasnt working correctly. Now us that have it installed have a different problem now, we still own it and its still active even though you dont even see it in content manager anymore so now we cant even decide if we want to have it active or not because we cant even uninstall it without having to reinstall the entire damn sim. I sure hope we get some sort of fix for this or atleast an option to remove it.

 

Then its a defective product.  An immediate refund should be given as well as a means to get this trash out of our sim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DarknessAKAsk said:

I also hope that this addon can get fixed soon on Xbox. Even Simple Traffic had his issues it was nice to see some real liveries.

 

Maybe we can get a short statement from Aerosoft about current situation for Xbox users?

Even this issue is quite new and only a few days old, is there any information available regarding a fix which can be shared with Xbox community? Can we expect a fix for Xbox in near future?

Thanks!

 

Shouldn't have to ask for a statement.  One should have been provided at the moment it was removed from marketplace.  I think its called "responsibility"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aerosoft
18 hours ago, Fungaming said:

Discovered another issue, when you got static Ground Aircraft turned on you got Airliners spawning at small airfields where they are not suppose to be. I removed this addon and it stopped, i installed the addon again and poof there they were again. No idea why it happens but it does. Examples they spawned at PAKW and PAKT in Canada both in Alaska. Tried it with the addon airports that i have and without both ended with the same result. It's definitely this addon Simple Traffic that is causing it because when its uninstalled it never happens and soon as you install it again poof there they are.

 

Is that on Xbox or PC?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aerosoft
19 hours ago, Tom Bush said:

Erm - With all do respect, do you realise you're talking to people who want to support your product to such length that they ARE QA testing for you. They're spending their free time and weekends providing feedback and testing the product for you on the XBOX platform and they even PAID you for the privilege to do it. Then what, they're to be met with sarcasm from the people taking their money? You should be thanking these people for buying your product and assuring them it will be looked into. 

 

Correct.

 

If any single word I posted came across as sarcastic I seriously apologize for that. I am pretty allergic to that. Reading back I do not see it, but that does not matter.

 

When we got the first feedback it all seemed fine, even here on this forum you will find Xbox screenshot showing good traffic. When we got the first hints or problems I tested it myself (again, keep in mind you are simply not able to test on Xbox before release) and loaded up Paderborn and got near perfect AI traffic. Same as on PC. I tested a few other airports and got more or less correct results. I even got Rotterdam to look good. 

 

That is when I wrote my post. Now we know that in more complex situations things go bad. Perhaps my bad, but it would not have changed anything.  If you find issues like this on a Friday evening...

 

Of course we are looking at the issue, we have been doing that non stops since Friday evening. But as is explained many times, the product does not contain any code. It is just liveries and config files. These are send to the sim who then handles them. So at this moment we simply have zero idea on what we can change. We have, of course. discussed this with Microsoft today and they are looking into it.  On our request they also removed Xbox compatibility from the product.  

 

We fully understand Xbox users are not happy. We are not happy. Of course we are not happy.  But this is not a matter of customer support or an update. We would love to fix this issue, but until we know why the same code is running different on Xbox compared to PC we are just poking around in the dark. For that we need the kind assistance of Microsoft. They have been extremely helpful in the past and I am sure that they will assist us. 

 

Again, to be perfectly clear, this is an issue that only affect the use on Xbox, not on PC. The version bought for PC on the Marketplace is the same as has been bought by tens of thousands of customers since the launch.  It works. It has limitations but those are well explained in the manual that we hope people will read before buying.

 

 

Manual Simple Traffic.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Correct.

 

If any single word I posted came across as sarcastic I seriously apologize for that. I am pretty allergic to that. Reading back I do not see it, but that does not matter.

 

When we got the first feedback it all seemed fine, even here on this forum you will find Xbox screenshot showing good traffic. When we got the first hints or problems I tested it myself (again, keep in mind you are simply not able to test on Xbox before release) and loaded up Paderborn and got near perfect AI traffic. Same as on PC. I tested a few other airports and got more or less correct results. I even got Rotterdam to look good. 

 

That is when I wrote my post. Now we know that in more complex situations things go bad. 

 

Of course we are looking at the issue, we have been doing that non stops since Friday evening. But as is explained many times, the product does not contain any code. It is just liveries and config files. These are send to the sim who then handles them. So at this moment we simply have zero idea on what we can change. We have, of course. discussed this with Microsoft today and they are looking into it.  On our request they also removed Xbox compatibility from the product.  

 

We fully understand Xbox users are not happy. We are not happy. Of course we are not happy.  But this is not a matter of customer support or an update. We would love to fix this issue, but until we know why the same code is running different on Xbox compared to PC we are just poking around in the dark. For that we need the kind assistance of Microsoft. They have been extremely helpful in the past and I am sure that they will assist us. 

 

Again, to be perfectly clear, this is an issue that only affect the use on Xbox, not on PC. The version bought for PC on the Marketplace is the same as has been bought by tens of thousands of customers since the launch.  It works. It has limitations but those are well explained in the manual that we hope people will read before buying.

 

 

Manual Simple Traffic.pdf 331.6 kB · 0 downloads

Three of the settings from the manual do not exist in Xbox - is this something you have explored with Microsoft?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aerosoft
1 minute ago, migsy said:

By the way @Mathijs Koki see a huge (and other people same) amount of nouvelair. This airline seems to be taking over the world of simple traffic!!

 

On Xbox right?

 

As explained the actual livery that is shown is, after the information from the config files is parsed, if fully controlled by the sim. No idea why it would default to that one. Personally I see a lot of Air France at this moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aerosoft Team changed the title to When is it coming to Xbox ? (unknown, but is available on Marketplace for PC)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use